Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A Wedded Bliss Twinkling Tuesday - Sometimes Life Gets in the Way! LOL!!!!

"Happily Ever After,
.......
Twinkling Together"
Happy Tuesday Everyone,
........
I know this is a late post and not many people will see it, but I wanted to put up my Twinkling Tuesday Sketch Challenge. Today we have a guest Twinkie our Twinkling DT Members Rebecca's son. The challenge this week was a picture of Mickie and Minnie Mouse Minnie was dressed in a wedding dress.
.......
.......
There was a story that went along with it if you want to read the whole thing you can go to our Twinkling Blog here. The jest of the story was Minnie Met Mickie dressed in his Forest Ranger outfit and he rescued her and they fell in love and on their wedding day he could not wear the tuxedo as it was the wrong size so he showed up to the church in his Ranger outfit. Minnie did not care because that is what he was wearing when she fell in love with him!!!!
.......
So I had several ideas but one friend said I should use the Hero and Wedding set from The Greeting Farm. She suggested some different wedding decorations, but I thought I could make the card background look like a church Stained Glass Window. So I drew shapes and colored them in with my copics and then I outlined them in black and stamped the cross and the round Heart symbol from my Shepard Boy Greeting Farm set in white on the stained glass window.
.......
I popped up the Bride and Groom with excess foam and that is about it. I liked how the stained glass turned out though and the Hero was super fun to color up!!!
.......
As for the life gets in the way part. Yesterday I had to have a bunch of Dental Work done and was so exhausted after wards I took a long nap, and then in the evening I was not feeling so hot with the tooth pain, plus I had to do some rush work to send in my Nursing Licence Renewal Form because the site was down for 12 days and then when it came back up it would not recognize my info. So anyway that took over my day yesterday and there was no time to do my Twinkling Card. This morning I played with the kids because they do come first and then once they were down for naps I got to work on my Twinkling Card. I hope you enjoy my take on the Challenge this week!!!!! Do not forget to see all the other Twinkling Girls takes we all had very different idea's this week!!!
.......
The "Twinkle Team"
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
........
.......
.......
.......
.......
I will be back tomorrow for Flutter By Wednesday!!! Our Challenge this week was to use Butterfly's and no Patterned Paper. I love those challenges as Patterned Paper is not always on my cards!!!! It was fun to do!!!
.......
Have a Stampendous Tuesday and I will see you tomorrow!!!
.......
Heather

20 comments:

Danni said...

Wow! This is so creative!! You go girl!! Love it!
Sorry you had to have dental work, ick!! Hugs!
Can't wait to see your flutter by card!

Emily said...

This is really cute, I love the colors and coloring :P,What a great idea...;) I hope you are feeling better! I will call you tomorrow, what are you plans???

Kimmie0270 said...

And they lived happily ever after! Great card. What's going on with you lately? What's new? :)

eggette said...

Oh my word!! that is the perfect stamps to use on this challenge!! I love your choice and your colours ROCK!!

jami {sgtStamper} said...

EEEEK! I LOVE it!!!! I just love the Anya bride kissing her hero! And that stained glass is ingenious!!! Your creativity amazes me girl!

Hope your tooth is feeling better today!! {Hugs}

Jacquie said...

Heather!!!!
This is PERECT!!! I LOVE it!!! You are SO creative!!! Hope you had an AWESOME birthday!!! Did you get my singing Happy Birthday to you?? So SORRY though, that you had to go thru LOVELY dental work!!!! YUCK!!!! HOpe you feel better!!! Have a GREAT night!!!

Jacquie/Javablustamper

Jodi said...

Very creative and so cute!! What a wonderful idea!!
Great job!
Hugs,
Jodi =)

Heather said...

This is awesome! I love the stained glass looking background and the Anya/Ian images are colored so nicely! Great job!

Kim said...

WOW!!! Amazing card. Beautiful colors. You did such a nice job!

Cassie said...

that stained glass is amazing heather!! really great look! hope you and your teeth are feeling better!

Cathy said...

This is so awesome!! I love it!! So sweet and colorful!!

Hugs, Cathy

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Awesome card Heather!! Love the stained glass look! So creative! Your coloring is beautiful!! Fab creation! I hope you are feeling better. I just recently had a root canal and cap done so I feel for you!

Have a great day!!

Cindy said...

As always, your cards are so cute. :o) I hope you're feeling better!

Carolyn Bounds said...

I love, love, love your take on the challenge!!!! Now that I am a mom of a soldier, this card is right up my alley...especially since he and his fiancee are discussing marriage within a year:o)

You always create the most amazing things!!! I am so happy I had the opportunity to stop by and admire your beautiful work!!!

Hugs!
Carolyn

Tanya said...

I think this is so sweet! the stained glass background turned out very cool.

Regina said...

Oh, this images is so cute! Those are great colours together.
have a lovely day! Regina

Rebecca Ednie said...

You are so right; all of the cards have been SOOOOO different this week.What a neat background. great take on the challenge!

Jameson said...

I love the bright colours and the bride!

Janna said...

Heather! I am so glad to hear that your dental work is over with! That must be a relief! I am glad you got to take a nap! You definitely needed it.

This card is beautiful!! I love your take on the sketch. So much fun! Your coloring is beautiful and I adore the way you came up with a stained glass window! Genius! So well executed!

Smiles,
janna

Darla said...

Heather - this is so colorful and fun! It really reminds me of a mosaic and stained glass windows at a church. Great job on the sketch. It's fun to see everyone's different ideas of the Minnie and Mickey romance. The bride and groom are so cute too! Great job!