Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I'm So Excited!!! So So Excited.... and it is - Wednesday Flutter By Time!!!

"I want to be Just like my Mommy!!"

Piper and Willow 4 years old and 21 months old.

Hi All!!!!
.......
Well first I have to tell you my big news and what I am so excited about!!! Last Monday I posted two cards I had chosen to use for my application pieces to a brand new stamp company called Inky Impressions for their First Design Team Call. Well Stage 1 was posting the call and your cards. Yesterday they announced who had made it to Stage 2, and I am so so so excited to tell you that both Cassie and I on Flutter By Wednesday Team made it on to Stage 2!!!! Yea, Yea, Yea!!!! I so hope we both get to be on this team together!!!! There were 123 applicants and Cassie and I were in the final 26 to move on to the next stage, and the funny part was she was applicant #70 and I was applicant #71. How Funny????
.......
So above you can see a couple of pictures of Piper and Willow playing in my Wedding Dress and a tea set. I had these pictures taken when Piper had just turned 4 years old and Willow had just turned 21 months old. I love these pictures!!!! Well a while back Danni sent me these super cute images from a retired Angel Company set that she owns of little girls dressing up in their Mommy's clothes. I love the images and wish I had that set!!!! My girls play dress up all the time!! Thus the pictures above and below!!!! LOL!!!!
.......
So today is Flutter By Wednesday over at Danni's Dreams blog so if you want to play along make a card with a Butter Fly on it and post a link to Danni's Blog so we can check out your great Flutter By Cards!!!!
.......
Today Danni is having some great Blog Candy as this is her 50th week of doing Flutter By Wednesdays. It is our 12th week as Featured Stampers for the Flutter By Team now. Can you believe it??? We have been doing Flutter By cards for 12 weeks now!!! Does not seem possible!!!
.......
Below are all the links to the Flutter By girls blogs and Danni's as well. You also have to head over to Danni's blog for multiple reasons. We have a new Guest Designer this week, and her blog candy you will not want to miss out!!!!
.......
Flutter By Wednesday Featured Stamper Team:
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
Michelle
.......
Sadly this will be Kimmie (who I also enjoy being on the Twinkling Tuesday's Team with), and Ami's last day on the Flutter By Team, they are both quite busy and need to take a break from so many things right now, so make sure to leave them some extra good bye for now love on their blogs today!!!!!

.......
The coincidences on this team are kind of funny. When I started on Flutter By none of these coincidences were true because I had not been asked to be on Etsy or Twinkling yet!!!! Cassie (the one how also gets to participate in Stage 2 and Inky Impressions DT call) is also on Twinkling with me and Kimmie, Ashley is my Boss lady on the Etsy Inspired Team I am on and enjoy so much, Danni is on Twinkling with Kimmie and Cassie and I, Cathy's daughter was our temporary Twinkie yesterday, Jodi is on the Pink Cat studio DT that I get to be a guest DT for later this year, so I have quite a few things in common with this group of ladies!!! So after you are done here make sure to stop by and see all of their great creations as well!!!
.......
So this week was something new for Flutter By Wednesday we had our first Sketch Challenge. Maria Bell (another Pink Cat Studio DT girl) lent Danni one of her amazing sketches she has hundreds of amazing sketches to choose from!!!!
.......
So Here was our Sketch this week.
.......

Now Below is my first take on the sketch. I made 2 of them. (Well I almost finished a 3rd, but then changed my mind and decided to use the 3rd one for another post some time. I love these little girls playing Dress up so I colored them up with my copics and went to work on the sketch. .......

I actually got out one of the Large Heart Lace Doilies I bought at Valentines days and cut it down to shape with my Scallop standard Rectangle Nesties. I popped the little girl up with foam from my stamps. The layer behind the little girl is cuttled with the Textile CB folder. I added the pretty silver ribbon from Hobby Lobby, and then I punched out some pretty little Flutter By's with my Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch. I really wished after I got all done adhering it that I had used a pretty lacy background stamp on the light pink layer to break up some of the solid space, but the doilies were pretty delicate and I knew if I tried to move them I would ruin them!!! .......

Here is a close up of the image. I used my Egg Shell E51 Copic to do the shading on the lines of the dress. Isn't she a cutie!!!! Thanks Danni for sharing these images with me!!!

.......
Below was my first version of this card and probably the one on Danni's blog. I started out with Cream Gross Grain ribbon on the bottom of the card, and then I changed that to Shimmery Silver, and I added the sheer organza ribbon and bow to the doilies part, and I added the sentiment. I think I like the above card better how about you???
.......
Here is my Favorite Picture of Piper in my Wedding Dress I like this picture so much it has been my wall paper on my computer for 3 years now. I really should put a picture of Willow or Tucker up but I just love this picture!!!
Now for my 2nd take on the sketch and once again I wish I had added a background stamp to the Real Red Card stock before adding the other layers.
.......
This cutie is another one of those images Danni sent me. She is adorable too!!! This image is my first attempt at leaving the white space in my coloring to make it look like light shining or reflecting off the image??? I don't think I did such a hot job, but I did not even really know I was going to do it until I was half way into coloring!!!! Next time I will try harder!!!!
.......
Do you see my Flutter By??? He is pretty little on the sentiment but he is there!!!! LOL!!!!
......
This was a fun sketch Maria thanks for lending it to us!!!
.......
.......
So below are more of the pictures of the girls playing Dress up with my wedding Dress and Tea set my Grandma made for me!!!! It is fun to look back at old pictures of my girls!!!
.......

Our sweet Willow Tree!!!! It is hard to believe she was the same age as Tucker is now!!!! You can see the shoes I wore for my wedding they had crystal heals in them!!!!

Piper and Willow playing Dress Up and Tea Time!!!

Telling Secrets

Fighting over the Tea Pot!!! LOL!!!!!

O.K. I hope you enjoyed the pictures!!!! I have some more cute ones to share tomorrow!!!!

.......

I also have another post scheduled for later today so don't miss out!!!

.......

Have a Stampendous Flutter By Wednesday and I hope you play along with a Fluttering Card!!!!

.......

Heather

21 comments:

jami {sgtStamper} said...

Congrats on the Inky Impressions!! Awesome cards Heather!! I especially like the second one - the coloring is terrific!

Those pictures of the girls playing dress up are priceless!! I love them!!

Regina said...

I'm speechless! Oh, Heather, the first card is a dream!!! It's so cute, elegant and so effective!

I love to see pictures of your girls! A wonderful memory for you and perfect for the adorable stamp!
hugs Regina

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Oh my goodness your girls are so adorable Heather and what fun they had playing dress-up, thanks for sharing these gorgeous photo's. I am so excited that you made round 2.. you go girl and i'm routing for you all the way. They would be mad not to have you as you have so much vibrancy and creativity! Both your cards today are gorgeous and the images so cute, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

That girl in the wedding dress goes perfectly with the pictures of your daughter in the wedding dress. Great cards!! What a beautiful picture of your daughter!! How adorable and what a memory for you!!

Congrats on making it to the stage 2 of the DT call! Hope you make it!!

Jodi said...

Congratulations and good luck for the rest of the way!! you have done a great card for the challenge and these are such precious pictures of your girls!! TFS!!
Hugs,
Jodi =)

Nancy said...

Congratulations, Heather! I'm so excited for you and Cassie both...you would be a great asset to their team! Your inspiration piece was so perfect for you card...I just can't believe it! Your girls are adorable! Good luck!!

Emily said...

Congrads!!! I love the colors and that stamps!!! I also love the pics!! I'm glad you got your cards done and posted in the am...I'll talk to you later...I may need a nap this am the Coffee isn't working!!!

Summerthyme Studio said...

Congratulations on moving along to the next step in the DT process!!! I wish you the best of luck!!!!

The pictures of the Girls are just beautiful and I really really enjoyed them!


Have a wonderful day!

Vicki

Margie said...

Oh my!, those pics are precious! Your girls are so sweet and adorable!
Congrats on making onto the next round at Inky Impressions! Very well deserved! Good luck :)
Cute cards! I really adore the second one - the coloring is great!
TFS!!! xo

Heather "Hev" said...

Firstly congrats to making it to Stage 2 :) Good luck for the remainder :)

Gorgeous pics of the girls and GREAT inspiration for your cards - they are brilliant :)

Have a lovely day!

Andrea said...

Hi Heather!! These pictures of your girls are gorgeous!! Great idea. :) Have a great Wednesday!
Hugs~
Andrea

Cassie said...

gosh girl - this is the most precious post ever!!!!!

how sweet and adorable are those pictures? oh - i can see why you love them so much! bet you were a beautiful bride too!

both of these cards are sooo fun! i do love the first one with the doilies - and those BUtterflies!?!?! OMWOW!!!! Awesome, awesome idea to punch them out of the doily! You are sooo smart!!
second is cute too - what fun to have little girls - i remember playing dress up all the time growing up!

Cassie said...

i forgot to say - we could play 6 degrees of heather i think!! that is a lot of little coincidences!!

Michelle said...

Congrats on Inky Impressions - that is just wonderful! You are so very talented! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and Cassie!!

Ok these pictures - SO SWEET!! I just adore them all. Your daughters are so adorable.

Your flutterby cards are wonderful! I love the lacy butterflies! Way to go you overachiever (LOL) getting two awesome cards done this week!! Seriously though - Great job!

Ashley said...

Congrats Heather! And very cute card! I love it!

Danni said...

Congrats again on making it to the next round of the DT call.
Your girls are soooooo cute in these photos! How fun!
I love what you did with these images! Very, very cute!! Love them!

Janna said...

First off Heather!!! Congratulations!!! I am so, so so excited for you!!!! This is the best news! I knew you would get on! You are so talented!! Yay!! And I am loving these picture of the girls! How sweet!!! Izzy is just starting to play dress up but hasn't gotten into wearing my clothes yet! How special that they were wearing your wedding dress! I just love theme!! Now your cards are amazing!! I am loving these images as well! they are so perfect for little girls! You did an amazing job with your coloring and the way you used the layouts! Such fun cards!! Great work!

smiles,
janna

Lise Roy said...

Congratulations!!!!!

Your girls are gorgeous....WOW!!

Beautiful cards as well.

Maria said...

Hey girlfriend! Congratulations on making it to the 2nd round! Yipee! I'm crossing my fingers for you and Cassie! I'm asking for a guest designer position. . so it'll be nice if you are on the DT and I'll be a guest on one of the months!!!

Your daughters are beautiful in their dresses. I love the pictures. . they have such a pretty vintage look to them. Not to mention, your daughters are beautiful!!

Your FBW card is adorable and you did a beautiful job following the sketch!! Love the pretty colors!! Thanks for the shout on my blog!! I appreciate it!!

I would chat more but life is calling!! Hope you are having a fantastic Thursday!!

maria

Alicia said...

Heather,
These pictures are priceless. what a great idea. Congrats on the next round for the design team competition. That is great!

Mariska said...

Oh Heather these pictures are just GORGEOUS!!! Your girls look so lovely and dreamy playing with your dress!! Also a VERY big congratulations on making the next round in the Design Team call!! I'll keep my fingers crossed that you make the team! And as for your cards, how adorable are those images!!! Absolutely lovely and the cards you created with them are so sweet. Love the butterflies on the weddingdress card, you did that before and I need to try that sometime too, very very cute!! But the cutest by far are your two little girls. Thanks for sharing those pretty pictures!!

xxx
Mariska