Wednesday, March 11, 2009

When the World says Give Up, Hope says try it One more Time!!!! - My first Paper Make-Up Stampation, Plus an Insight into where we live - Kansas Life

"Keep on Trying - Don't Give Up!!"
Hi All,
.......
Bear with me I had so much to share today on several different topics!!! Funny stories to share and Mommy musings as well!!!
.......
Well recently I had a couple of days that I was feeling really down (I think I talked about it on here) anyway I do not normally feel the way that I was feeling those couple of days, and then I just happened to end up at Paper Make-Up Stamps Store and I came across this quote!!! It was just what I needed at the time because I found this "Quote" stamp, and I thought it said God instead of Hope when I ordered it, but I like it even with the Hope word.
.......
So today I wanted to both tryout this sketch and use my new stamps from Paper Make Up Stamps. I loved this sketch and although I am not a huge sketch person I think I will be using this one again!!!!
So Here is the Card I came up with for the above Sketch. I left out the Sentiment part since my Quote was really the image and the sentiment. I love these papers. I bought them last summer as they were getting ready to retire, and I am so so so so mad that I did not order more of this paper!!! If anyone out there reading this happens to have any of this SU Bali Breeze Paper that they are willing to part with I would love to buy it from you!!!! I love the patterns and the colors and the images on the DSP!! I want more!!!! It about killed me to use these papers on this card, but I guess I should use them if I love them, and since this card is really for me and will most likely be displayed some where in my Stamp/Scrap Book room then I guess it is O.K. to use my favorite papers!!!!
The paper pack is SU Bali Breeze, and The Colors in it are SU Rose Red, Pumpkin Pie, Taken with teal (which never ever photographs as pretty and as dark as it is in person!!!), and Old Olive. I changed up two of the colors of Card stock I matted the layers on to Purely Pomegranate, and Kiwi Kiss instead of Rose Red, and Old Olive.
I did all the Paper Piercing and Faux sewing with my tool kit, and my SU White Gel Pen. I love my White Gel Pen, and the brand SU sells is better than any I have ever found anywhere and I have bought quite a few!!!
I really wanted to make the quote POP out so I used Kiwi Kiss to matte the DSP with because KiWi Kiss is brighter and more vibrant than Old Olive. I distressed the edges of the Old Olive DSP with Whisper White Ink, and then I rounded the corners with my very favorite corner rounder of all times!!!! I bought this punch at Hobby Lobby about 8 years ago and it has no markings on it so I have no idea what company or the name of the punch!! Here is a close up of that gorgeous Rose Red DSP. Here is a close up of those pretty Primas these are my first Prima's ever. Last week I found some at my LSS which I have never been in before (do most of my shopping through SU, Hobby Lobby, or On line stores). I bought 3 different sets of them. That Teal flower does not photograph like it is in person either. I wonder if I scanned Taken with Teal if it would show up the Dark Teal color instead of the lighter almost Tempting Turquoise color that it always photographs!!! I love those Primas with the striped pattern in them. I can tell I am going to want to Hoard them!!!! I used SU Clear Rhinestone Brads in the Center of the Flowers.
Here is a close up of the other 3 papers. You have to look really close to see the pattern in the Pumpkin Pie DSP, but the White DSP is I think my very favorite pattern in the Pack next too the Rose Red pattern not sure which is my very very favorite!!! I love them all!!!! The only thing that really sucks about SU DSP is it is double sided and the papers on the other side are all pretty too, but you end up waisting one whole side!!!! I love how thick and sturdy SU DSP is though and the patterns are all great and I love how all the colors coordinate with all our CS colors too!!!
.......
O.K. O.K. enough about how much I love these papers!!!! Remember if you or someone you know has them please let me know and I will buy it!!!!
.......
Well today was another day just me and Tuck Man my one year old son. Piper and Willow are still at the Farm (3 hours away) with Grandma and Poppy Schlatter (Marvin's Parents). He is so much fun one on one, and I am really noticing things about him that I do not pick up on when I have Piper and Willow around there are just so many things you have to concentrate on when it is 1 mommy and 3 kiddo's!!! Plus our house stays pretty busy as after school I rarely do not have an extra neighbor kid around as well. He is such a busy boy it takes lots of energy to keep up with him. I used to think I wanted 4 kids (I have always wanted 4 ever since I was a little girl myself)
.......
Anyway I always wanted 2 girls and 2 boys. Well now I think I want 3 girls and 1 boy!!! Oh there is definitely a different bond between girls and Mommy's and boys and Mommy's there is something special you have with your boys that is different than with your girls, but they are so so so so much more work!!!
.......
My girls were always these quite little things they rarely tested me or defied what I told them, they played quietly and well with each other and by themselves!!!! They get along so good and rarely fight or are mean to each other!!! I could have tons of scrap booking supplies out and they would never ever bother any of it!!! They really love each other and love to pretend all day and go off and play their imaginary games they make up all day long!!!!
.......
Then there is my Little Tuck Man. He was a perfect baby slept 10 hours straight by 5 weeks old. Nursed every 3 hours instead of every 2 like Willow. He was the happiest baby and loved to be in his crib and asleep. Now he is quite the mischief maker!!! He is into everything and everywhere!!! He keeps me on my toes, and I can already see the stubborn streak shining through.
.......
The girls did what I said when I said it and their little hearts were broken if you had to spank, or raise your voice, well Tucker kind of looks at you and smiles as if to say are you going to come make me stop??? He is only 20 months old so I fear we are in for a wild time!!!
.......
So yep I now think I want the 4th baby when and if (hopefully) we get it to be a little girl named Shyllow. Then we will have Piper and Tucker and Willow and Shyllow!!!! Sounds good to me!!! However when they are all teen agers and Tucker is a laid back mild mannered teen boy and all the raging hormones of 3 girls are going through the house I might want to change my mind!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
.......
So here are some pictures of what happens when you are feeding the Baby boy a bowl full of Green beans and the phone rings and you have to run down stairs to get it and then you stop to gather up some supplies you want to bring up stairs for a card you are working on!!!
.......

I totally forgot to take the picture of the floor which was the real mess he had flung Green Bean juice everywhere!!! Below is part of our problem. A high chair should be one of the places you can safely set your little one and have them be contained and safe. Well not my Houdini/Climber (the girls never climbed on anything either!!!!) Hubby washed the High Chair cover once when we first got it back out to use for Tucker and he lost the straps to it so I can not strap him in (never needed them with the girls though!!!) Well as you see the High Chair is pushed very far away from the table because if it is close to the table he climbes out onto the Dinning Room table and immediately goes for whatever project or thing is on the table and loves to pour it out or mark on it ect.... Often my copics are on the table and those are some of his favorite things!!! Uggghhhh LOL.

.......

In all reality though as much mischief as he gets in he is such a happy little boy it is hard not to love him to pieces!!! LOL!!!!!!

Oh doesn't he look so sweet and innocent??? Don't let him fool you!!!! Now if you are wondering why he has a Halloween Sweat shirt on in March it is because he finally recently grew some and finally at 20 months outgrew his 12 month and 9 month clothes. Well it is still cold and winter here, and there are no winter 18 month clothes in any of the stores to be had!!! I went through all of the 18 month clothes friends have been nice enough to loan him as cute hand me downs, nope all summer or spring, or there are no 18 month clothes. So this sweat shirt fits and we wear on days we are just at home because it fits!!!! LOL!!!!!

My sweet innocent adorable Little Tuck Man!!!! I love his smile!!!

Crying here, not sure why I think because I had tried for about 5 minutes to get him to waive at the camera and he thought I should be getting him out of the chair!!!

........
So we have this great neighborhood. The kids are always at one house or another, which for us is great!!! We have one of those great 1950's neighborhoods where the kids all run all day between each others houses and the parents know they are save doing so!!! Our neighborhood although minutes from town has the feel of a country neighborhood. We have a heard of about 40 Turkeys that wander through our yards off and on, and we have lots of Frogs, and lizards around, and We have Deer that wonder the outskirts of our neighborhood and if I ever work a late shift at the hospital and come home around Midnight I have to drive really slow coming up on our street because there will be Deer on our street or right before it!!! All the lots in our neighborhood have to be at least 1 acre so though we can see them and walk there pretty fast none of the neighbors are on top of each other.
.......
Our house is a corner house and our house is set on the lot to where our front door faces the corner diagonally. Our Drive way is off to the side and is about 100 feet long. I feel like I am getting lots of exorcise just when I walk to the end of the drive way to get the mail!!! I would not have done it this way but because our house faces the corner on a diagonal then our front yard is HUGE like probably 3 or 4 times the size of most peoples back yard and yet we still have a very large backyard and side yards as well. Now Hubby does not like mowing it every week during mowing season it takes him about 1 1/2 hours to mow on a Riding Mower. The couple that built the house had the wonderful thought to put underground sprinklers on the whole lot. All of our soil out here is pure sand!!!! In fact the next door neighbor just set a side a portion of her backyard for her kids designated sand box and they just dig in the soil cause it is sand!!!! So without underground sprinklers you either have to work your bottom off very hard every day watering and moving the hose on the whole acre lot or you do not have a yard to speak of with any grass!!! So we are very fortunate to have the sprinklers. We have been told it would be about $8,000 just to put sprinklers in on an entire acre lot!!!! Glad we did not have that expense!!!
.......
Anyway Tasha (neighbor/friend/SU down line) has a daughter Grace who is 1 month older than Piper so they have been going back and forth and playing at each others houses since they were 3 years old!!!! They are so lucky to have each other!!!!
.......
O.K. I am done babbling on about where we live I wonder if anyone even actually read everything I just typed???? Pay attention there will be a pop quiz later in the week!!! LOL!!!!
Well have a Stampendous Thursday Everyone and I hope you get some stamping or whatever you might enjoy the most done!!!! Also do not forget to keep on trying for whatever you may desire!!!!!
.......
Heather

20 comments:

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Good morning Heather, im not sure how i came to be at your blog, but im glad i passed by. I have to say what a long post, but enjoyable too! i have 4 children, 3 boys 1 girl. I had mine the other way round though. Which may be why its different for me. My boys were great , none of them slept (one still doesn't) but they were so easy, they fought, but would then make up, they were never really disobedient, and played with each other all the time. Then i had my daughter, who is lovely, but so much harder work. Girls can be so mean to each other, and its not forgotten! i have to say i would have a dozen boys but not sure i would want more than one girl. Either way they grow up so quickly so make the most of them. Little tucker man looks so adorable, and i can see he has a cheeky smile!! I am totally jealous of where you live, its sounds perfect to me. I think ill ask hubby to emigrate!! Your post was very enjoyable and not boring in the slightest. I am glad you are feeling brighter, the quote stamp you brought is perfect. I am always up and down mood wise, so i know how you felt. Glad it doesn't happen to you often though. Well this has turned out to be a book too!! sorry! have a great day, hugs Linda x

Mariska said...

Hi sweetie,

Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. Hope you feel better now. Gorgeous card, love the saying you used and I did read you whole story so you didn't write it down for nothing :). And just to warn you.. not all little girls are like your little Piper and Willow. My Dyanne is bount to be as much of a handsfull as you little man. So be carefull what you wish for :). Have a great day sweetie!!

xxx
Mariska

Cindy said...

Thank you so much for your kind words on my blog. I came here to see your artwork....beautiful! And, what a beautiful family you have. I was never blessed with children so I missed all the green bean fun! :o) Please continue to share your artwork and your little ones exploits...I look forward to reading about them in the future. Let's visit often. Hugs, Cindy

jami {sgtStamper} said...

Well sweetie, as you know, I have 2 boys. No girls, but I did grow up with 2 sisters. While boys are rambunctious and full of energy as toddlers, I think they may be easier in their teens than girls....so hang in there!!

I hear ya on the sprinklers. Our yard in AZ is so dry we have rocks instead of grass, and cactus instead of bushes. Low maintenance for sure! We had 4.5 acres in VA that took us the whole day to mow and weed-eat, so I don't miss it a bit!

Love this quote, and you did an absolutely fantastic job framing it with all that faux stitching. Those primas are a perfect match for the SU papers!!

Christine said...

Great post today Heather!! I don't know how you do it with 3...I only have 2 and I find it very busy...lol...well they are 18 months apart so maybe that has something to do with it!! Love your card and the quote...I enjoy reading your blog daily :)

Cathy said...

Very pretty card. Love the colors! Hang in there, things will look up soon!!
Hugs,Cathy

Danni said...

I sure hope you continue to feel better!!
Love your card, such a bright, cheery one with an awesome quote!
Your little man is so adorable. I giggle as I am the opposite, I'd take another boy anyday, my Belle gives me a run for my money!! Gotta love them though! At least they have personality right?
Hugs!!

Kimmie0270 said...

What a beautiful card. Your work always amazing me. Just when I think it can't get any better it does.

Your high chair looks like mine. But I can't ever seem to get it to look 100% clean. It drives me nuts.

I would love to have a 3rd - though DH isn't in agreement with me. I have 2 little darling boys so I would love a little girl as well, though I'd take another boy any day as well, ya know?

Summerthyme Studio said...

Very Pretty Heather! So bright and cheery and I love it!

Hugs,

Vicki

the whimsical butterfly said...

Girlie you crack me up! OMG Tucker had a GOOD time, huh? LOL. Too cute!

Love that quote and so very true...I wish you the best of luck always and hope we get to talk soon...I can't believe you guys called me and I didn't hear it! BUM DEAL man!

I love that ASFOS sketch btw...gotta try it out! Beautiful Dp btw that is a bummer that you can't get it anymore? Is it SU?

Christi said...

I love your card but the pics of your little man totally steal the show! He's adorable!!!

Sandra MacLean said...

Oh I am liking this card very much.....even if it doesn't have any brown in it!! Hahaha You boy sounds very much like my little girl. She slept through the night at 8 weeks old, but then she scaled her changing table at 9 months old and hasn't slowed down since! Maybe I'll have a quiet kid when she hits her teens.....nah! Who am I kidding!?! I feel your pain Heather. I really do.

Cassie said...

oh isn't this perfect!!! i just adore, adore it heather!!

i came by to tell you to be extra careful at jacquie's blog - she has not just 1 card with brown - but 4!! you can't see it much as it's the base. But I love you and want to keep you safe and healthy!!!

Clare said...

Thank you for visiting my blog. Your blog is tremendous. I adore how you have snowflakes falling. How DO you do that? I am now a follower!

Paula said...

Maybe you are pregnant!

Maria said...

Hi Heather! I'm sorry you haven't been feeling yourself. . .I hope things cheer up a bit!

Awww, Tucker sounds like a handful but his smile can melt any irritation away. I have only 2 kids but my daughter was the hyper crazy one. She was a nutty but happy kid. She had so much energy. . .and she would talk really fast, yell, laugh out loud, run around but it's so weird. . .she mellowed out big time as she grew older. She still laughs out loud and is happy and cheery but there's very little of her old hyper self. I think Tucker is just at a stage and will mellow out too. . .or maybe not. . :)

A good idea is place plastic on the floor under his chair and let Tucker mess up his area . . all you need to do is gather up the plastic when he is done. . .:) Also remove his shirt and just have him wear his pants. . .that way he can get messy on himself and not his clothes. LOL!

Your card is so pretty. Funny, I have the same reaction with the SU DSP. . .I hoard them and it hurts to cut them knowing if they run out I no longer can buy them. I love the pretty colors of your card. . .it's such a happy looking card!! Beautiful job on the sketch!!

Jodi said...

That is so funny Heather!! You are right, we did do the same challenge and posted the same day. How cool is that! =)
Love the colors on your card, its bright and cheerful!
Hugs,
Jodi=)

Janna said...

So I read every word you typed!!! I just love how much you shared. Really lets people know who you are are where you come from and why you do what you do! I have to say I just love your card! Those papers are fantastic and the setniment is wonderful. It is amazing how a sentiment or a stamp can come just at the right moment! It is definitely fate!! And those papers are divine and work so well with that sketch!! Amazing! I can see why you would horde them!! LOL!

How adorable is Tucker!!! I know that that is probably not what you were thinking when you saw the mess, but seriously he is adorable! i can't believe how much he has changed since the 1 year picture on your side bar! Like they say boys are hard until about 4th grade and then you want all boys!! LOL! He certainly keeps you on your toes!

How great is it that you get to live in such a great neighborhood. The kids will definitely look back on that and feel blessed! And you are so lucky to have the sprinkler system. that would be awesome! So so love it!

Smiles,
janna

Jackie said...

LOL! I did read your whole post and have to disagree on one thing.

I have 2 boys and 1 girl...my boys were a lot easier than my lil' girl. Bianca has calmed down quite a bit but she will always *try you* if you KWIM!! My boys are laid back & relaxed...she's the drama queen and feels that since she's so cute, she should always get her way!!!

I would love to have another baby and we're quite sure it would be another girl & be the total opposite of her big sister! That would be a RIOT!!!

Love your card and the sketch...that one's on my list. I need to get crackin' on my swaps for Monday though so not sure if I'll have the time but I'm hoping I will!!

Tanya said...

This is a really nice card too, and great use of that quote.

However, I (like others!) disagree on the boy being harder! I do think my daughter is more challenging becuase she has the example of a big brother, but he was TONS easier!!! In almost every way, almost from day one. If I had to pick only one kind I'd have to go with boys.

But I adore my girl too. I think its that girly-bond that makes her more difficult...she thinks she can do EVERYTHING I can do.