Friday, March 27, 2009

It's My Birthday - and Etsy Inspired #29 DT Sample

A Good Friend and a Birthday
Good Morning Everyone!!!!
.......
Well Today is March 27th and that means it is my Birthday!!!! Yea!!! The 27th is easy for us to remember in our house as Piper is February 27th, Tucker is June 27th, and I am March 27th!!! Willow was supposed to be May 27th, but my Dr. decided to schedule my C-Section on June 2nd so 5 days to late to hit the May 27th date!!!!
.......
I have decided today is a day to Celebrate everything God has blessed me with!!! My wonderful Kiddo's, My Husband, My House, Pets, Friends, Family, and Neighbors!!! He has given me a wonderful opportunity to be able to stay home with my kids and a great community and church to raise them around and in!!!! He has given me the chance to stamp and create and share what I love with others and so many more things as well!!!!
.......
So today I will Celebrate my Life and those in it!!!
.......
Now I know we normally have our Etsy Inspired Challenge samples on Saturday but many of the Etsy Inspired Eleven girls are participating in the Unity Stamps World Record Blog Hop tomorrow and they wanted to do our Etsy Challenge today!!!
.......
Don't Forget to swing by the rest of the Etsy Inspired girls Blogs and show them some love with a comment or two!!! There are some great talent on this team, and we now have one member who does only Scrapbook layouts as her inspiration samples each week!!!!
The Etsy Inspired Eleven DT girls are:
.......
AshleyNewell
.......
.......
......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
So This weeks shop is Handmade by Rebbecca and she has an eclectic sampling of handmade items, like jewelry, stamped cards, door hangers and much more to feast your eyes on!!!
.......
I choose the following piece as my Etsy Inspired piece for this week. The second I saw it I thought of my BoHo Backgrounds stamp set from SU! I have never used it and have wanted to for a long time so I whipped it out and started stamping away!!!
.......
So Above is the card she made with the Stamp on it, and then below are the Earrings with the same Stamp. This Stamp made me think of the Round Stamp in SU! BoHo Backgrounds Stamp set.
.......
I used SU! Card stocks in Kraft, Brocade Blue, and Real Red. I used the sentiment from BoHo Blossoms SU! stamp set, and I used my Sheriff Ian stamp set from The Greeting Farm. I colored him up with my copics, cut him out and then popped him up with excess foam and rubber from my stamps. I stamped the background with my BoHo backgrounds stamp in Versa Mark on Kraft CS and then poured Glittery Red Embossing Powder on the card and then embossed it.
.......
I stamped the sentiment in Brilliant Blue SU! Ink, on SU! Whisper White CS and then tore the edges and distressed it with my SU! Real Red Marker.
.......
For the Corners I took my SU! Photo Corner Punch and used the larger of two Photo Corners and punched out 4 of them on Brocade Blue SU! CS then distressed the edges with my Kitchen Knife. I took some large antique Silver Brads from Hobby Lobby, and used my Crop-a-Dile from SU! and punched the holes and attached the brads to the Photo corners then used glue dots to attach to the card corners.
Now for a few pictures I thought were cute at the time. We have a big Black Lab named Clifford. He is named Clifford for obvious reasons as the big baby is now asleep on the couch in the basement and he takes up the entire couch and I am not kidding you!!!!! This dog is Huge!!!! He showed up at our house last winter and we put an add out because he was obviously trained and a house dog, but no one claimed him and we knew Trouble our current dog was nearing his last leg of life so we kept him and then Trouble died 1 year ago this week so we have been blessed to have Clifford. He loves kids and babies and though he is like 5 times bigger then them he is very gentle with them!!!! I could tell you a million funny stories about Clifford. I wish these pictures showed better just how big he is. It thought when I was taking them that they did, but unfortunately they don't quite show you his true size!!!!
.......

Grace and Piper watching PBS after school this week the play room part of our basement is behind them and this was before it got picked up for the evening Tucker and Willow had gotten a lot of stuff out that afternoon, well mostly Tucker!!!!

Grace and Piper. Grace is just 1 month older than Piper and she is Tasha my next door neighbor/friend/SU! down line's daughter. Grace and Piper have been best friends since they were 3 years old!!!

Here is Willow my Ham she is posed for pictures all the time. Her favorite colors is Yellow which she makes known all the time, and loves to wear as well!!!

.......

Well I hope you head over to Handmade by Rebecca and pick out an inspiration piece. Then make any kind of card or project with it, and then head over to Ashley's blog Heart Hugs and leave a link to your project!!! Ashley will have Random.Brady draw a name at the end of the week and the winner will get a Free Dorr Hanging from Rebecca!!!! All you have to do is make an inspiration piece from the store and link to Ashley to be entered!!!! Ashley's link is above!!!

.......

Have a Wonderful Friday everyone, and a Stampendous March 27th after all it is the best day of the Year!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

.......

Heather

28 comments:

de said...

Love the card! Love the shop this week too! Can't wait to play! Your pictures are adorable too...

Regina said...

Happy birthday, happy birthday to you!
Oh,I did not know it! It is a pity! I hope all your wishes come true!!
Wish you a lovely day!

Your card is always great!

Kristin Bueter said...

Happy birthday, Heather!!! Hope you had fun celebrating with your family :O)

Love the little cowboy on your card! Soooo cute :O)

Juliana said...

A very happy birthday to you ,happy birthday to you happy birthday beautiful talented lady happy birthday to YOu.
Hugs from Juliana xx

Janna said...

Happy Birthday Heather!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so, so excited for you!! I hope you have an absolutely wonderful day!!! I feel just as blessed to have a friend like you! God must have brought us together for sure!!!

Heather!!! This card is awesomeness!!! I love the way you used the boho blossoms to make a western themed backgroudn. I wasn't quite sure what you were telling me when you told me your idea but this is amazing! It is the perfect background paper and I love the corners and the sentiment you did! too, too cool!! THe sheriff Ian is just colored in amazingly as well! I love everything about this card! One of your best creations yet!!!

And those pictures of Clifford with the girls are hilarious!! He definitely looks like a gentile giant! Sometimes those strays make the best dogs! Makes you wonder why anyone would want to give them up! And little Willow is so sweet! Glad to see she finally decided to get dressed! LOL! She is just adorable!!

Happy Birthday again!!!

Smiles,
janna

Shannon said...

Happy Happy Birthday!!!!!

Your card is super cute today! I love that background you created from the inspiration piece.

Emily said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! I didn't find my phone till this am, where I saw that you called 2 times, sorry!! I hope you have a AWESOME day, although the weather might not let you have a chance to enjoy it outside!!! I love the card, of course I love cowboys and the boho backgroud...your coloring is great and the layout is simple and yet eye pleasing!!! I might possibly try to make this card :)!!! Again HAPPY B-DAY!!!!

Rebecca said...

*HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!*

I absolutely love your project!

inky hugs-
Rebecca

Cathy said...

Happy Birthday Heather!!! I love this card!! So cute!! I also love the pics of the girls with Clifford.

Brittany used to watch Clifford everyday on PBS and it was her favorite show!! We used to have to tell her how far we were from somewhere by saying "in one Clifford we'll be there or two Cliffords, etc." It was hilarious!!

Happy Birthday and I feel blessed to have met you. Have a wonderful day!!

Hugs, Cathy

Jackie said...

Awesome card Heather and love the colors! you know I adore the pics of your fam so keep 'em coming!!!

Tiff said...

Love your card! It's perfect :) Coloring and all!

Ashley said...

Happy Birthday HEather! I hope it's awesome!

Great card this week! I love Ian and the awesome background you made!

Heather "Hev" said...

Happy Birthday Heather :)

Loving Clifford - my brothers family have a black lab and she lets the kids use her as a pillow too!! and a seat and a horse.....

Have a fabulous day :)

Hugs

Maria said...

Happy Birthday, Heather!! Whoohoo! I hope you have a fantastic day! You're an Aries and that's why we get along. My husband and daugther are Aries too and I love Aries!! LOL! So cool that your kids were born on the 27th like you.

Love your Ian card. . so adorable. Fantastic job coloring the image! Love what you did with the corner punch!! Awesome color combo too!!

Your dog makes for a great pillow. I love the pictures of your kids and dog. How sweet that your dog allows your kids to lay on him. He is a sweetheart!!

Anyway. . .have fun celebrating your birthday! Sending a huge birthday hug to you!!

Hope you have a fantastic weekend!!

Maria

Paula said...

Happy Birthday....looks like we might be snowed in Sure hope we don't lose power....what stamps are those that you use that have the little kids on them...I want some

Kerry said...

Happy Birthday Heather! I hope you have a wonderful birthday celebration! Adorable cowboy card!

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday Heather!!! I hope you have a great one! I feel very fortunate to have an the opportunity to meet you through Dann's Flutter By Team - you are a wonderful person and one creative lady!

Your card is just to cute - try and stay warm - you know this darn Kansas weather!!!

Danni said...

Happy Happy Birthday! I hope it's a truly wonderful day for you!
Love your card, but was confused as it has brown on it! LOL! Very nice!
Love the photos of your dog and kiddos, fun!!

Jacquie said...

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you.......
Happy Birthday dear Heather.....
Happy Birthday to you!!!


So glad I met you and this Ian card ROCKS!!! Your friends and family are blessed too!!! They are blessed to have you in their lives!!! Hope you have an AWESOME day!!!!


Take care girl!!!
Jacquie/Javablustamper

Kristen said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HEATHER!!!!!!!!!!!! I love your card!!! :) So awesome from the inspiration piece!

marsha said...

Heather,
Wishing you a very happy and blessed birthday! I love your cards and your children are just adorable.

Hugs,
Marsha

MarieL said...

Happy Birthday Heather,
I hope your birthday was a smash. Loved seeing the pictures of your beautiful children. I bet your dog loves being loved by your children.
You have a beautiful family.

Anonymous said...

Love the projects and the pictures are adorable. See you sun if the snow melts.
Dana

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Happy Birthday Heather! I hope you are having a fabulous day, Your card is awesome and I love the stamped backround, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Nancy said...

Awesome card and Happy Birthday! What a great combination! Enjoy the day!

Paula Still said...

Happy, Happy Birthday, Heather!!! I meant to post this yesterday, ON your birthday, but our internet has been down. So, happy "day after" your birthday!!! God may have blessed you with a wonderful family and friends but they are just as blessed to have you in their lives! Hope you had a wonderful day!:)

Love your sheriff Ian card! The way you did the background is so inventive and creative!!! Great, great job!

Love ya! Paula

Tammi said...

Wonderful cards and earrings, cool how you did those. Also cute pics of the kids with Clifford. :)

jami {sgtStamper} said...

I hope you enjoyed your birthday my friend! You have so very much to be thankful for - your beautiful family is so full of love. I so enjoy seeing the pictures and hearing the stories about them all. Clifford looks like a sweet dog! I've never met a lab that isn't well mannered and a real lover all around. We've always owned labs. When I was pregnant with my oldest (16 now) hubby wanted a big dog. I had never had a dog. So I asked the vet what kind of dog would be good with kids. He told me that a lab or a golden was the only way to go! Was he ever right!!

Super cute card - Ian looks terrific on that fun background!!