Saturday, March 28, 2009

Over 18 Inches of Snow - A Blizzard for my Birthday!!! Plus some Stampers Club Sneak Peak Projects, and a Thank U Card

A Bouncing Good Time with Punches!!!!!
Our Blizzard Story!!!!!!!

.......

Well it is always hard to show just how much snow you got because people do not know what your yard or town normally looks like, but here are some pictures of our back yard today after the snow finally stopped snowing after over 24 hours of snow!!! I swear last night there were flakes almost as big as my hand!!! It was crazy!!!!
.......
So yesterday was my Birthday and we had a great day (Thank You for so many wonderful e-mail greetings and Blog Comment Greetings to all of you!!!!) You really made my Day, I have such awesome Stamping Friends!!!!!!!
.......
We had been warned the night before my Birthday that we would be under Blizzard Warnings and Conditions on March 27th Friday the day of my Birthday. Well we have only had 2 snows so far this year so it has been a pretty mild Winter so far!!! Well some reports say we had 18 inches and some reports say we got 2 feet so I am not sure which is right but it is one huge amount of snow that is for sure!!!!
......
So the snow started on Friday late morning as I went to pick Willow up from Pre-School at 11:30am it had started in. I already knew by then that Piper's School had announced a two hour early dismissal at 1pm by then. So I pretty much knew by then we would not be able to go out to Dinner for my Birthday as we had planned but I was O.K. with that.
.......
Well I found out later in the day that my wonderful Friends Emily and Tasha also my SU! Down lines had planned a "Surprise" Birthday party for me that night. Tasha was supposed to be having a make up night for the two big SU! workshops we all just got done doing the 50 Cards and 24 Scrapbook layouts we had March 7th and March 21st. Emily and Tasha had worked it out so that during the workshop Tasha would call me and tell me she needed me to come over and help her with something and when I got there She and Emily would have a Cake for me and a Surprise Get together of sorts.
.......
Well as the snow got deeper and deeper and everyone who was going to come to the Make-Up night cancelled they knew they could not do the Surprise and they told me about it. Emily was really bummed because she did not think she could make it over to our houses (Tasha is just next door). Emily's Hubby works for the City and worked a 16 hour shift Saturday plowing roads for the city streets. Well Marvin my DH said he would go pick her and Easton her 3 year old up and bring them over so we could still have our evening just the 3 of us at Tasha's. He kept Easton at our house so he could play with our kiddo's. Well we got over there around 8pm and I drove my Van over because there was too much snow to walk over. Well by 11:30pm when Emily and I attempted to drive back next door my car got stuck in the road completely blocking our street. I do not have any boots so I ended up going in to watch the kiddo's Willow and Easton were still wide awake playing and having a blast. Emily and Marvin worked outside in the snow with the flakes as big as my hand and dug my car out and then Marvin hooked our big Dodge Ram 4 wheel drive Pickup up to my van and pulled Emily into our drive way and she then drove into the Garage.
.......
So then Marvin drove Emily and Easton home and got home around 1am. We went to bed and when we woke up this morning we were amazed at how much snow was on the ground!!!! Marvin said there is no way even with the Huge Pickup and 4 wheel drive I can get out of our Drive way. Well then Tasha called and Marlin who has a Pickup but no 4 wheel drive had gotten stranded about 10 min from home but could not get back. Marvin said I am going to go get him, so he headed out and actually with the High Vehicle and the off road tires and the 4 wheel drive he made it and brought Tasha's Hubby home and they left his Pickup in the parking lot he was in.
.......
It was a wonderful day seeing how all the neighbors banded together throughout the day and helped get lots of people un stuck and then later in the day after the snow had stopped one neighbor who owns some big Construction equipment and Tractors had someone bring a Big Huge Huge Back Hoe Tractor in the neighborhood and they spent hours and hours plowing our street and then many of the neighbors drive ways. Now our Drive way is so long that we could easily have 8 to 10 vehicles parked side by side 5 deep in our drive way. Marvin scooped snow all day and the drive way is still only about half done!!!!
.......
Eventually around 4 pm Marvin and Tasha's Hubby felt that with our streets now plowed thanks to our great neighbors that they could now take Tasha's Hubby back to get his pickup. Then shortly after he got home Marvin got called out by another very close friend/family member to go get them out of a ditch too!!!
.......
It was quite a day and one that I will never forget!!!!! Tasha and I made cards and I baked Jumbo Chocolate Chip Muffins and Tasha backed cookies and we took them to the 2 neighbors that did most of the Plow work on the streets. I also made them cards you can see below.
.......
This first picture above shows Piper in the back yard. There was so so so much snow that the kids could walk on top of it and not fall down into it!!!! It is hard to tell here, but the snow to the left of the table and chairs is as tall as the table if you can see that!!!!
I took this one hopefully for you to see just how tall the snow was those purple things sticking up out of the snow is the very top of the Girls Barbie Jeep they sit in and drive around in. Crazy Crazy it is not a small little vehicle either it holds 2 to 3 kids and the purple pieces are well over their heads when they are sitting and driving around!!!!
Here you can see the snow comes all the way up to the bottom of the swings and then teeter totter swing is completely covered!!!!
So Here are the cards I quickly threw together to take to the neighbors to say thank you for all their hard work today!!! I just stamped the background in whisper white ink on real read paper and you can not tell but the U Rock piece is embossed in really sparkly read glittered embossing powder then popped up with foam. I added some really sparkly wired Silver Ribbon, and some large silver brads. I know the cards are not that impressive but I was in a huge hurry and had to make 2 cards really quick!!! I used my SU! set It's a Sign.
Above is a close up of the card. You still can not see all the little details but this gives you and idea anyway!!!!
.......
So tomorrow was supposed to be my March Stampers Club, but we cancelled it and I had the cutest projects made up for them so I hope we can still reschedule and meet so they can make these!!!!! I told them I would post pictures of the projects so they can get a good idea of what we are supposed to make this month!!!
.......
Now below are pictures of these adorable little Bunny's I mad up using 99% punches!!!! I wish I could take credit for the design, but I found it on this awesome blog called
Share Inspire Create (Mercedes Webber's Blog). She makes the most amazing projects and 3-D items. She sells digital templates of all her projects, but I did not buy it because I could see in my head exactly how she made these cute bunnies!!!!
Recipe:
Punches- SU! 1/2 circle (cheeks and folded in half to make the heart because I do not have the 3 Heart Punch yet)
Large Oval, Small Oval, Wide Oval, Word Window and the little toes on the rabbits feet are made from punching out pieces with my Crop-a-Dile hole puncher.
.......
I took the word window with the colored paper and punched 2 of them, then the large oval it was 4 white punches, then the small oval is 2 punches on the colored paper, and then on the face for the cheeks and the heart. Crop a dile for paid on the Bunny's feet. I could not find my Booglie Eyes to put on the Bunny but I found these little candy eyes I bought a ton of once not sure what for!!!!
.......
The only difference is on the White and Pink one I did not distress the large white oval part of the Bunny. So you punch 2 small ovals in Pink, then 1 large oval in pink, and 1 Wide oval in white, and 4 large oval punches in White, and then 2 word window punches in pink. I distressed many of the pieces with Pixie Pink, and Ballet Blue for the baby blue card stock. I drew in the freckles on the cheeks too!!!!
.......
Tomorrow I will be showing some more animals we will be making with punches!!! Wooo Hooo. I am so excited to share the other items we were supposed to or will be making!!!!
Here is a close up of the Blue and White Bunny. Well they cancelled all services tomorrow at chuch so it will be a cleaning day in my house now since we can not really get anywhere right now!!!!! I will miss Stampers Club though and can not wait to get to see everyone and teach them how to do these Bunnies!!!!! ........ I have to head off to bed now. I hope you enjoyed the Blizzard Story!!!! I kept saying it was only fitting because I was born in a blizzard and now I got to experience my first Adult Blizzard!!! ....... Have a Stampendous Sunday and I hope you get to stamp if you want to!!!!! Here I leave you with 2 last small views of todays first projects!!! I will be by later to share the next one!!!! Bunnies above and Thank U Card Below!!! See you later today!!! ....... Heather

23 comments:

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Good morning Heather, i have enjoyed catching up with you chatter againtoday. You certainly have had your fair share of snow hunny!! i am pleased to say i think we have had all the snow we are going to get this year. Im looking forward to some nice spring weather now. Mind you its been miserable here this weekend so far, rain, rain and more rain!!

I hope you have a fun time playing in it today witht he children. I love the cards you've made and those bunnies are great.

You are lucky to live in such a close knit neighbourhood, i mentioned before how lovely it sounds. Well it just sounds better and better!! enjoy the rest of your weekend, hugs Linda x

Regina said...

hello Heather

oh, the Blizzard is not a good birthday present! Here it was raining for 4 days, not good too.

Your bunnys are so sweet! It's a pity, I have not Oval punch.

have a lovely day!
Hugs Regina

Jodi said...

Happy belated birthday Heather!! These are such cute little bunnies you made with your punches!!
Hope your weekend is going good.
Hugs,
Jodi =)

Tasha Hickert said...

Wow, you posted this before midnight. That's amazing! The bunnies turned out really cute. We got all the pork done by 11ish--woohoo! I am so glad he went yesterday because he got there in time that they mixed up all his sausages and stuffed them in bags and casings so "all" we had to do was packaging for the freezer.

Nancy said...

That's a lot of snow for your neck of the woods!! Wow!! What great cards for your neighbors! And, the bunnies are just the cutest...love them! Hope you dig out soon!!

Paula said...

Nothing at all fun about this weather. I think it is your fault we got this snow cause the other day you were whining that the girls hadn't gotten to wear their snow clothes. Hope they get to wear them now...

Stephanie said...

OH my! I LOVE those bunnies!!! I want to make them now but I dont have all those punches! LOL Over on our side we think we got about 13" to 15" and it didn't look like that until we took a tape measure to it! Nice thing is by next weekend it will be 60s and 70s again!

Mariska said...

Hi sweetie,

So sorry I completely missed that it was your birthday yesterday!! I do hope you had a wonderful time. And as for a blizzard... we don't have those here at all. Even in the heart of winter it hardly ever snows and when it does it usually is so little the children don't even get to play with it. But I can imagine that a blizzard is less fun. It does give you the chance to stay indoors and craft though :). Those sneak peek stamps look gorgeous but I absolutely adore the bunnies you made!!! Absolutely adorable!! I hope you have a wonderful day and you and your kids get to enjoy the snow a bit too!!

xxx
Mariska

Lisa Foster said...

Holy Snow, Batman! Awwww...so sorry that's what you got...you deserved beautiful spring flowers! Happy Be-lated Birthday, Sweetie {HUGS}.
Your projects are all so adorable!

Emily said...

I love the cards and the bunnies :) they are both something I could do!!! I also will not ever forget this weekend !!!! I be DH will be very sore and tired, I know I am just for the little snow I worked on...at least it doesn't happen very often !!!

Tammi said...

Cute cards, fun little bunnies, adorable! Wowza on all that snow, and Happy belated Birthday! ~Hugs

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Wow, you got some snow! Glad you had a great birthday, Your little bunnies are just so cute Heather, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Janna said...

wow!!! I can't believe how much snow you have gotten!! That is amazing!!!!! Wow, wow, wow!!! That is a lot of snow! Poor Marvin he really got a work out this weekend! LOL! But that is so wonderful that your neighborhood banded together to help each other out. Glad that your birthday turned out well! That was so sweet of Tasha and Emily! What amazing friends!

These cards thougha re the best! I love the road signs and the great layout1 Can't believe you jsut whipped those up! But those bunnies are the cutest!!! I love them! I really want to try that out! You did an amazing job!

Smiles,
janna

Michelle said...

WOW Heather - I heard you guys got a lot of snow but to see the pictures really puts it into perspective. At least the weather allows for some time with family and friends and even though your bday didn't go as planned it still sounded fun! And how awesome that hubby went to pick up your friend so you could be with her - very sweet!

Your bunnies are adorable! The are perfect for all those Easter creations!!

Hope things get back to "normal" and that we are finally done with all that snow!! Bring on warmer weather and bloomin flowers!! I'm ready!

Christine Riley said...

Super cute cards, the bunnies are just adorable :) Sure hope the snow is melting! :)
Hugs, christine

Sandra MacLean said...

Oh my gosh Heather!! That's a huge snow storm!! And on your birthday too?! Isn't it nice when neighbors help neighbors?! Makes you all warm and fuzzy on the inside.

Maria said...

Love your cards, Heather. The bunnies are way cute. . .great idea to use all those punches to create those bunnies! I love the U rock card! I think that would be an awesome card for a teenager especially!

wow, that's a lot of snow! That's nuts! You and your friends had an adventure. It's nice that you and your neighbors have a great relationship and help each other out.

I'm sorry you didn't get to go out to dinner and your surprise birthday party had to be cancelled! Maybe you can do a rain check after the snow goes away!! Although you didn't get to celebrate your birthday as planned sounds like you had one that won't be easily forgotten!!

Maria

jami {sgtStamper} said...

That's a LOTTA snow...holy cow!! I am not a fan of snow...so I would not have enjoyed that at all! I did however really enjoy your punched bunnies....those are so adorable!!! And your cards are fantastic too!!

Cassie said...

that is some serious snow heather! i feel bad now because I was going on and on about the 6 inches the "blizzard" dropped on us. Ours was very, very wet and so melted really quick - hope your drifts melt soon too!

Cathy said...

So cute!! Great snow pics too!!

Hugs, Cathy

Tanya said...

oh, Happy Birthday!
I know, we keep getting winter and I am about ready to cry. I know we need the water, we live in a very dry area and I hate the fire danger every summer, but goooooodness, go away already!!! ;) Its April, lets move on!!!
These bunnies are very cute! The sign card is really fun too!

Heather "Hev" said...

All that snow would help our drought thats for sure!!

Love the bunnies they are adorable :)

hock said...

Good posting! more professional web templates at itemplatez.com... its a easy download.