Saturday, April 11, 2009

Etsy Inspired Challenge #31 - DT Sample

Etsy Inspired # 31
.......
Challenge Sample
Good Morning!!! How is everyone doing today???
.......
Well it is once again Saturday and What does that mean??? What was that??? Yep you are right it is Etsy Inspired Challenge!!!!
.......
To top that all off I have some Big Etsy News to share with you. First off we have a April Etsy Guest Designer De from Stamping De Va blog. De is very talented and leaves the sweetest comments all over blog land!!! I think I see her picture in the comment box on all most every blog I go to!!! She is a sweetie so make sure you stop by her blog each week in April for her Etsy DT posts!!!
.......
Next is the really big news!!! Are you ready???, Well if you would like to be on the Etsy DT for the month of June all you have to do is play in every week of the Etsy Challenge for April!!! So go to the shops with us pick an inspiration or several inspiration pieces and then make a project any kind of project you want and link your creation post to Ashley's Blog (our Etsy Inspired Creator). She will then pick a super talented Guest Designer from those who played along each week in April!!! Get hopping on those creations I want to see you be our Guest DT for June!!!
I found this cool graphic on De's Blog and had to use it for this post!!!
.......
Now for this weeks Etsy shop. Ashley picked a cool Pottery Store this week!!!! I saw lots of Greens and Blues, and Flowers and Hearts throughout the store so I choose to do my card up in Greens, and Blues and use flowers too!!! Woo Hoo!!!! So be sure to go visit this weeks Etsy Inspired shop Make Mine Mud - by little Miss Pottery!!!
.......
Here are some of the Inspiration Pieces I picked out to help me decide how to make my DT card this week.
......
Now I am sure you would like to see what I made with it!!! My Camera was having issues so I had to scan the card rather than take pictures of it so it is a bit squished!!! You can get the jest of it. All of the flowers are popped up using SU! Dimensionals. I used a different color of ribbon that my Good Friend Janna sent me as part of my Birthday present. I used some marbled blue and green paper for the card. For some reason all the pottery inspired me to stay more simple for this weeks card.
.......

I also got out my Martha Stewart punch to do the bottom boarder. I Stamped up some images from an old SU Level 3 Hostess set that SU! actually sent us for Christmas a couple of years ago, It is called Time Well Spent. I have only used it one other time but always loved all the flowers in it!!!! I thought it worked great for this card. I stamped the images on SU! Whisper White Card stock with Memento Ink and then I colored them up with my Copics, B21, B45, B60, B91, G20, G00, G02, G24, and G29.

The lower right bottom image that is not Yellow in the center, but a very light Green Wax White which is the G20 Copic.

.......

So now it is time to head on over to the other DT girls to see what their wonderful creations are this week!!!! Did you know we started out as the Etsy Inspired 8 and now we are the Etsy Inspired Eleven. Plus we have Miss De too!!!!

.......

The EtsyInspired Team

.......

De (April Guest Designer)

....... Heather Schlatter

....... Jackie Bowman

....... Joy Stagg

....... Kerry Angeles

....... Kristen Dyer

.,...... Lee Murphy

....... Lindsay Spencer

....... Shannon Bracken

....... Taylor Usry

....... Tiffany Johnson

....... Tonya Hopkins

.......

Well I hope you enjoy the Etsy Shop for this week and if you purchase anything from the store and mention Etsy Inspired Challenge in the purchase comments she will mail you out a free Pendant!!! Yea!!!! So go to the store choose your Inspiration, make a creation of some sort, and then link it up to Ashley's Post about this weeks Etsy shop by Friday at Noon Pacific time. So next Friday Random.Brady can make his decision of who will win the prize!!!! Ashley is also giving a prize away in place of the Store donating a free somthing for the Random winner this week!!!

.......

Well got to head off to go take Tucker to his Hair Cut Appointment at 10:30!!!! I can not wait until Easter Piper and Willow both have white and lavender dresses and Tucker has a 3 piece suit with a cute little tie to wear to church in the morning. It is a Gray Vest, Pants, and a dark lavender shirt and a gray and purple tie to go with it!!!

.......

Have a Stampendous Saturday everyone I hope you decide to play along this week!!!

.......

Heather

16 comments:

de said...

Heather! LOVE your card! A great inspiration from all the beautiful pottery Miss Pottery creates!

Your kids Easter outfits sound adorable! Hope you will have pics to share!

Tonya said...

What a pretty cards. Great colors and I love the punched edge.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Love your colors and the punched edge! Beautiful Card Heather! Happy Easter!!

Jackie said...

Fab card Heather! I chose the same colors for my inspiration...great minds think alike!!!

Hope you have a Blessed Easter with your family!
Hugs

Kerry said...

Such pretty blue/green flowers! Hope you have a wonderful Easter weekend!

Lisa Foster said...

Oh I love this one too! Fabulous job!

Ashley said...

What a cute card! I think the colors and flowers are perfect! I really like that SU set you used, super fun! And you're right, you went pretty simple this week FOR HEATHER. ;)

Brady's birthday is June 18. So, he and Tucker are just 9 days apart.

Tiff said...

I just love all your inspirational pieces and I thought you really captured all those colors well!!! Your card is Beautiful!

Kristen said...

Heather this card is awesome!! :) I love where you used the edge punch!

Danni said...

This is so pretty! The colors go together so nicely!! Great job!
Where's my puppy pictures? LOL!

Vickilyn said...

Cute card! I love it!!

Christine Riley said...

This is beautiful! Love the colors and the border punch. Just gorgeous!
Hugs, Christine :)

Maria said...

Hey Heather! De is an awesome person most definitely. Such a great blogger friend!!

Your card is fantastic. . .great interpretation of the inspiration. YOur card is gorgeous!! I just love the pretty colors of your card and the awesome flowers. That SU set is one of my favorite!! I've always had fun creating cards with that stamp set!!!

Be sure to take pictures of your kids in their cute outfits!!

Hope you and your family have a wonderful Easter!!

Maria

Emily said...

I love this card, I love your colors and I love the look with the martha punch, great idea!!!

Tanya said...

Really nice interpretation! I like this a lot!

Tasha Hickert said...

Hmm...I didn't see any comments about you going simplistic? Maybe you were just paranoid. I think this card is very pretty. Your coloring looks great and the way you combined the color is beautiful.