Monday, March 9, 2009

Twinkling Tuesday Temporary Twinkie, and Oh Billy Boy!!!! Plus some Tucker Stories and a Huge Prayer Request from a fellow Stamper

"A Super Hero Sketch"
Hi All,
.......
Well if you are one of my "Regular" Blog readers you know what Tuesday is by now, and if not then you are in for a great treat!!! Tuesday's at my house is Twinkling Tuesday Time with our sweet 8 year old sketch artist Madelynn! This week Madelynn was kind enough to let one of her younger brothers try out the sketch week!!!
.......
Jacky drew us up this great sketch and I had a lot of fun putting his sketch to paper!!! I loved the Square card and the paper piercing!!! I love paper piercing!!! I wanted to do a boy card for him, and so I got out Billy for Jacky!!! Billy and Lily are and will always be some of my very favorite stamps, as is Pink Cat Sudio is one of my favorite stamp companies!!! I love Melissa and her stamps are all great and I own a huge amount of them too!!!
.......
So I choose Super Hero Billy and I am not sure what drew my mind to Greens and Blues for my Super Hero Attire, but that is what I ended up doing and then the greens in his outfit brought the rest of the card to life!!!
.......
So here is my take on the sketch. I made my card 4 1/2" by 4 1/2 " square, and I added just a tiny bit more layering then Jacky gave use, but I loved how the greens worked together and I could not leave them at just one set of the great greens. I also used a sentiment from this set the set is Pink Cat Studio's first Billy set. I actually paid the extra $1 to have the stamps personalized so my stamps are actually Tucker Stamps not Billy Stamps!!! LOL
.......
I colored Billy and his Hero Dog up in my Copics I used Greens, Blues, and Cool Grays for the coloring and as always my skin is E00, R00, and E95. I used SU Card Stocks in Glorious Green, Green Galore, and Whisper White. I used 2 of the SU Clear Rhinestone brads. I have just not found any of these gem brads that I feel are the quality that the SU ones are!!!
I also used that Yummy Martha Steward boarder punch that embosses at the same time. I have wanted it for a long time and finally picked it up at Wal-Mart the other day. I love it already!!! I thought the zig zag pattern it makes went well with the paper piercing and faux sewing I did on this project.
.......
I did the paper piecing where Jacky had it, but then I wanted to add a little more to the next layer and then I decided to make my paper piercing look like sewing so I busted out the old SU White Gel Pen (if you do not have a Singlo White Gel Pen you must must get one they are the BOM!!!! I drew lines between my piercing to make it look like sewing (Faux Sewing).
.......
I did up the sentiment by punching out 2 glorious green pieces and two green galore pieces with my SU 1 1/4" square punches then adhering them together to get the triangle award/ribbon looking sentiment. I inked up the Pink Cat sentiment in Glorious Green and Green Galore on SU whisper white paper and then punched out with the SU 1 1/4" circle punch.
.......
Well do not forget to check out all the Amazing creations that the other Twinkling girlie's made this week!!!!! I am not kidding you people we have some major major talent on this team and you have to take the time to see their work!!!!
.......
Well it is quiet around the house this week with the girls gone up at the Farm with Poppy and Grandma Schlatter, and just Tuck Man and I here while Daddy is at work. Now our Tuck Man is another story after a week at Grandma and Poppy's he seems to think he no longer can play on his own he wants constant and full attention at all times!!!! I was trying to comment on a few blogs earlier today and he would not quit pulling on my sleeve and yelling Ma, Ma Ma, Ma, Ma Ma!!! over and over again!!! He is so cute though it is hard not to give in to his desires!!! LOL!!!
.......
Dear sweet Tuck Man however was not so sweet when he got back from the Farm on Friday night. He was so so mean to me and he has never been mean to me in his entire life. For the first hour and a half he would have nothing to do with me, and if I tried to pick him up or take him away from Grandma he was having none of it and started bawling and grasping for Grandma, and if I got him he would pinch and hit, and slap, and pull my hair. It was so sad I had to call Janna to get some sympathy. Even after Marvin got home he did not want near me.!!!
.......
I finally had to get him and snuggle him close and just let him scream and cry that I had him for about a half an hour and then he was fine again. Daddy had to smack his little hand once for slapping me in the face and pulling my hair so hard I thought he was going to yank it out of my head!!! I guess the little guy was just mad at me for not being there last week???? He had so much fun at Grandma's but I think maybe he was mad at me because he thought I had abandoned him???? It was a awful 2 1/2 hours though!!!!
.......
He is now back to his joyful loving self and will not let me get two feet away from him without being right on my heels, but that is O.K.!!!!!!!
.......
I was reminded today just how precious life is, from a blogging friend who has a 4 year old son who has cancer and they recently got some really bad test results and it does not look good at all!!!
.......
Please be praying for Alicia, Dave, and Ethan Wieman of the Stamp Happy Blog. She is in my side bar of blogs I read every day, and this family needs all of the prayers and kind thoughts and gestures he can get!!! Alicia is a very sweet and kind person and so much fun to communicate with!!!! My heart breaks in every way possible for her right now. I can not even comprehend what she and her husband are dealing with right now!!! She requests that people pray that God has a Miracle for Ethan, and if that is not God's will that Ethan will not suffer!!!! He is still a very active and happy little boy but that could change very quickly and they need your prayers!!!
.......
So on a brighter note here are all the Tinkle girls links and I hope you stop by and share some love with them too!!!
.......
The "Twinkle Team"
.......
.......
........
.......
.......
.......
.......
Jami Bova
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
Kimmie Doktor
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
If you play along with us remember to leave a link on the Twinkling Tuesday Blog and or on Madelynn's Mommies Blog Jessica from the Whimsical Butterfly Blog
.......
Have a Stampendous Tuesday!!!!
.......
Heather

25 comments:

Debbie Lee said...

Hey Heather, that little Billy is adorable and I love your use of the border punches - very innovative. :) And, the colors are super fun!

Regina said...

oh, my sweet, you made a fabolous boy card! Tucker's Billy is gorgeous! I love this punch too. And your paper piercing - zig zag too - super!

Now we have many work! My daughter is colouring the rooms and I must packing. Now I have a few minutes for me.
Hugs Regina

jami {sgtStamper} said...

Love your Super-Tucker card!! That punch is perfect with your zig-zag stitching. Love all the green!!

Summerthyme Studio said...

Love this sweet Billy Card, the layout, the colours he is Sharp!!!!


Vicki

Cassie said...

oh heather - i can only imagine the agony you had with that - i would be broken-hearted if my little man did that to me!!! but sounds like you knew just what to do!!

this card turned out fantastic!! the greens are fun, all the piercing and punching and stitching is just wow wow!~!

The Lucky Clucker said...

Love your super duper Billy card! Those blues and greens scream HERO!! lol! I remember when I was sick and my MIL had my son for two weeks. When I came home from the hospital he didn't even know me and I think my MIL secretly enjoyed that lol! It took him an hour or two to warm up to me but he eventually did, but I can feel your pain!!

Cathy said...

Heather,

This is such a fun card!! The colors are cute and super cheerful!! I love it!!

I'm glad Little Tuck Man was able to settle back into Mommy's loving arms!!

Hugs,Cathy

Kimmie0270 said...

All that piercing is awesome. For some reason anytime I tried to get onto your blog today my computer locked up! Go figure!

Sandra MacLean said...

What a fabulous stamp Heather!! I love that little super hero! Jack will definitely approve of this card! Everyone seems to have used a boy stamp this week....sometimes I can't believe how clueless I am! Doh!

Maria said...

Oh your card is so cute, Heather! Love all the green, the stitching, the dots, the coloring, everything! Such a great boy card.

My daughter was the same way when she was little. . .whenever I would talk on the phone or do anything that took away my attention from her, she suddenly needs something. When I'm not doing anything, she'll sit quietly and ignore me. LOL! Kids!

Maybe Tucker was tired and was venting. I think kids tend to behave that way when they're tired or frustrated. They feel comfortable venting on mom and no one else so in a way, that's a good thing. Kids trust their mom to be comfortable being themselves.

Maria

Maria

Melissa said...

What a fun card Heather! I love the colours and the layout is so fun! Great job!!

Christi said...

This little Billy is adorable!!!!!!

Andrea said...

Really cute!! :)

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Oh your card is just so much fun Heather, I just love the colours and design, love Billy and his little sidekick, big Hugs, Nikki x

Jodi said...

Cute card of Billy and his little friend! You have chose really cute colors for him and I love that you used the zigzag punch!
Hugs,
Jodi =)

Michelle said...

OMGoodness what a CUTE card! I just love it - you're my superhero, lol!

Darla said...

What a fun card!!! I love all the paper piercing and fun shapes. A boy would LOVE this card! And the faux stitching is awesome! What a talented team Madelyn has! This is good for next week - St. Patty's day.

Janna said...

Heather! You did such an amazing job on this card! I love, love, love the faux stitching and how you did the piercing! This card jsut screams boy! the colors are fantastic as is your coloring! And that zig zag punch was perfect! It really says super hero! Maybe beacause it reminds me of lightning! And I already told you how much I adore the way you did your sentimetn! So, so casing that!

I am glad to hear that Tucker is back to his normal loving self! I figured he was just mad, but that certainly doesn't make it any easier! It just breaks your heart!! And I am sure pretty soon he will be back to playing by himself! LOL! Can't wait to hear what happens when the girls come back!

Thanks for the heads up about the Wieman family. i can't even imagine what they are going through. I will certainly keep them in my thoughts and prayers!

Smiles and hugs!

Janna

Emily said...

Love the colors, love the card!!!!

BetteJo said...

Hi Heather. Cause Hev said I should. :)

Jacquie said...

What a SUPER card Heather!! I just LOVE it!!! Everything matches PERFECTLY!!! I LOVE that image!!! I have that set and have not used this particular one!!! And hey...it's not BROWN!! Haha!!! So glad Tuck, finally settled down!! I am SO saddened, though, to read that last part of your post, it brought tears to my eyes!!! OMGosh!!! That poor family!! My heart breaks for them!!! I couldn't imagine!!! Kids are SO precious!!! I will keep them in my prayers!!! Hope you are well!!! How is your allergy??

Margie said...

Super cute and adorable Billy card! I just received my Billy stamps a few weeks ago and have not been able to sit and play yet... my boys are eager to color him in too :)
I love the blue and green together - great work! TFS!

the whimsical butterfly said...

This is too cute, Heather! Jack is here and would love to tell you in his own words, with me typing, how much he loves your card:
" I love your card. and the card is my favorite. I like the boy and I know his name is Billy. I like the dog, too. I like the colors. Thanks for doing my sketch"

awwww LOL... so cute! He really did gasp out loud when he saw it. He LOOOOVES the Billy sets:) Too fun!

Rebecca Ednie said...

Great boy card. Several twinklettes have done boy cards, I guess it is jacks inspiration! I have to get some boy images, I can't use baby images on my scrap pages forever!

Jackie said...

This is too cute! put a smile on my face as soon as I saw it!!