Monday, March 2, 2009

Mermaids, Birthday's and Lice!!!!

Birthday's and Mermaids
Hi Everyone,
.......
Well from my title you probably can tell our last several days at our house have been horribly busy and not much fun!!!!
.......
However the Birthday part was fun for all of us!!! On Wednesday Piper had her "Birthday Party" at school and I noticed she was itching her head, I can honestly say a small thought went through my head she is at school and itching her head Lice??? But I immediately thought Nooooo! Not Piper, she probably just did not get all the conditioner out of her hair when she washed it last night. Then on Thursday she was out of school for Parent Teacher conferences. We went to her conference and she was still itching her head and I thought wow I wonder what is wrong. At the end of the conference I took her out in the hall and checked her head and sure enough her hair was full and I mean full of moving Lice!!!!!!!!!! YUCK!!!!!!!! I was horrified and Piper immediately began crying she was so upset!!!! So Uggghhhh the process started I sent Marvin to the store to get us Lice shampoo and I took the 3 kiddo's home and started searching heads. Tucker had it too!!!! Willow did not. The next several hours were spent shampooing and combing and there were still live ones in Piper's Hair so I called the Pediatrician and they prescribed a higher dose of the shampoo in a cream we were to put in her hair and leave all night with a shower cap on.
.......
That afternoon I started gathering up Bedding Stuffed Animals and anything I could think of that could be affected and started the Washing and Sterilizing of it all!!!! I spent no less than 10 hours straight working on the LICE situation!!!! The next morning my Mother in Law came down early for Piper's Birthday party which was to be on Saturday. This was now Friday and it was Piper's Birthday. I just could not force that poor girl to sit down and comb through her hair and torture her on her Birthday and we had just treated it all night long so I gave her a small break. I sent Marvin's Mom to the Laundry Mat with every piece of bedding and clothing and such I had not gotten to wash yet and even though I had already done all of Piper's bedding I sent it again!!! I sprayed the beds pillows ect.... It took all day Friday working on this. My washer and dryer never stopped for a couple of days. On Saturday Marvin and I began the 3 hour process of combing through Piper and Tuckers hair and removing all the Nits and Eggs we could find. They are so embedded in the hair and at the base of the scull Marvin ended up pulling a lot of hair out with Tweezers. I could not have done that to them so I guess I am glad Men are less emotional!!!!! As we were doing Tuckers hair I think he probably thought we were trying to kill him!!!! Marvin and I were sitting in chairs facing each other one trying to hold him down and the other torturing his head!!!! I started crying because he cried and screamed for over 45 minutes as we worked on removing the eggs and Nits. Now my kids hair are all so blond you can not see the eggs very well at all if at all but you can see the Lice and Eggs. After all of that we still found 1 live Nit in both of their hair so we re-shampooed again!!!!!!
.......
More laundry and then blow drying because although you cannot kill the eggs with the shampoo only the lice we were able to kill the eggs with heat we hope from everything we read!!!!
.........
So Saturday night was Piper's Birthday Party. We had it at the Gym of our church and we rented a Hello Kitty Bounce House the kids had a ton of fun. We decorated our own cup cakes and made our own Ice Cream Sundays!!!!
.......
So below are pictures of the party, but first I want to share a Card I made recently I was so proud of!!!! I love how it turned out!!!
.......
Here is My Anya Mermaid Card. I thought of the idea to put her on a Sea Shell and so I free handed the sea shell on paper first to practice and then on Card stock. I wanted to kick myself for never buying the A Hoy Mattie stamp set from SU! before it retired I knew I would regret it and I already do because it had a really cute treasure chest stamp in it. So I got out my old SU! catalog and started drawing my own treasure chest. I drew it twice to big and then finally got the right size the 3rd try. I got out all my SU! Micro Beads and Beads sets in silver and used my liquid glue and started putting the beads on the liquid glue on the card and added some silver and pearlescent dew drops and Rhinestone brads to the pile of treasure as well!!! It was sort of messy but I loved how it turned out!!!
.......
The whole idea for the card came after I colored up a Mermaid Anya my friend Emily had stamped up for me before I ordered her for Piper for her Birthday. Piper wanted her the second she saw her!!! I was so happy with all the shading and how it turned out I got the idea to maker her a really special card all of her own!!!!! I used all my Blue Green shades of Copics and did all the shading by picking up colors on the tips of my markers for the sketchy shading and by taking lighter shades of Copics over the darker colored parts to remove some of the color or lighten it for more shading. I sued Bubble Gum and Burgundy shimmerz on her hair and her eye shadow too!!! (hair where the jewels are already drawn into the stamp.)
Here is the Close up of the Sentiment, treasure and Mermaid Anya. For the Sea Shell I painted the whole thing in Angel Wings Shimmerz and then I shaded the edges and drew the lines throughout the Shell with Silver Bells Shimmerz. I then added some Bubble Gum Shimmerz lines through the shell as sea shells often have pink in them. For the Sentiment I took Aqua Marine shimmerz (which actually ends up looking Teal) painted it onto white Card stock then punched out the part with my SU curly label punch and I hand wrote my sentiment (idea from an SU stamp I have) then I distressed the edges of the sentiment part with the shaker liquid Silver pens. I adheised that to the Pink Paper and added a few more rhinestone brads in the corners of the sentiment part.
.......
Now on to the Party Pictures!!!!
.......

Here is the Hello Kitty Bounce House.

Piper and Grace (next door neighbor and best friend) going down the slide. Willow going down the slide.
Tucker going down the slide. I was holding him and sliding with him.
Piper Grace and Tucker Bouncing.
The girls all getting ready to make thier Ice Cream Sunday's. They loved them and most of them choose all 8 of the toppings we had there.
Willow eating her sunday.
Tucker got brave towards the end of the night and started climbing up the ladder inside the bounce house all by himself. He was the smallest one their and sometimes he got pretty freaked out by all the big kids who were pretty rambunctious for a little 1 year old to handle!!!!
My friend Natalie and her husband and kids came for the last two hours. We had the bounce house for 4 hours so I set it for the first 2 hours to be Piper's school and neighbor friends, and the last two hours we invited some family and close friends to come have fun as well.
Piper opening her presents. We had hid her Present (Bike) from us in the Church Kitchen.
Willow and Cousin Ben at the party Ben was the only cousin that got to come everyone else was either busy sick or could not come. Ben is almost 8 months younger than Willow but they look like they could be twins! I wish I had a better picture but this is the only picture I have of all 3 of my kiddo's that evening!!! They were in the bounce house playing.

Well here is one last view of my card. I hope you enjoy it I was so excited when I finished it!!!! Do not forget to scroll down to the next post. I posted it last night and you still have until midnight tomorrow night March 4th to enter into the 10 challenges for the Etsy Inspired Eight Blog Hop and Challenge Event. There are some great prizes from companies like Unity, The Greeting Farm, Lime Light, Paper Make Up, and more!!!

.......

Tomorrow I get to be featured Stamper for the Twinkling Team so I will be posting here and on the Twinkle Blog with Madelynn's great sketch for this week!!!! I also have a very special Twinkle Team Sketch surprise to share from a couple of weeks ago when Piper did her "Guest Sketch" it was soo cool when we got it in the mail on Friday and I can not wait to show everyone!!!

.......

Have a Stampendous Day!!!! Lice free I hope!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!

.......

Heather

20 comments:

Heather said...

Oh my!!! I feel so awful for you! I can't even begin to imagine how awful that was for you and the kids!
On a positive note, your card is absolutely fantastic!!!! I love everything about it!!!!

Summerthyme Studio said...

What a beautiful card Heather!!!!! You should be very proud, it's just GORGEOUS!!!

Sorry to hear about your babes demise............we went through Head lice with Jon and after three treatments and him recatching it at school I was ready to tear my hair out...............

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you luv!


Vicki

Bonnie (eggette) said...

Your Anya card is gorgeous!! I love everything about it! I'm so sorry about that yucky lice!! I have heard it only attacks heads that are super clean - so that is an upside I guess!! I remember when our kids had it - it was craziness.......I feel bad for you because I remember!!

Danni said...

You've been busy! A birthday party, meeting Janna and the girls and all that. And hugs for the icky part of lice, no fun!
Gorgeous card and so clever!!

Danni said...

I'm a dork, ignore my comment about meeting Janna...other Heather..sorry!
Hugs!

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Oh Heather, you poor girl... If it makes you feel better I know how you must have been feeling as I discovered Zoe had them too in half term. We was lucky though as it was just her that had them. Wow that Hello Kitty bouncy castle sure looked lots of fun and I just LOVE Hello Kitty, Loved seeing your photo's and your kids looked like they had a super time. Happy Belated Birthday to Piper... Wow... you card is just fabulous and I love the shell design, Gorgeous colouring and love the added jewels. Big Hugs, Nikki x

Tasha Hickert said...

Hey, the treasure turned out great!!! And the shell is so pretty. Good job on getting it all figured out. Nice to see you posting again. lol

Jodi said...

This is a great card Heather!! You did a great job coloring your image too!
So sorry to hear about the kids. =(
Congrats on being the featured stamper for Twinkling Tuesdays.
Hugs,
Jodi =)

Tanya said...

Heather!!! Oh my gosh I hate lice! I had it when I was little and when I was about 13 my mom was watching a neighbor's kid and glanced at her hair with a concerned look on her face and I freaked out! Noooooooo!!!! It is such a nightmare!
Your mermaid card is fabulous tho!
Hope everything is all better now!

Emily said...

love your creations, hang in there, I love your work!!!

Maria said...

Oh Heather. . .how horrible! It must have been torture for your kids to have to go through it and for you to have to deal with it! Arrrghh! My daughter once had lice after sleeping over a friends house! Luckily we caught it early enough so she didn't go through what your daughter had to go through.

I'm glad the ordeal is over (?). I guess you will need to keep checking, huh!

Awww, the pictures of your daughter's party look so fun. Everyone looks so happy and enjoying themselves. Happy Birthday to your daughter! That Hello Kitty Bounce House is so cute!!

Your card is so adorable! Anya looks so pretty with her green hair and beads around her and the treasure chest. Awesome job drawing your treasure chest!! Who needs the SU set!

Well, I hope your week will be a better one and that the lice is just a memory!!

Maria

Katie @ Paper Makeup said...

oh the poor thing! I hope its all over for you now! Happy Birthday to the birthday girl and your card is super cute!

jami {sgtStamper} said...

Man, what a bummer about the lice. I've been lucky that my kids haven't had it, but I sure do remember it as a kid!

Hopefully that totally cool house bounce made her forget! Looks like the kids had a great time!!

Love your mermaid Anya card! What a great way to use those beads!!

the whimsical butterfly said...

Oh no! You poor thing! That sounds like a crazy weekend and ugh..you must be exhausted from having to wash, sterilize etc. and poor Piper girl. Awww tell her I'm thinking of her!

Your Mermaid card is absolutely adorable! I LOVE it! Beautiful shimmer to it and I can't wait to see your TT card...too cool! I'm sure it will be awesome! hugs!

Regina said...

You had a horrible week!
Oh, the poor Pfeifer! A nightmare with the long hair!
The birthday celebration with the Hello Kitty Bounce House - great Party!!! Beautiful photos, what a fun!

Wow, what a stunning card!!! I'm speechless! I love all the wonderful details you've included!

Janna said...

Heather, I feel so horrible for poor Tucker and Piper but for you also! Wow! 10 hours I can't even imagine! I hate lice they are so disgusting and so awful to get rid of. I am really hoping they are all gone so you don't have to go through this again! You are certainly brave woman!

Oh it looks like the kids had so much fun!!! I wish I could have been there! Piper looks so happy and surprised with her presents and I love the picture of the kids together. I can't believe how much Ben looks like Willow. You are right they could have been twins!

Now, on to your card! It truly is unbelieveable!!!!! You did such a great job with the seashell. It looks exactly like mother of pearl and that treasure chest blows me away! I can't believe you drew that! The beads spilling out though is such a great idea! I am so casing that in the future! Your Anya though is colored in beatuifully!!! I love the greens and blues you created! She really does have that shimmery feel that fish have! You did such a great job on this card!!! Truly amazing!!!

Lots of hugs!
janna

Tammi said...

Oh man, I def. feel for you and your family, hope those nasty things are finally all gone (hugs). At least it looks like they all had a great time at the party. Your card is super cute, love the pretty shimmer and that treasure is so cool!

Ashley said...

You poor thing! I am so sorry you had such a rough week but the party looks like so much fun!

StampinCathy said...

This card is just amaZING! I love all the detail you added. Looks like the party was big hit.

Heather "Hev" said...

Speaking as a 35 year old who had nits last year (my nephew got them from kindy) I can certainly sympathise with the kids!! Glad it is all over and done with and they enjoyed thier party!!

Fabulous photos :)

Love your card too!! Very creative :)