Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Twinkling Tuesday Time with Madelynn!!!

Bunny Hop with Madelynn
Hi All,
.......
Well good morning!!!! It is once again time for Twinkling Tuesday Time with another one of Miss 8 year old Madelynn's wonderful sketches for us DT members to share with you!!! I so enjoy being a member of Madelynn's Design Team all of the Team members are so encouraging and fun to work with!!! Madelynn is very talented and it is fun to get to do her sketches each week!!!! If you play along with us remember to leave a link on the Twinkling Tuesday Blog and or on Madelynn's Mommies Blog Jessica from the Whimsical Butterfly Blog!!!! Upload your creations to PCP or SCS with tag/keyword MTTSC12.
........
Our first order of business this week is to Welcome Darla our newest Team Member to our Twinkling Tuesday Design Team!!!! Welcome Darla!!!!! I popped by Darla's blog yesterday and she already had her sketch up on Monday and she did a great job!!!! Darla has a new blog so be sure to hop by and show her some love and welcome her into our wings!!!!!!
.......
Well Madelynn was rather easy on us this week, and I hardly feel I did the sketch justice I think I may have made it too easy, but I did enjoy the sketch so much!!! Here is Madelynn's great Sketch can you believe it is her 12th one??? Wow Girl you Rock!!!!
.......
As I have yet to receive my Oval Nesties I ordered over a month ago I choose to use a Circle Nestie for my Image to be on. I inked up my very first Paper Pretties Image Sophia "Bunny Hop" Paper Pretties images are so so cute and life like and she was fun to color in with my copics.
.......
Sophia only fit on the largest nestie so to give it that feeling of matting the image as the sketch shows I outlined the embossed part of the Nestie and then colored int he outer part of the embossed section with my card colors. I used so yummy DSP from SU and the colors Pretty in Pink, Pixie Pink, and Sage Shadow for this card. I also did up the corners with my SU punches the Heart corner punch, and the ticket corner punch also.
I punched out the Sentiment with the Round tab SU punch too!!! I popped the Scalloped Circle Nestie up with excess foam and rubber from my stamps.
.......
I hope you enjoy my take on the sketch she was fun to put to paper!!!!
.......
Now I have one other Twinkling Tuesday related item I have to share. A few weeks ago Madelynn was kind enough to ask Piper to be her first "Temporary Twinkie" Guest Designer. Piper was over the moon and had so much fun making up her first sketch and seeing what everyone did with it!!!!
......
Well Friday was Piper's 7th Birthday and in the mail she received this wonderful homemade pillow from my Mom. She loved it as it was in her favorite color Purple!!!!! Later that day my Mom called to tell her Happy Birthday and she said did Piper realize right away it was her design????? Her Design I though???? What did she mean???? She said yes I made the Pillow off of Piper's First Sketch that was on the Blog!!!!! Oh my I went to get the pillow and sure enough it was Piper's sketch and on the back of the Pillow she had hand sewn the sketch right on the Pillow!!!!! It was so so cool that she had thought to do that and it will make Piper's first Card sketch a Memory she can always treasure and always have near her too!!! Piper was so excited when she realized it and wanted me to share pictures of the Pillow my mom Grandma Nita made her with her own Card Sketch. So see you can do all sorts of things with these kids sketches!!!!
The Wood Pieces Say Piper, Elizabeth, Schlatter, February, 27th, 2009, and are meant to be the hearts on Pipers Sketch. They can be taken off for the Pillow to be washed and then reaplied with two whip stiches. The Heart in the center is a pocket on the pillow!!! How cool is this for a take on a sketch???
.......
........
.......
If you know a child or have your own who is crafty let Jess know and they to can be part of the new Temporary Twinkie program Madelynn is kind enough to let the kids play along in on Twinkling Tuesdays once a month!!!! I know it is an experience Piper will never forget now!!!!
........
Be sure to check out all the other Twinkle girls wonderful creations for Madelynn's awesome sketch this week and check out Madelynn's Blog too!!! Have a great Tuesday and we hope to see your Twinkle Card too!!!
.......
The "Twinkle Team"
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......

.......

So go check out all the other Twinkle girls wonderful creations for Madelynn's awesome sketch this week All the links are above and off to the right!!!! They always have amazing creations for us to see each Tuesday!!!! I did tell Sandra that I was going to tell everyone to go see all the creations this week except for any that contained any brown in them. (You know I am allergic to Brown!!!!) Severe Allergy it is really bad!!!! She promised me she would not use brown today!!!! LOL!!!!!

.......
.......

Have a Stampendous Tuesday!!!!!!!!

.......

Heather

20 comments:

Cathy said...

Heather, this is a great card. I love, love, love that image!!! So cute!! Great job with the sketch!

Hugs, Cathy

Janna said...

Heather this is the cutest card ever!!!! I don't think it is too simple at all! I love the DP and the way you used the ticket punch! That is the coolest idea!!! Simply amazing!!! I love the decorative corner punches as well and that Sophie is too, too cute! You colored her in perfectly!!

OMG!!!!! Piper's pillow is even more beautiful than I thought!!! Wow! I just can't believe it! That is so wonderful of your mom to do that! I am sure Piper will treasure it for years to come! and the sketch was amazing! I can't wait to see what she comes up with next!

Lots of hugs and smiles,
janna

Danni said...

Super,super cute! Love the paper and how clever on the nestie to outline and color, I realy thought you had a mat there!
So nice!!
And wow, that pillow is beyond amazing!! Too cool!!

Cassie said...

This is my favorite sophia i think and you just made her adorable! Love the way you did the corner accents too!

Regina said...

hi Heather
as always your working is amazing! Wonderful color combo! Pretty image! And what a clever effect with the colour outlines of your nestie circle. I love this DSP!

WOW!!!! Unbelievable! This pillow is an amazing creation! I don't even know what else to say. Piper has a lovely and clever grandmum!!!! It's a wonderful memory of Piper's first sketch!

Kimmie0270 said...

We did totally go the same with with this week's cards! LoL... we'll have to see about tomorrow ;)

Margie said...

Adorable card! I cannot believe that we are already making Easter cards ;)
Gorgeous pillow! What a brilliant way to preserve a memory forever to share with everyone! I love it :)
TFS! xo, margie

Christi said...

Wow girl! Everything is fantastic!!!

Kim said...

Cute card. That stamp is so much fun.

I LOVE the pillow. WOW!! Such detail on it.

jami {sgtStamper} said...

Love your Sophia card!! She's colored up to look just like one of your girls!!

What a COOL pillow! That is so fun how she embroidered the sketch on the back of it too.

Sorry....I used brown on my card this week. I had to - it was the SCS color challenge. OK....I'll admit it, I just like brown.

Hugs, J

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Gorgeous card Heather, such a cute image and i love the pretty dp. Wow you Mum has made such a wonderful pillow so much wonderful detail. Hugs Nikki x

Bonnie (eggette) said...

Such a cute card Heather! That Sophia is such a sweetie! and what about that pillow??!! Such a terrific memory for Piper to have!! Sorry I am so late posting......I just got home form taking my daughter to Math class - stubborn day......

Jodi said...

Very cute image for easter and love the pastel colors you chose. Your coloring looks great too!
Your mom is so creative in making that pillow!! =)
Hugs,
Jodi =)

Darla said...

Great job on the card Heather! Beautiful colors! This makes me want spring to finally get here! (But I live in Chicagoland, so it's gonna be awhile!) I loved the pillow that your mom made from your daughter's first sketch. What a neat memory keeper.

Sandra MacLean said...

Heather!! I had tried leaving a comment on the Twinkling post yesterday but the code thing didn't load so I was never able to....so I'll leave you what I meant to say here.

This card is beautiful but that pillow your mum made for Piper is oh so special!! I truly think she'll treasure that pillow for years to come! What a wonderful thing to make for Piper. It's such a beautiful keepsake. Thanks so much for sharing that story Heather. ((hugs))

Rebecca Ednie said...

Your card is beautiful - so springy! The pillow is such a great idea; your mom is a talented stitcher. Thanks for the newsy post!

Maria said...

Hey Heather!! First of all. . .you did a wonderful job with the sketch. Your image is such a cutie and you colored her so nicely. Oh, gosh. . .who did you buy the nesties from so I don't from them! LOL! If I had to wait a month for something I bought, I would have a fit! That's just me. . .I have very little patience, especially for something I want badly! LOL!

Okay. . your mom ROCKS!! She is so cool to make a pillow out of Piper's sketch. She should play along in the challenges and make her pillows!! The pillow just blows me away, especially how well she followed the sketch. Awesome job, Mom!!

Maria

Cindy Haffner said...

Heather i love your sweet girl, she is just perfect. Awesome pillow your Mom made, so cool.

--Thanks so much for the visiting my blog and your sweet comments. Hugs Cindy

Summerthyme Studio said...

WOW! What a beautiful treasure that your mom created for Piper......actually it warmed my heart to see that. My Grandmother made a Rug Hooking (She used to buy up old wool coats at garage sales and 2nd hand stores) of a Lion since he is a LEO..........his GG now watches down from heaven and that wall hanging is SO special to him...........Your card is very sweet

Vicki

Madelynn said...

Hi this is Madelynn . I love your bunny Sophia card. It's really pretty and I love how you colored her. Thank you for playing my sketch!