Friday, March 20, 2009

A Tranquil kind of Day

"Peace and Harmony
.......
with Geisha Anya"
Happy Friday Everyone!!!,
.......
What are your plans for the weekend? Tasha Emily and I have our last Big Sale-a-Bration Workshop. Tomorrow we have some people coming for The 12-2 page Scrapbook layouts in 3 choices of Themes, and we also have a few people coming to finish off their 50 cards in one evening and a few people who did not get to come to the 50 cards in one evening the first time who are coming to do that workshop start to finish. If you are local and still want to come I think we have 2 or 3 kits left and we had a lot of fun doing the cards two weeks ago. We are doing our workshops differently this year so people are leaving with so many more cards done then they did last year!!!! It helps to have 3 SU Demo's there to help the stampers out!!!!!
.......
So Here is my Geisha Card for today. I wanted to try to get a fluorescent look for the pinks and blues, and then the green flower in her hair. I thought she looked stunning on black Card Stock.
.......

I used my Nesties Labels 2 to get the nesties shapes behind her. I got out some of my favorite pink flowered paper and used it for the background paper on top of the black card back. I do not know what I am going to do when this paper is all gone!!! I only have a little left!!!

.......

I also used double wide bright pink shimmery organza ribbon behind the nesties.

For the Sentiment I used the new Gerber Daisy Die out of the new SU Mini Catalog (it has 3 sizes of Gerber looking Daisey's.) It was cut in pretty in pink, and pixie pink card stock. The sentiment is an SU Asian words stamp. I stamped it in Whisper White on Basic Black Card Stock. I punched it out with the SU Curley Label Punch.

Well, Here is one last look at the whole card I hope you enjoy it!!!! I wish I could post more, but I have so much to do and so little time to do it!!!! LOL!!!!!

.......

Have a Great Day!!!!!!

.......

Heather

13 comments:

Danni said...

What a pretty card! Great job! Love the bright colors!

Christi said...

I love these colors! So pretty!

Jackie said...

This is awesome Heather! I love this card and the colors you used!! You're right, she does pop off that black cs and she's quite adorable! Fab work as always...can't wait to see what you do for tomorrow!!!

Cassie said...

adore it heather!! the colors are so bright and wonderful - love the way you did the oriental sentiment in the flower!!

don't send me that card - send it to jess instead!!

Andrea said...

Hi Heather!! Cute card! I just got this little cutie in the mail so I am really looking forward to inking her up. :o)
Hugs~
Andrea

gracieb said...

Hi Heather! OMG! I love this card! The color combo is beautiful! I love how you colored her hair and kimono! Great job! TFS! Have an awesome weekend! =)

~ gracie

Summerthyme Studio said...

Such a bright creation! Nice Work!


Vicki

jami {sgtStamper} said...

Love how those bright colors pop against the black! And her lipstick is too cute! Soooooo pretty!

Heather "Hev" said...

That is lovely Heather :) The geisha is fab abd I love the whole layout :)

Maria said...

Hey Heather! Many success with your Sale-a-brations sale and have fun with your class! Sounds like fun!!

Wow your Geisha card is so fun with all the pretty bright happy colors!! love how you mixed the colors in her hair. Very pretty! You achieved the fulourescent look for sure!! Awesome job with your card!

Maria

Janna said...

heather! This is drop dead gorgeous!!!! Wow, wow, wow! That black and the pink and blue just make everything pop!!! Your coloring is amazing and I love the way you did the asian sentiment in the corner! It really pops off that gerber daisy. Dont' you hate it when you run out of a perfect paper. it is the worst. The bad part is you never know it is goign to be your favorite when you buy it either! LOL!

Glad you guys had a good time at your workshop and there wasn't a tornado coming through this time! LOL!

Smiles,
janna

Nancy said...

I love the bright colors on your geisha...she just pops off the screen! Thanks so much for your kind words on my blog...they truly mean a lot! Happy stamping!

Michelle said...

I'm behind in blogging since I was gone for the weekend. I'm going in reverse order and just came to this Geisha - I know I said she looked good in green but I think blue, pink and black is even better!! I just love this - how she POPS right off the card! VERY VERY cool, Heather! You are one talented lady!