Saturday, April 4, 2009

Etsy Inspired Challenge #30 DT Samples

"Owls Make Great Art"
Happy Saturday Everyone!!!!,
.......
Well it is time once again for us to reveal our DT samples for the Etsy Shop this week. Ashely has picked a wonderful shop Called Lauren Alexander's Art. She has wonderful Fun, Whimsical, Colorful Art and you just have to go check it out!!!! I love this shop it is my favorite we have done so far!!!!
.......
So Here are some pictures of pieces I liked!!!
This is the final one I choose as my inspiration piece for the week.

When I saw this shop my mind went directly to my Greeting Farm Owl that I have not used on a project yet, so I got him out and inked him up several times, then I colored him with Copics in 4 different color schemes all inspired from the Etsy Shop owners colors in her Art work.

.......

This is what I came up with what do you think??

.......

I cut the owls out and outlined their edges with my Black Copic so that they did not have any white edges and then I popped them up from their matted backgrounds (all cut out using the 3rd size up Scallop Square Nestie.) I popped the owls up with thick excess foam from my stamps and then I popped the squares up with thinner Stampin dimensional's from SU! I used SU! Card stocks in Tempting Turquoise, Only Orange, Pixie Pink, and Yo Yo Yellow, then the Card back is on Basic Black CS from SU! The owls are colored up on Neenah thick white card stock.

.......

So now you have seen my sample and now it is time to go off and see the other 10 dT Members wonderful DT samples for you this week!!! I know I can not wait to see what they all did with this shop!!! Don't Forget to head over to Ashley's Blog to see her sample and the prize this week too. All you have to do to win is Go to the Etsy Shop, pick out an inspiration piece or two, make a project any project off of your inspiration and then link your project on Ashley's blog then you will be entered into the Drawing you have until next Friday at Noon Pacific time to play along!!!

.......

The Etsy Inspired Eleven Design Team:

......

Jackie Bowman

.......

Joy Stagg

.......

Kerry Angeles

.......

Kristen Dyer

.......

Lee Murphy

.......

Lindsay Spencer

.......

Shannon Bracken

........

Taylor Usry

.......

Tiffany Johnson

.......

Tonya Hopkins

.......

Well I am off to clean, get ready for company tomorrow, and finish getting my Stampers Club Projects sorted and ready to take to club for my girls to do!!!! Wooooo Hooooo!!!

.......

Have a Stampendous Saturday and I hope you get to do something Creative!!!!

.......

Heather

25 comments:

de said...

Heather! This is so cute! I love the colors and the owls! My guest DT post is http://stampin-de-va.blogspot.com/2009/04/etsy-inspired-challenge-30.html.

Tonya said...

Very cute. Love the bright colors.

Emily said...

YOu know I love the GREETING FARM.....I love the colors and the coloring...and the layout!!!

jami {sgtStamper} said...

That owl looks fantastic in all those cheerful colors!!! Love it!!!

Kerry said...

ADORABLE! I love this shop too and you did a great job with those owls!

Kristen said...

Heather these are soooooo cute! :) Great job!!

Ashley said...

So super cute Heather! I do need that TGF set! Ack, I love what you did!

Heather said...

Great job with the challenge. Your project is awesome!!!!

Jacqueline said...

This is wonderful!! great interpretation of the ETSY shop!! Love it!

Shannon said...

Great card! I love all the colors you used.

Tinker and JingeBear's Mom said...

I love owls. I love these owls. I love their big sleepy eyes and their gorgeous colors. They are happy to be your owls! Thanks for the inspiration.
~ky

Danni said...

What a fun card! So bright and colorful! and cute owls!!
Enjoy your weekend!

Margie said...

So very cute! Fun and bright :)
Have a wonderful weekend!!!

daydreams 505 said...

Hi Heather! Thanks for inviting me to play! I just love these bright and happy colors! Your card is adorable. Have a great day!

Tenia Nelson said...

Super cute!!!! tfs!!
-t

Maria said...

Hey Heather! Oh gosh what beautiful colorful owls!! So bright and happy looking. Love the squares. . .what a great way to present all those different colored owls. You did fantastic with your inspiration!!

Maria

Silli said...

Heather, this is so cute. I love the colors... Great work... Hugs from Silke

Heather "Hev" said...

Hi Heather :)

Love owls - definitely would have picked these too!!

Fab work :)

Tiff said...

This is absolutely amazingly cute! I think it's my fave so far :)

Christine Riley said...

This is absolutely adorable! I love the bright, cheery colors!
Hugs, Christine

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

Oh my gosh are these owls adorable!!! I love that fun and colorful layout!!!

Tanya said...

oh very fun! The owls are perfect!

Michelle said...

What do I think - FABULOUS!!! LOVE IT - perfection at it's best!! Seriously, Heather you rocked this challenge. Your card is beautiful!!

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Your card is so fabulous Heather, I love the owls and great colours, You did a great job with the challenge, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Janna said...

Your right Heather this is a really cool store! I like the whimisical feeel to all her art and the soft lines and swirls she uses! You did a manificant job of capturing the feel of her creations. It kind of reminds me of an Andy Warhol painting! Great use of colors and making them pop off the black!! Love it!!

Smiles,
janna