Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Twinkling Tuesday's Down at the Pond

Twinkling Green Frog Scene
Happy Tuesday Everyone!!!!
.......
Well this week for Twinkling Tuesday's we have a Guest "Twinkie" again. This weeks Temporary Twinkie is none other than Nicky (Madelynn's little Brother, and Jess's son, and Jack's twin brother as well)
.......
Nicky did not want to draw a Sketch, and he did not want to do an inspiration or color challenge so he challenged all of us Design Team - Twinkies to use a FROG some where on our cards. He really loves Frogs and so he wants to see them on a bunch of cards!!!! If you want to play along this week just make a card using a Frog (or if you do not have any Frog stamps, paper, embellies et.... you can use a Turtle or a reptile, snail, or critter). When you upload to SCS or PCP use keyword or tag MTTSC20. Also leave a comment either on Jessica's Blog The Whimsical Butterfly, or on the Twinkling Tuesday Blog so we can all check out your great creations as well!!!!
.......
Can you believe we have already been doing Twinkling Tuesdays for 20 weeks??? Well I started on the DT about 8 weeks in, but I had played along for 7 of the 8 weeks before Jess asked me to join Madelynn's Design Team.
.......
So anyway after you are done seeing my creation for Nicky's Challenge then you can head on over to the other girls blogs and see what they came up with!!! I can not wait to see all the Frog/Critter/Reptile cards!!!!
.......
.......
The "Twinkle Team"
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
........
........
.......
.......
.......
........
.......
.......
.......
.......
So now onto my card for this week. I took my sponges and SU! ink pads in Bordering Blue, Ballet Blue, Bashful Blue, Garden Green, Glorious Green, and Whisper White to make the Pond, Grassy area, and Sky.
.......
I used the Bordering Blue first and then sponged over it with Ballet Blue (a brighter blue) to give the water some shading and depth. The Sky is Bashful Blue with some Whisper White clouds, and the Grass is Garden Green first with Glorious Green sponged over it to shade again.
I used torn post it notes to get the edge of the pond where it meets the dirt and grass. I then took just a little close to cocoa and used my SU! marker on the sponge to create the tiny layer of dirt so the Pond and the grass were not so stark where they met.
.......
I had already colored up these 3 cute images from the new The Greeting Farm set "Down by the Pond" over the weekend so when I found out what the challenge was I was so excited because I had them colored and ready to go!!! Willow loves this set because ever since she got a Fish tank for Christmas she just love Fish!!!! She says this Orange Fish is just like her Gold Fish who is Orange named Goldie!!! I forgot to take a Shimmerz view, but the fish has Orange Sherbet Shimmerz on its fins.
.......
I took my new SU! set and used the stamp with lots of trees in it to make the Tree background. I just colored int he images with Close to Co Co and Garden Green for the Tree colors. I had to stamp the image 1 and 1/2 times to go all the way across the image!!
.......
I free handed the Lily Pad and then sponged in the garden green and the glorious green to get the color I outlined the edges with my Garden Green marker for depth and shading purposes. I used these copics for the Frog.
.......
G20, G24, G29, G95
For the Turtle I used G07, G95, and G20, Y38. The Rabbit is C2, C3, and C5, RV02, RV13 The Carrot is YR04, and YR09.
The Fish is YR02, YR04, YR09, YR22, and YR68
.......
Well Marvin made it home safe and sound and really had a lot of fun working at the Navajo Christian Boarding School in Winslow Arizona called Sun Valley Indian School. Even though he worked hard Roofing, and Cleaning, and Building stuff he seemed to really have fun. They got to drive 2 hours out to the Indian Reservation on the Sunday they were there to see the Reservation and go to church there. He says the whole reservation is about the size of 3/4's of Kansas wow!!!
.......
They were a couple of hours from the Grand Canyon but decided not to go there so they would have more time to work at the school, but he did get to go to the Petrified Forrest and brought back necklaces and Rocks for the girls and a Route 66 t-shirt for Tucker!!! Tucker has proudly worn it two days in a row now!!! He will be sad tomorrow when I tell him it has to be washed!!!
.......
On the groups last day there they stopped working around noon and went about 5 miles away to the Town Cars the Movie was based on and saw the hotel with all the T-Pees for rooms and now that the Movie is out the Hotel has purchased one of each of the major cars in the Movie. He said it was fun to see!!!
.......
I was able to get some cleaning and laundry done on Saturday so the house is getting much more under control and the 13 days of laundry I was behind on because we had no dryer is slowly dwindling down!!!! My Sister In Law told me that she has heard when you get that far behind on Laundry it takes about a month to catch back up!!! Yuck I hope not!!! Not that I am ever totally caught up there is always more to do!!!
.......
School is quickly nearing the end Willow gets done with Pre-School on May 15th and Piper is out for the school year on May 22nd!!!! Only 8 more days of school for Willow and I think Piper has like 18 more days!!! Wow I can not believe she will be a 2nd grader next year where did the years fly by too??? The next few weeks will be pretty hectic!!!
.......
I hope you enjoyed my Twinkling Card!!!! I had a blast making it!!! I wanted to do the Reflection technique where the frogs reflection would be in the water but in the end I just thought that would make it too busy!!!
.......
Have a Stampendous Tuesday all and I hope you play along!!!
Tomorrow I will be back with Flutter By Wednesday!!!! This week's challenge is a fun one!!!
.......
Heather

25 comments:

Christine Riley said...

What a sweet, sweet card! Love your coloring.
Hugs, Christine :)

Heather said...

Heather, you card is so cute! I love all those critters and you colored them just perfectly!! Great job!

eggette said...

Love all your reptiles!! Such a cute scene!

Nancy said...

Awesome card, Heather!! So glad that your hubby had such a rewarding time! Wow, the kids get out of school soon!!! Summer is coming! Best wishes, and thanks for the fun card this week!!

Sandra MacLean said...

Stop the press!!! Is that brown I see along the water's edge?!? Say it isn't so Heather! Is it possible to love this card anymore with or without the brown on it?!! Nicky is going to go ga-ga over this creation Heather! Great job!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

This is way too cool! I so need some good frog stamps! I don't own ANY at all! Boo hoo!

Hugs,

Regina said...

what a cute scene you've created!!
You are so clever! I love always your inspiring and creative ideas!

Take care Hugs Regina

Janna said...

So I don't accept that the girls are getting older! They need to stop growing! I don't even want to think about it!!! Yikes!!! Oh and maybe you should throw in Tuckers Ba Ba with tshirt. Hopefully it wont' be as tramatic for him! lOL!! So glad Marvin had a great time and got to see all that neat stuff! That is really wonderful that he was able to do all that and that you were willing to sacrafice your time to let him go! I know he appreciates it as does the people you guys helped!

And I love this card! heahter it is incredible! Seriously1 the detail you made with the trees and the beautiful pond is amazing!!1 Your coloring is beautiful and really looks like a snapshot! Great job!

Smiles,
janna

Heather "Hev" said...

This is the cutest pond Heather :)

and I want to ride a snail too!!

Maria said...

Aww, your card is so adorable, Heather! Wow, I'm loving the scenary and all the pretty colors! The background looks fantastic. . .you did a beautiful job creating it. Beautiful job on your coloring too. . .looks like you did a lot of work on this card! All the images are so cute together!!

Sounds like you've been busy! I have a ton of laundry to do too! Arggh! Your post reminded me that I forgot to dry one of my load. . .I hate that! Now, I need to rewash it! How annoying! LOL!!

Maria

Tanya said...

Your card is fabulous, and that frog is sooo cute!!!
I'm glad your husband is back, that is awlays soo nice!

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Enjoyed it..? Wow, I loved your twinkling card Heather! Awesome little scene and such cute little characters, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Jodi said...

Trying to catch up with everything I'm trying to fight off a cold. Your card is so cute and love how you colored each of your images.
Hugs,
Jodi =)

Kim R said...

WOW WOW WOW This is so perfect!! I love the layout. The coloring is gorgeous.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Your card is so cute Heather!! What a wonderful scene!! Love your layout and coloring!! Gorgeous girl! Can't wait to see your creation for our Flutter by Challenge tomorrow.
hugs,
Chris

Debbie Lee said...

All parts of your card are absolutely beyond adorable! That little froggy is sooo perfectly CUTE! Your coloring is amazing! :o)

Pascale said...

Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog Heather and giving me the opportunity to come and see your amazing creations,now I can follow you, hugs Pascale

Rebecca Ednie said...

What a cute little scene! I love the sponged background.

Cassie said...

oh.my.wow.heather!
you did it again - another wonderful scene!! i love how you can use lots of sets to do this! Love the sky and the pond and the grass!!

So glad Marvin is home - how funny he saw something CARS related as that is my little guys' favorite movie. About an hour from here is a little town with an old building that they based Ramone's paint store on --- so we stopped on our way home on Sunday and he just loved it!! I can't imagine how crazy he would be if he could see all the cones and the cars!!

Teresa said...

So cute. Love all those reptiles.

Nicky said...

Hi it's Nicky. Your card is SO cool. I like it so much. I like how you made the fish in the water and the frog on the lily pad. You are a good card maker. Thanks for playing the challenge! I really like this one a lot!

Nicole Bailey said...

Oh Heather, this card is ADorAble! Love how you colored in all the little animals! So cute!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such sweet comments!

Shawne said...

This is soo cute, great coloring and background!

Darla said...

What a stinkin' cute card! I love the whole scene with the trees in the background (gotta love the Lovely as a Tree set!) and how you used the post-it note to create the edge of the pond. How clever. You did a great job coloring the all the little critters. What a FUN card! You rocked the challenge.

Cathy said...

So cute!! Love the images!! Super fun!!