Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Twinkling Tuesdays Color Challenge Day - Happy St. Patricks Day!!!

"A Magical Holiday"
Hi All!!!!!,
.......
Happy St. Patricks Day!
.......
Well how are you today??? Today is Twinkling Tuesday!!!! Woo Hoo one of my favorite Creating days!!!! I have the huge honor of being on 9 year old Madelynn's Twinkling Tuesday's Sketch Challenge Design Team. The girls on this team are a riot and so much fun to work with!!!! One of our team members Taylor Ursy is leaving the team, but today her young daughter Ava Grace is our "Temporary Twinkie" and she issued a color challenge for us. SU colors Garden Green, Close to Co Coa and Whisper White.
.......
O.K. so you all know about my Severe Allergy to Brown and how detrimental it is to my health for me to be around it or see it!!!! Today is going to be hard as I have to go out and see all the Twinkling Girls posts and see what wonderful ???????? Creations they have made in Brown????
.......
I got really creative with my bro-- you will notice that I used my close to co co on the very edge of my card I took my close to co coa marker and edged the Kraft Paper with it. Kraft is about as close to brown as I care to get!!!! LOL!!!!
.......
Hey I did color one of my Fairy's Hair up in some browns!!!! LOL!!!!
.......
Well since today is St. Patricks Day I decided to go with the Magical Fun Theme and use my Greeting Farm Fairy's on my card. Below you can see how I colored them up it did not show on the actual card very well when I took the pictures, but I had this scanned image I shared a couple of Saturday's ago on an Etsy Inspired Post.
.......
By the way did any of you have visits from any pesky Leprechaun's last night??? Last year when Piper was in Kindergarten the K teachers all had the kids build Leprechaun traps to see if they caught any. Well Piper caught several Leprechaun shadow's in her trap ( The Leprechaun stamp from my SU set Pinch Proof) So this year that Pesky Leprechaun came back we set a trap for him last night and we caught 3 Leprechaun shadow's in our trap and he left a trail of money and green glitter all the way from the trap out our back door. He must have been scared by something and run away fast because the trail of money and green glitter was pretty messy!!! LOL!!!
.......
So Above are my 3 Greeting Farm Fairy's colored up with my Copics on Neenah paper.
Here is my Twinkling Card going form Ava Grace's Color inspiration, Garden Green, Whisper White and Close to Coco. Can you see my Close to Co Coa edge on the Kraft card back???
.......
Also notice in the lower left corner the grease mark and the white smudge from where Tucker helped me make this card!!!

It is not showing up very well but I took this picture to show off the Angel Wings Shimmerz I painted on the Fairy's Wings. I drew the lines with my white Gel Pen to look like motion from their flying around!!!
......
I stamped up the Tree from my SU stamp set, and then punched out the flowers on Whisper White, and two DSP's it is an SU punch I can not think of the name right now, but it uses the three flower punch. The Tree was stamped on the Garden Green with the whisper White Craft Ink and then embossed in SU White glossy embossing powder.
.......
Below I am sharing some pictures of the kids and Daddy. Marvin took Tucker out to work on the Garden on Sunday and he cinched up one of his own Ball caps and put it on Tucker. So the picture below show Tucker and Daddy in Daddy's Ball Caps, and it also shows Tucker in his little Work Boots just like Daddy's work boots.

Tucker and Daddy after gardening together.

Tucker in Daddy's Ball Cap and his own little work boots.

Tucker and Daddy

Our Willow Tree.

Tucker with Daddy's Cap

Tucker and Willow Hugging!!!

O.K. I am so far behind on seeing all my favorite blogs and I have some DT cards to get done too so I better get cracking!!! I hope you enjoy my magical Fairy card!!!

.......

Oh lastly I just realized today is my 6 month Blog-o-versery!!!! I started my blog on September 17th 2008. Well have a stampendous St. Patricks Day!!!!

........

Oh and Don't forget to check out all the other Twinkling Girls wonderful creations this week!!!!

.......

The "Twinkle Team"

Bonnie Sharp

.......

Cassie Larson

.......

Christi Thorsen

.......

Danni Bindel

.......

Debbie Lee

.......

Jacquie Peifer

.......

Jami Bova

.......

Janna Hull

.......

Jennifer Greco

.......

Jessica Diedrich

.......

Kim Ross

.......

Kimmie Doktor

.......

Rebecca Ednie

.......

Sandra McLean

.......

Darla

.......

Heather

28 comments:

Cassie said...

This is super cute!! I hope you aren't too sick from having to use the C2C marker --- maybe you need to rest for a bit???? *grin*

Seriously though - it rocks!! I love the fairies in green! I love the flowers on the tree!! I ADORE - oh my gosh - there aren't words to describe how much I ADORE that trim at the top! And how did you do that grass???? At the bottom? Turned out great!!

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Good evening hunny. I love the cards you've made here they are stunning and what gorgeous photos of your girls and hubby, lovely to see them all so happy ! hugs Linda x

Andrea said...

Great card!! The little darling kiddos are fun to see too!

the whimsical butterfly said...

Oh you are freakin' hilarious, girl! Could you have SPARED the brown in this card??? LOL!!!! I love you, girlie, you know I do!!!

This is too cute! Love the fairies cut out around the tree! And hey, you got a little bit of pink in there like I did :D Great minds think alike girlie!

Love it!

Margie said...

LOL! Adorable card! I love all your coloring! Great job!
TFS your fam pics - they are all so sweet :)
Happy St. Patty's Day!

Christi said...

How sweet! I love the cards and the pics of your family! You have such a gorgeous fam!!

Debby said...

Okay. a couple of things. Your card is cute cute cute and your coloring is fabulous. You're family is very sweet and you are all so cute! and Happy Blogaversary!

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Wow, your card is fabulous even with Tucker's help ;-) I love the cute fairies and your gorgeous colouring Heather, The little tree is so sweet and love how you have decorated it. Gorgeous photo's of your beautiful family too, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Jodi said...

This is so darn cute!! I love how you colored your fairies!! =)
Hugs,
Jodi =)

Jackie said...

I love coming to your blog Heather! Your photos of your kiddos are always so awesome and make me smile!!!

Love your card! Those fairies are adorable and I really like how your card came out!

What's neenah white paper? Never heard of it....
Hugs,
Jackie

jami {sgtStamper} said...

I loved those fairies when you showed them before, but they look even better fluttering around that flower tree!! Glad you survived your contact with Brown!!

Tuckman is too cute in his workboots and hat!!

Hugs!!

Sandra MacLean said...

Well done Heather!! Just a smidge of bro**! You are mastering those copics very well. I love how you colored the fairies in. And I love reading the stories about your kids! A leprachaun trap - what an awesome idea! I need to remember that next year for Syd. She'd love it! Thank you for being a good sport Heather!

Danni said...

You are just such a good sport in all this bro-- talk!!
Love your card! Way too cute!!

Emily said...

very cute heather, love the colors ;)..call me tomorrow so we can make make our plans solid!!! p.s. that is an awesome pic of the boys...it would be better cropped of just their faces!!!

Darla said...

Hey, you did a great job adding as little brown as possible! It is a cute card-I love the fairies by the tree. Great coloring. I love the shimmery wings! Your kids are SO adorable!

Ashley said...

Super cute Heather! I was afraid for you for a bit there but I'm glad to see you made it through!

Michelle said...

Hi Heather! Your card is awesome - it's true you really don't like brown, huh? Funny I didn't either and now it seems to be all I used! I don't use Kraft though - just can't. I like what others do with it but whenever I use it I think it looks like poop! I just can't use it!

Happy Blog-o-versery!! 6 full months - way to go! I started my blog in September too. Who knows maybe it's my 6 month too! :)

Love the pics of the family - they look like a handsome bunch filled with so much love & joy!!

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

Oh My Heck are these the cutest fairies!!! I'm totally ordering some......I keep saying that, but after seeing this card.......it's for SURE!!! And what precious photos!!!! They are just darling!! I sooo miss those ages of the kiddos!!!!

eggette said...

Seriously CUTE! Love all those beautifully colours fairies twittering around!! and wonderfully springlike!!

Maria said...

Hey Heather! Okay those fairies are the cutest! You did such a beautiful job coloring them .. so colorful and so pretty.

I love all the beautiful pics of your kids and husband. You have such a beautiful family. I especially the last photo of your kids hugging. Such a cute picture!!

Maria

Tanya said...

Hee hee hee, you crack me up. I felt that way about brown when I was little. EVERYTHING was brown! Our carpet, furniture, wood panelled walls, so many things. Blah!!!
This is a really cute card tho, and you sound like such a fun mom! My girl has pnuemonia so we sort of missed St patricks day this year. Maybe next week... lol!

WickedPixie said...

Really sweet card! Your allergy to brown is so funny! I love everything with brown!

I loved your leprechaun story! We had that Leprechaun trap in our house a few years ago and I wish I had been that clever!

Tasha Hickert said...

Hey, guessed I missed this when I was on blog-leave the past couple days! The fairies are cute. And I like the tree with the flowers on it--reminds me of Lucky Charms cereal which makes your card "magically delicious". ;)

Tasha Hickert said...

Okay, I keep forgetting to say that I like the new pictures on your side bar.

Rebecca Ednie said...

Ooooh, you used brown! Are you feeling crappy now? Hehe LOL! It is a really cute card. The fairies are coloured so well!

gracieb said...

The fairies are so adorable (and so are your kids!)! I love the colors and the flowers on the tree! TFS!

~ gracie

Summerthyme Studio said...

I love the pictures of your Family Heather..........feels like I really know you and your children are just so precious!!!!!!


Vicki

Janna said...

I dont' think this card qualifies! there is not enough brown on it1 LOL! Just kidding it is adorable and I am so proud of you that you worked through your allergy and was able to create this stunning card1 You colored those fairies so beautifully! They are just amazing and I love, love, love the way you put them around the tree! So cute and perfect for St. patty's day. I love the story about the girls and the leprechaun. he is definitely a sneaky little one. Sounds like he almost got caught.

Those pictures of Marvin and Tucker though are priceless! How cute!!! He looks just like his daddy! So adorable and I love the picture of willow and the one of the two of them together! What a great group of kids you have!

Smiles,
janna