Monday, March 16, 2009

Inky Impressions First Design Team Call

DT Call Post for Inky Impressions

Two of my Favorite Cards

Hi Everyone,
.......
Well I have seen on several blogs lately this post for the Inky Impressions Call. I went to the web site and it looked like a really fun company so I thought I would throw my name into the hat has well!!!! LOL... Can't pass up the chance to meet and work with some new amazing stampers!!!! If you want to try too you can go to this web site then post two of your best cards and post the link and the title Inky Impressions first Design Team Call. Then go back to their web site and link up your post with Mr. Linky provided on their blog. It is important that your creations showcase coloring as their stamps are all line art and require coloring!!!
.......
It was hard for me to pick out two of my best cards. I do not think I am really good at picking out my best cards, but these are two of my favorite cards!!! Creating scenes is a fun thing for me and I ended up picking one of my cards where I created a scene, and then I picked one of my all time favorite cards. I made this card for my DD last fall when she was just starting 1st grade and 6 years old. I wanted to show her that if she kept up the hard work and school and kept doing so well on her tests and such she could be anything in the world she wanted to be. This card was fun to make, what made it so special I thought is I used pieces of 7 different stamp sets from Pink Cat Studio, and mixed and matched pieces of stamps to create the outfits and such I made, like I used the Astronaut shoes for the Nurse, and I used the Soccer players shirt and Billy's jeans to make the nurses scrubs, et.. et...

This card I posted a couple of weeks ago for Flutter By Wednesdays. This card started out completely white if you can believe that!!!! I made the dirt and grass using Sponge Daubers, SU Inks, and Copics. The sky uses SU inks and Sponge daubers. I also used a baby wipe and White Craft ink to make the clouds. I popped up the Fence 1 time, and Anya is popped up twice. All images are stamped in Black Momento Ink, and colored with Copics. Coloring is one of my favorite things to do it is a real stress reliever for me!!! I love lots of coloring methods, Aqua Painters with H2O, chalks, Copics, Water Color Crayons, Colored Pencils and many more!!! LOL!!!!! When I was a Sr. in High School our church gave all Seniors a coloring book and crayons when they graduated because Coloring is a known stress reliever and they knew the seniors would experience some "stress" as college freshmen!!!!! ....... So I know this post is two cards you have already seen, but some times it is fun to look back at our Creations!!!! I will be back in the morning with my Twinkling Tuesday Card I am super excited to share it was so much fun to color the images I will be sharing with you then!!!

.......

I hope you all had a Stampendous Monday!!!! As I was looking through all of my cards I found a few more I enjoyed revisiting, and thought it would be fun to share them again. Here are a couple more I thought were fun to look back on!!!

.......

Heather

17 comments:

Christi said...

Fantastic submssions!! Good luck!!!

Danni said...

Good luck!! They are all awesome! I hadn't seen that first one, it's truly amazing!!

Emily said...

As my dad always said " you can't make a shot if you don't take it"....that is life..."You'll never win if you never try"....I know you will never give up!!!!

Tina said...

Gorgeous cards! Good luck Heather!!!

Regina said...

Your cards are always amazing! I will press my thumbs for you.

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

I just love your cards Heather and always so fun and creative. They always bring a huge smile to my face. I'm keeping everything crossed for you sweetie, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Kimmie0270 said...

Your card for Piper is so adorable. I LOVE how you were able to use so many images and you cut them out perfectly

Tasha Hickert said...

Hey, these look good. It was fun to see some of your "old" cards, too! Good luck! Hey--remember to have me tell you how I went from approx. 35 hits/day to 101!!

Cassie said...

Oh Heather - I think these were good choices - your ability to build a scene is PHENOMENAL!!

I hope you make the final 10 girl - sending good luck your way!!

Margie said...

Oh, I gave this a try too! I love your submissions - puts all of mine to shame ;)
Good luck to you!!!
xo

jami {sgtStamper} said...

You go girl!! I love all of these cards, but that rock the farm is by far my favorite!!! I LOVE that card!!! Good luck - they'd be lucky to have you!

Michelle said...

Heather - good luck in the DT call. You have entered some fabulous creations. I just love the farm anya one. I don't recall seeing the lily card - it's too cool!

I like all the other ones - the two that stand out are the purple ones...might have something to do with that beautiful color!

Maria said...

Oh my gosh, look at all those cute Lily's and all of them so different. Such a bright and happy card!! All of your cards are beautiful!! They look like you put in a lot of love into all of your card! I hope the stamp companies see that aspect of your work. You are a wonderful creative person.

Good luck on the DT. . in regards to your comment on my blog regarding the DTs. . I hope this time around, you will be chosen. It's nice that you don't give up. . .you do fabulous work. . .I would choose you if I had a stamp company!

I had forgotten that you once lived in Hawaii. Thank you for sharing the story of those 4 hawaiian neighbors you had. They sounded like interesting people. Hey, where in Hawaii did you live? I think you told me but can't remember!!

Hope you have a fabulous day!!

Maria

Nicole said...

Hi Heather, Just doing my rounds of checking blogs this evening so I wanted to say hello! I also want to start by saying OMG...Your kiddo's are so stinkin cute. I especially love the pic of Tucker with no little sockies. Tee-Hee what a stinker. Anyhow....Off to the next thing I wanted to tell you. Your cards are absolutely amazing!!!!! Thank You for applying for our 1st DT Call. I have my eyes on you! LOL :) HUGS! Nicole :)

Summerthyme Studio said...

Good luck on the Call!!!!


Vicki

Janna said...

Good luck on this call Heather! Not that you need it! They would be so lucky to have you! Not only are you amazingly talented but you are also a very wonderful person. I don't know how you were able to pick just too cards. You do such amazing work! I really love all your projects and cards!!!

Smiles,
janna

Lise Roy said...

Love the one with Lily and Billy on the bike!
Gorgeous!