Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Twinkling Tuesday's, Oh That is where it went, and the wind made my head hurt!!! Plus a shout out for The New Incy Wincy Childrens Charities!

An Incy, Wincy, Lots of Boxes,
.......
Very, Very Windy
.......
Twinkling Easter
Good Morning!!!!
.......
Well you may be wondering where I have been the last few days and I have pictures later in this post to show you!!!!
.......
My first order of business today is to share my Twinkling Tuesday Card with you!!! Don't you just love Tuesdays??? Today we have a temporary Twinkie, one of our Friends of the Twinling Tuesdays Sketch has a 9 year old daughter named Brittany and she made us our wonderful sketch for this week!!!!! Cathy her Mommy is also quite talented and creative on her own projects so don't forget to stop by her blog and see what she came up with for the sketch too!!!
........
So here is today's sketch. I knew when I saw it I wanted to do up an Easter Card!!!

.......

So for my card I took my new Easter Anya from The Greeting Farm. Easter Anya was released last week and she is an all Digi Stamp. I have no printer right now it has gone berserk and so one of my friends happened to bring this over for me to color up. Thank you Emily!!!

.......

I colored Easter Anya up with my copics and then cut her out and attached her to some Textured lavender lace card stock which I had already cut out with my Scallop Circle Nesties. Behind that I had cut out textured elegant eggplant card stock with my labels one nesties. Each layer is popped up from the last with excess foam from my stamps. The Easter Egg Paper I got out of my stash because I thought it would be cute with this card. I used some of my yummy Green Organza ribbon with the flowers coming off of it and then used 4 SU Fire and Ice Rhinestone brads for the embellies on the sketch.

.......

Here is a close up of Easter Anya.

Now for my next order of Business LOL!!!

.......
As to where I have been, Well I knew I would not be able to post on Sunday as we just had our Huge SU workshops on Saturday night and on Monday I still had no no no Mo Jo!!! I kept thinking in my head to a tune, Oh Where oh Where did my Mo Jo Go??
My Mo Jo has Go Go!!! LOL.
.......
Then before I went to unload my car from Saturday's Workshops I decided to take some pictures of it before I unloaded it!!! It literally took me over an hour to carry all of these boxes up from my scrapbook/stamping area down stairs to take them to the car and load them, and Hubby was not home so it was all me!!!! Thankfully my great friend/neighbor/SU down line Tasha offered to come help me unload them and take them back down stairs to my room and adjoining area. Oh my word I do not have a clue how long it it going to take me to get all of these boxes but away!!!! As I only have a few minutes here and there with the Kiddo's underfoot!!!!
.......
So I guess loading and unloading and packing and preparing and being at the workshop venue for about 8 hours and all the rest took my MO JO away!!!! Can you imagine that???
.......

Above is the back end of my Van with the back seats down under the floor and the two car seats in the middle of the Van also have boxes in them and so does the front passenger seat as well!!!! There was just layer after layer of boxes of supplies, and remember although I had the most I had to drag with me Emily and Tasha also had several big tubs of supplies they brought as well!!!.

........
Part of this amount is because originally we only had 50 plus Cards, and Complete an entire Scrapbook on one night workshops were supposed to be on separate nights, but a few people could not come or wanted to come finish their cards too so we had to take all the supplies to both workshops. So thus these pictures!!!! LOL!!!!!
.......
In this picture in front of the big red tub in the left center of the picture are Emily and Tasha. Emily has the grey sweat shirt jacket on, and Tasha has the Pink shirt with the green hooded jacket on she is directly behind the red tub.
Here are some of the girls working on the Babies and Kids Events Scrapbook kit we have. We have 3 different Kits made up they can choose from Baby and Kids Events, Holidays and Seasons All Year Long, and Family and Friends. Each kit has 12 two page layouts in it. There were 3 people doing each kit this time around.
Here is the last picture. I should have cropped it up more so you could see it closer, but to the left are all the scrapbookers and many of our supplies and off to the right behind Emily you can see the orange chair on the edge of the picture were the card makers.
Last order of Business. Several of you might know who Heather "Hev" from Vanilla Hevin Blog is. She is from Australia, and has a great stamping blog. Her Brother and some friends and Heather have started a new Children's Charity called Incy Wincy Childrens Charities. She asked me to make a card with some of the great Digital Stamps that they sell to benefit the charity. Unfortunately my Printer has been out of commission for several months now. Hubby just gave me the O.K. last week to start researching them and to find what I want to replace the old one. Just goes to show that Generic Ink is not great for Epson Printers I will never do that to my printer again!!!!!! I have never had a Printer that did as great quality as it, and I have had several brands from HP to Cannon, but I love my Epson!!!!! I am so sad I killed it!!! (Hubby wanted me to use the generic ink and I finally gave in, and it died!!!!
.......
Any Hoo I have not had the ability to print off the digi images that Heather sent me so I had been waiting to make the card for her. It has taken so long that I decided I was going to talk about the Charity and share the link and I will still make a card later with her great images!!!!
........
So I hope you can go check out this charity they have and see the digi images they are selling to benefit the kiddo's in Australia!!!!
.......
O.K. it has taken me way to long to post this now so I am off to play with the kiddo's now.
.......
I was just so tired last night to stay up an post it, and I should have because I knew if I did not post it before I went to bed it would be a late post with our morning activities. I should have gone with my first instincts!!!!
.......
And the Winds Howled and Howled and we lost power 20 times!!!
.......
Yesterday the winds in Hutchinson were well over 50 miles an hour our house howled all day and we lost power at least 20 times during the day!!!! I had the worst worst headache by the time Hubby got home from work.
.......
Mostly probably from all the wind blowing walls of allergens and dust all over plus the sound of the howling all day long!!!!! We always have wind here like 999 days a year (no kidding!!), but it is not usually that bad quite that bad!!! They call Chicago the Windy city, but weather reporters say the wind is actually worse here!!!! I have been to Chicago and can attest to that fact!!!!!
.......
That is part of why I do not get out much because the wind blows all the time and causes my allergies to act up!!!! Yesterday was particularly bad though. 50 miles an hour broke The wood barrier on our back fence gate twice (literally snapped wood in half!!!!) , and sent huge trash cans flying across the neighborhood it was bad!!!!!! Of cource it happened on a day when I had to take and pick up Willow from Pre-School and Take Willow and Tucker to the Mall to get Tucker's Pictures done!!!! It was not such a fun day!!!!
.........
Today is much better no Headache and a lot less wind!!!! Yea!!!!!!
.......
Well Have a Stampendous Tuesday and don't forget to go visit the other Twinkling Team members in my side bar plus Cathy's blog to see all the great creations with Brittany's wonderful sketch!!!!
.......
Heather

18 comments:

Danni said...

You are just so busy!! Wow, lots of goodies in your van! Can I come play?
Very cute card! Love the paper you used! So fun!!

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Oh she is just so cute Heather and your card is so pretty, gorgeous colouring, Wish I could come and play too.. I'd love to meet you! Big Hugs, Nikki x

Emily said...

I love the card...I'm sorry to hear that you had such a bad day!!! Was the trash empty??? I hope...I also love the colors and bg paper, man I really need some more paper!!! I will try and call you tonight but it's Zoomba, american idol, and I need to see Marcee...but I hope I can talk you...I'm going through with drawls..got to go :P

Christi said...

Love all the pics and your card is gorgeous!!!!

Janna said...

This is just adorable Heather!!! I love the way you colored in your Anya and the great paper and layout! so creative the way you used your nesties and brads! I can't believe that stuff you had to bring that is amazing!!! You guys really work hard for your classes but it looks like everyone had a nice time and you had a great space to work in. Sorry to hear about your headache yesterday. That sucks. I think you wind is hear though today. it is blowing something fierce here now. I am glad I don't live out by you. Don't think my sinuses could handle that! Oh and I can't wait to see Tuckers pictures. i be they are adorable!!

sMiles,
janna

Jodi said...

Very cute card and well colored image!! Would love to meet you in person!
Hugs,
Jodi =)

eggette said...

Wow girl!! That is a LOT of packing - I wish I could come and play too! haha! Your little popped up Anya is so sweet! I can't believe the basket is brown though.........

Summerthyme Studio said...

WOW! That's a van full Heather....love the DP on your card! Cute!!!!

Michelle said...

Heather - your card is adorable! Gotta love Anya images and the egg DP is perfect! I love the purple too - great color choice, LOL!

Your stamping night looks like fun even if it was a lot of stuff to haul.

I know what you mean about the wind. We lost some shingles but not power thank goodness as then I would have had to worry about potential flooding in my basement. We so need to get a battery back up pump for the basement :)

Glad you are feeling better and that the headache is gone - those are the worse. You just can't seem to do anything with that pain!!

Michelle

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow! You are busy!!! Your card is fabulous!! Love the dp, your beautiful coloring and your bright colors!! Gorgeous Easter card!!

Tenia Nelson said...

Great card!! Looks like you had tons of fun!!! Hope you are well...
-t

Sandra MacLean said...

Heather, that stamping get together looks like it was a lot of fun! There are some of those around here, but the women here are quiet and it's like going to the library to scrapbook! How fun is that? Not that fun.

I purposely gave you a break today from the chocolate so you could rest your body from last week's bombardment. :) We REALLY do like you Heather! :D

Cassie said...

you did such a great job with this sketch heather!! i am in awe of how you were able to use that big, bold background paper!!

sounds like the event was tons of fun!! I wonder how far you are from Liberal or Wichita?

Regina said...

Your Eastern card is totally adorable! The background paper is a great idea!
Your are always so busy!!!! Great that you and your friends can give together workshops.
have a wonderful day
Regina

Heather said...

Great job with this sketch! Your card is totally adorable!!!! Great coloring!

Heather "Hev" said...

Oh darn!! I did reply and it didnt go through!! Sorry Heather!!

THANK YOU so much for spreading the word - much appreciated!! Sorry I never realised about your printer.

Looks like you had lots of fun at the meeting - I bet a lot of ladies are so happy to have taken it with you all.

Have a wonderful day and thankyou once again!!

HUGS!!!

Maria said...

Hey girl!! Sorry I haven't visited for a few days. Life is kicking my butt right now!! LOL!!

Your Anya card is so stinkin' adorable. . .love all the pretty colors! You have a way of making your cards so bright and happy looking and this card is no exception! Beautiful job as always!

Wow, your van is packed with stuff! Looks like a lot of work loading and unloading. So much preparation!! I can't do that. . .I'm too disorganized! LOL!!

Looks like everyone had a fun time stampin and creating!!

Maria

Rebecca Ednie said...

What pretty colours and I love the different coloured rhinestone brads! sorry I didn't leave this comment last week!