Sunday, April 19, 2009

DT Call for Inky Impressions - Stage 2

2nd Stage DT Call for
.......
"Inky Impressions"
Hello Again Everyone!!!,
.......
If you are looking for my Etsy Inspired Challenge Post it is one post below. I posted Twice today within a few hours of each other!!
.......
Well as I said on my blog a while back I was blessed enough to be chosen to go onto the 2nd Stage of the Inky Impressions DT Call. Nicole sent us these Ultra Cute Images last week and we were to take the Sketch she sent us and the image and make a project with it. Since she sent us 2 of the stamped Image I decided to make a second project as well.
.......
My First Project was a card. I wanted to pick papers that would look good with Easter Eggs because the adorable little girl with the Big gorgeous Eyes was so cute painting her Easter Eggs. So here are the papers I choose for the card. I also picked out greens, pinks, and purples as my solid colors to go with these colors. I ended up not using the bottom paper with the cute flowers. The flower paper and the geometric paper has glitter all throughout the card stock design it is really pretty!!! That Zig Zag Pattern was so perfect for Easter Eggs, and the big Polka dots really reminded me of Easter Eggs as well!!! What do you think???
.......
I found these wonderful Paper Studio Fibers at Hobby Lobby that had several rainbow pastel, and bright fibers in it and I knew this rainbow fiber would go perfect with the Easter Egg theme I wanted on the card!! So Above is my full Card and below is a close up of the cutie patootie herself!!! ....... I am not sure why when I send these pictures out in e-mail they always look more clear and you can see the shading and blending better then when you add them to blogger but anyway her she is!!! She was fun to pick colors for and color her up!!! I thought the Oval Nesties would go even more with the Easter Egg Theme!!! For my next project I thought it would be fun to make a holder for all my paint brushes and Aqua painters because I use them all the time for my Cards and Scrap book pages for all sorts of different techniques, and shimmerz and such. Since the little cutie had a paint brush I used that in the sketch for my paint brush holder. If you look closely you can kind of see the glitter in the paper with the geometric pattern on it. It was so pretty and sparkly!!! Don't you ever wish the cards we post looked as good as the cards do in real life??? I wish they did!!! LOL. One of my friends that lives near by and gets to see most of my cards always leaves comments like I love it, but in person it is 100 times more gorgeous!!! LOL!!!!
Here is the container I found to alter. I got it at Hobby Lobby and it also had a Lazy Susan on the bottom of it so it spins in circles I thought that made it even handier!!!
Here is the End of it that I thought would be great to do the Sketch on!!!
Here is a picture of the bottom so you can see the Lazy Susan Spinner thingy!!
.......
Above is the Sketch again, and below is my take on the Sketch for the Paint brush Holder. All Card Stocks on these two projects are Textured Card Stocks. The paint brushes are on Whisper White SU! Paper.

I hand drew the paint brushes and colored them in with my Copics as well as the Girl. The brushes have lots of blending and shading in them too, but I am not sure how well you can see that!!! LOL!!!!
Her is the sweet Inky Impressions girl again. Is she not just the sweetest looking?? I love those little leggings and the skirt my girls where outfits like these a lot!!! What girl does not love a pair of flip flops with flowers on them??? My girls are already begging to wear their flip flops all the time!!!
.......

On the sides I did not want to get too involved so I picked out 5 ribbons that matched my theme and colors and attached the same pattern to each side.

Above I stitched in Photoshop pictures of the two projects together so you could see them side by side.

.......

Well I better go get some other stuff done I hope you enjoy my pictures they were sure fun to make!!!! Wish me luck on the 2nd Stage of the DT Call!!!! I just love these images and would be honored to be part of this team!!!

.......

Have a Stampendous Monday!!!!

Heather

20 comments:

Nancy said...

WOW, Heather! These really knocked my socks off!! Your coloring is fabulous, and the detail on your altered item is phenomenal! The brushes are my favorite, and I can see all of the shading that you did! They would be lucky to have you!!

Chrissy's Creations said...

Those are so cute! I really love the paint brush container. Your coloring is great.

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

These are amazing Heather!! I'm really diggin' that container! Your coloring looks beautiful - I love her rosy cheeks!!

Christine Riley said...

Wow, what gorgeous creations! Love the bright and cheery colors, made me smile :)
Hugs, Christine

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

OMGoodness! Where do you find the time? These are absolutely gorgeous. Love, love, love the card and the box is ... it's.... I'm speechless! It's fantastic!

Hugs,

Heather said...

WOW! Both of these are incredible!!! Great job!

Jackie said...

These are both awesome Heather! I love how you altered your holder and that card is too stinkin' cute! The images are adorable and very well colored....good luck with the DT & I hope you make it!!!

Margie said...

These are amazing! I love the coloring and all the bright paper patterns! Very pretty!!!
Good luck :*)

Shawne said...

your blog and cards are so cute! Good luck on your DT call!

Emily said...

I think that the second girls hair looks soooo wonderfully real!! I would color mine like that if I didn't have to keep up the process. Both creations use great colors, by the way...hobby lobby has paper 50% off this week so I'm going to buy some of those paper packs!!!!

Danni said...

Wowzers!! Both projects are amazing but I love the second one! Wow!! So clever!!
Wonderful, wonderful!

Maria said...

Oh my gosh, Heather! Your card and your project are BEAUTIFUL! The colors, your coloring and wow, those beautiful mix of dps! Such a vibrant, happy card. Wow, how awesome that you altered that wood organizer. The image is perfect for it! I love the bright colors! Beautiful job with your coloring!! Good luck! I hope you make the team. I'm crossing my fingers for you!!

Maria

Tasha Hickert said...

Hey, these photographed pretty well! I like how you added the green behind the scalloped oval, that really sets it off. The whole card is cute. And I love the big paintbrushes on the altered holder.

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

What can I say.. Wow Heather these are awesome. Gorgeous colouring and you did a great job with the sketch, such a cute image. I am still keeping everything tightly crossed and Inky Impressions would be mad not to have you. Big Hugs, Nikki x

Kate Tanguay said...

Thanks so much for the nice comment on my blog. :) Your colors are fabulous! You colored the little girl so beautifully! :)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Hope you make the dt!! These projects are awesome Heather!! they would be crazy not to choose you!! Love your coloring and your use of the sketch!! Awesome!!

Naoual said...

Heather these are fabulous! I love the card you mad and the container is just gorgeous! I love the way you altered it and used the sketch on it, how clever are you!! Great job,

xx Naoual

Tanya said...

WOW, that is fancy! Love that little painting girl!

Michelle said...

Great job on your creations - I just love your brush holder! You are one talented lady!! Good luck on the 2nd stage - you deserve to move on with these gorgeous works of art!!

Mariska said...

These are both just wonderful Heather. I love those images, I've never seen them before but you are right, she is just gorgeous with her big eyes!! Love the card and the container is just a touch of brilliants, that image has just been made for that purpose I think. Gorgeous work as always sweetie!!

xxx
Mariska