Monday, March 9, 2009

Local Stamper Killed by Tornado - Some Workshop Cards

Baby's and
.......
Monkey's and Bear's
.......
Oh My!!!
Hi All,
.......
Now before you say anything yes that is Brown in my title, and no I do not like it, but the colors fit my cards, and yes I used brown in my cards, but I had to take plenty of allergy medicine before even attempting the brown papers and inks!!! LOL!!!!!!
.......
If you are new to my blog let me just tell you I have this huge aversion to the color Brown. I do not know why I have ever since I was little. I just do not like it!!! So for all my good blogging buddies I call it a Severe Allergy to Brown and they love to give me a hard time about brown, and they love to make all brown cards just to give me a hard time!!! LOL!!!!
.......
Last week there were huge jokes going back and forth between my close Blogging Buddies and me, and then a few days later, the whole Twinkling Tuesday Team got in on the "poking fun"
I give them as much heck back as they give me, but it is fun. They do not realize my allergy is so severe it causes breathing problems and all sorts of shock symptoms and such!!!
......
You know the expression "Seeing the World through Rose colored Glasses" ??? Well last week I went and bought me some "Brown Free" glasses and I now have to put them on while visiting their blogs I can see the "Ugly Brown" cards much better and actually like them with my "Brown Free" glasses!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
........
So more on that topic and more insight on the jokes that flew around later during the week this week!!!!
.......
Now you are probably wondering why my title says Stamper Killed by Tornado!!!
Well that was almost me yesterday!!! We were going to meet at the church around 4:30pm because the workshop was at 6:00pm. Emily called a little after 4 pm and said it is going to start raining maybe we should all go now. I was just starting to do my hair and makeup so I said it would be a few minutes before I could leave. We literally live 5 minutes from our Church where the workshop was to be. When I left the house it was not raining or anything. Between my house and the church it started pouring and hailing something fierce!!! So when I got to the church I pulled up to the curb where their is an awning. I crawled across my front seat to the passenger seat and decided to get out of the car and under that awning as fast as I could. I was literally 1 foot away and it was hailing and raining so heavy I got soaked in that little amount of time. So I get out and go to punch in the code to get in the church and it would not work. I knew Tasha and Emily were already in the church so the code had to work so I tried it again.
.......
Right then the Tornado sirens started blaring and I was scared. I thought I am out here in the pouring rain the sirens are going off I can not get in the church and I am going to die, all because I came to stamp!!!! I was really scared because I had no where to go, and I started pounding and banging on the door frantically. I tried the code and tried the code and no dice (Now this is the same door I have to go through 3 times a week to drop Willow at Pre-School, and so I know how to punch the code in!!! Finally Emily poked her head out of the gym and I started frantically screaming for her to come let me in. They could not hear the sirens because they were in the middle of the church in the Gym. I was frantically waiving her to let me in and she slowly was walking across the church and I was getting more frantic cause the sirens kept going off. Finally she heard the sirens and came faster towards me to let me in!!!!
.......
She asked why I just did not call her on my Cell. Well I hardly ever use my Cell and in all reality when you are stuck outside and Tornado Sirens are going off and you have no way to take cover your Cell Phone is the last thing you think of!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!
.......
So I got in and was safe and when it quit raining then we hauled the rest of our stuff in and did the workshop, but my hand still hurts from pounding and pounding on those doors!!!! It all may sound funny now, but it was not funny while it was happening to me!!!!
.......
So here are 3 of my cards I made last week for our 50 Cards in 1 evening workshop. For the workshop they get:
8 Female Birthday Cards (3 different designs)
.......
8 Male Birthday Cards (3 different designs)
.......
8 Children Birthday cards (2 girl designs and 2 boy designs)
.......
4 New Baby/Birthday Cards (1 girl design and 1 Boy design)
.......
4 Thank You cards (1 design in 2 different color schemes)
.......
2 Sympathy cards ( 1 design)
.......
2 Graduation Cards (made to stamp up in any of the local and state school colors)
.......
4 Love Cards (2 designs)
.......
4 Friendship Cards (2 designs)
.......
2 Get Well Cards (1 design)
.......
2 Wedding Cards (1 design)
.......
2 Love Cards (1 design)
.......
2 Mothers Day Cards (1 design)
.......
2 Fathers Day Cards (1 design)
.......
Emily, Tasha, and I each took about a 3rd of the designs and designed them and then we cut and prepared our own cards for the workshop. Emily did 7, Tasha did 8, and I did 9 of the designs. So here below are my Baby Boy, Baby Girl, and one of the Children's Girl Birthday designs.
This Card uses Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue, Whisper White, and Kraft Papers. The Craft Paper is cuttled on the big shot with the circles and dots CB folder. I used my Bundle of Joy stamp set and the background is a stamp in that set then I colored up those cute Bear and Giraffe stamps. I used my SU Markers, but I had them use Aqua Painters and Water color crayons to do them so they were less streaky in appearance. This card is the Baby Girl/Babies Birthday Card. I used my Welcome Little one stamp set, My Nesties lable 1 nesties and the big shot to create this card. The background is stamped using the Baby Bracelet and the Plaid Giraffe from the same set. I used Pretty In Pink, Pixie Pink, and Whisper White Card Stock for this card. I colored her with my SU markers too. It is hard not to use my copics, but I prevailed!!! I love that the SU markers work so good for Water Coloring and they match all the papers too!!!! This Card uses the Sock Monkey Set and I used Kraft Paper SU Card stock, Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink and Whisper White SU CS. I cuttled the Pretty in Pink piece with the Swiss Dots CB folder and the big shot, and I had them distress the edges of the paper before cuttling it with the SU Cutter/Distressing Kit. The Background on the Kraft card is Aida Cloth stamped with Sahara Sand ink Here is a close up and they used Copper embossing powder with is so so so pretty in person, and as you moved it around in the light it took on both the pink, and then "Brown" color. I had them color the Sock Monkey in Pretty and Pink, and Creamy Caramel SU markers. Lastly I will leave you with some more pictures of Cards Emily, Tasha, and I made for the workshop. ....... Tasha's Father's Day Card Emily's Woman's Birthday Card My Wedding Card. Now there is a funny story on this card. All the stuff you see that looks white is actually Embossed in this gorgeous Glittery Silver embossing powder. I also had my Man's Birthday Card in the Camper that was embossed in normal shiny silver. Well I forgot to bring my normal silver embossing powder so they had to use the Bling and Glitter powder so we joked the campers were Diamond Studded Wealthy peoples campers!!!! LOL!!!!
Emily's Boy's Birthday
Tasha's Boy's Birthday

Emily's Man's Birthday

Emily's Love Card

My Man's Birthday Card

Emily's Get Well Card

Emily's Friendship Card

Tasha's Sympathy Card

Emily's Mother's Day Card

Tasha's Friendship Card, Tasha also made this Cherry Blossom Card that is really pretty but I do not have any pictures of it and it is not on her blogs so I could not show it, but it is so pretty!!!

.......

Well Have a Stampendous Monday Everyone!!!! Last week My Tuck Man stayed at Grandma and Poppy's up at the Farm, and this week the girls are on Spring Break and she brought Tucker home (3 hour trip) and took Our Girls (Piper and Willow) and Harley their "cousin" who now lives with my "Adoptive" Mom Paula (Harley's Grandma) and is 9 years old up to the Farm for Spring Break week. Harley has had a really really rough life in her young life so going up to the farm was very very exciting for her!!!!

Heather

14 comments:

Heather said...

WOW!!! These are all absolutely beautiful cards!! I'm terrified of tornadoes so I can totally relate to your story! Glad it had a happy ending!!! Have a great day!

Kimmie0270 said...

I LOVE that embossed sock monkey!

OMG I would have totally been freaking out. I can't imagine how scared you must have been. Maybe we won't pick on you and your lack of browns for a few days since that happened :)

Cathy said...

Great cards!! I am tearrified of storms/tornadoes and I woud have been freaking out myself. Glad everything worked out!

Hugs, Cathy

Danni said...

Oh my! What an experience. Glad that it all worked out. Hugs!
Great cards by all of you!

Danni said...

Oh my! What an experience. Glad that it all worked out. Hugs!
Great cards by all of you!

Sandra MacLean said...

Good for you Heather! Those brown-free glasses really did the trick didn't they?! hehehehe

I'd be petrified if tornado sirens went off and I wass't anywhere near home! Very scary stuff and I'm glad you're ok. ((hugs))

Jodi said...

Heather! Well, that does sound very scary. We don't have that kind of stuff here in Hawaii. So glad that you are okay!!
Looks like all of you were very busy and have made such GREAT cards!!
Hugs,
Jodi =)

Janna said...

you realize you are crazy don't you! i think it is a case of mind over matter here! I mean you are cable of making a brown card without an adverse side effects and I am proud of you for it. I understand though that you need to take baby steps! LOL!

So glad you survived the tornado. I am right there with you about the cell phone thing. I wouldn't have thought of it either. I am just not used to it. I am just glad that you are safe.

Now your cards are awesome!! i so wish I lived closer! I would have really enjoyed coming to your class. These are all incredible and so much fun!!! You guys did a great job!

Smiles,
janna

Emily said...

Hey girl...sorry, I didn't mean anything by letting you stand out in the tornado....:P Great cards, of course!!!

Cassie said...

oh my gosh heather!! it's early for tornadoes!!! i am so glad you finally got in safe!! i don't think i would've thought of calling either!!

what a treat of a post - all the cards are incredible --- featuring some of my favorite SU sets ever!!

Christi said...

Wow!! Gorgeous creations!!!

Maria said...

Hey Heather! You hate brown that much, huh. . .then you probably hate a lot of my cards! LOL! I use brown a lot! Just kidding. Be sure you use your brown free glasses when you visit my blog! LOL!

Sorry to hear about your scare with the tornado. I would be freaked out! I probably would start making plans to tie myself to one of the post, just in case. I guess you would need a rope, huh. Well, I'm glad you got in safely and not blown away by a tornado.

Wow, lots of awesome cards you posted. Everyone did a beautiful job!! All the designs are beautiful. I see a lot of images that I haven't seen on a card for such a long time. Beautiful job!!

Maria

Michelle said...

WOW love all the cards! Ok, I feel for you and the siren thing. That happend to me and my family when I was growing up and I'll NEVER forget it!! I'm just glad you and your friends were all safe! I hope your hand starts feel better - I can just imagine how hard you were pounding!!!

Jackie said...

I know it's not funny, but I did LOL a bit! not at the fact that the tornado was nearby but how your friend reacted to it!!

Love the cards you did and I'm glad you were still able to stamp! TFS!!!