Saturday, March 14, 2009

Ian Skateboarding down the Sketch - My new favorite card!!! LOL!!!!

"Ian the Skater Dude"
(scroll down for today's Etsy Inspired Challenge DT post!!!! It is a Pink Cat Studio and SU! stampation)
Hello Friends,
.......
Well sorry for such a late post today, but Yesterday I took advantage of just having "Tucker" this week and got some Cleaning/Organizing projects done that have desperately needed done for awhile but there never seems to be enough time to do it all!!! So needless to say there was no time to stamp any yesterday.
.......
So I have been wanting to participate in the current Sketch Challenge going on over at Club Anya (From The Greeting Farm Stamps) right now, and to be honest the moment I saw this sketch I thought of Ian skating on a ramp or something like that. I was telling my idea to a friend and together we came up with the idea to use stairs and railings instead of a ramp. So that is just what I did today. I am so excited about how this card came out!!! I got out my Stampin Up Crystal Effects to make the railings really shinny. I have seen Maria Bell one of my blogging buddies and another SU Demo in California do this many times and I love the effect it leaves!!! Maria was actually just chosen to be on The Greeting Farm Gardener DT and she has the most amazing projects every day so you have to go check her out!!!!
.......
Disclaimer: His skin is not splotchy in person just in the pictures not sure what happened there!!! LOL!!!
So I started out by getting Card stocks out in the colors I had colored my Ian up in. Real Red, Pacific Point, Glorious Green, and Only Orange, with Some Basic Gray, and some Whisper White thrown in. I distressed the Glorious Green layer edges with the trusty old Kitchen steak Knife!!! LOL!!!!
I took my Whisper White layer and drew lines on it with my Black Stampin Write Journaler Marker by SU!. The Journaler markers are darker than the SU Stampin Write markers and they are permanent ink as well!!! I Drew the lines going from right to left and then after they were all done I took the marker and went back over the lines in a jagged line to make it look more like bricks. Then I drew the lines from top to bottom where the bricks should break and did those jagged. I took my C3 Copic and then Jaggedly went over both sides of all the lines to give the bricks a dirty look and some dimension.
.......
Then I free handed the stairs with my scissors and distressed the edges with my Momento Tuxedo Black ink (because it is permanent) and SU sponge daubers to give the stairs dimension as well. I then started making the railings with pieces of Red and Black SU card stock. Then I got out my Crystal Effects and went to making them shinny!!!
.......
I popped the railings up a tiny bit using wadded up glue dots Then I popped Ian out twice with SU dimensionals. Then I just put the whole card together. I love how it turned out, what do you think??? Sorry I do not mean to toot my own horn, I was just excited to have an idea come to life like I pictured it in my mind!!!
.......
Here is a close up of Ian and the railings.
......
Well I need to go make my card for tomorrow's Etsy Challenge. It is just me and Little Tuck today because DH went up to the Farm today to get Piper, Willow, and Harley and he will be bringing them home tomorrow. I am looking forward to seeing the girls since they have been gone for 6 days by tomorrow. I know Tucker is missing them because yesterday and today he has been going through the house yelling Girls, and saying Sissy?? Sissy often. He probably does miss them since he was gone for 5 days last week then home with them for 3 days and then they left for 6 days. I can not believe Piper's 10 day spring break is almost over it is back to school on Monday the break went so fast since she will have been gone 6 of the 10 days.
.......
Well here is one last view of my card, I hope you enjoy it too!!! LOL!!!!
.......
Have a Stampendous Friday Night and a great weekend!!!!
.......

Heather

29 comments:

Heather said...

OMG, this is the cutest thing I have ever ever seen. This is FABULOUS!!!!! Seriously, one of my favorite cards EVER!!!

Danni said...

Oh my!! You are just too clever!! Wow!! This is truly amazing!! Wow!! AWESOME!!!

Margie said...

OME! That is amazing! I love it! So COOL!!!

Tasha Hickert said...

Oh Heather, this did turn out great! My crystal effects has partially dried so it is very difficult to use so I don't get it out very often. The rail turned out awesome! And the whole thing just looks really good together. What a great take on the sketch, I never would have thought of something like this!

Emily said...

this card rocks!!!!

Sandra MacLean said...

Oh my gosh Heather!!!!! This has to be BY FAR the BEST card I've seen all week!! Seriously!! It's the most creative and ingenious card ever!! You did rock it girlfriend!! I'm SO glad you left me a crumb trail to come see this. Please send this directly to Marie! I know she'd love to see it. Wow....my cards are just so plain next to yours. (((hugs)))

Jackie said...

This is such a cool card Heather! I love the colors, how you did the sketch and that awesome image!! fab job & tfs!!!

Regina said...

Heather, your ideas they are amazing!!! You really have outdone your self with this card! I love what you have created with the sketch!

Heather "Hev" said...

Very cool :)

Cathy said...

This is so stinkin cute!!I love this!! Very neat and super cute!!

Cassie said...

this is amazing heather!! you are so clever!! i wanted to tell you too that i loved your comment on sandras blog today about when you rock it!!! you make rockin cards on top of being a rockin mom and a rockin friend!!

Tanya said...

Oh this is FUN!!!

the whimsical butterfly said...

Girlfriend! This is AWESOME! I LOVE the railings, the way you colored his hat...the whole little scene you created! How fun!

So glad you got to play the challenge...he is amazing!!

StampingSeasons said...

Oh wow, this card is so cute. It looks so perfect in every way. Thanks for stopping by on my blog... I love it when people leave comment then I get to check out their blogs and see fantastic cards like this... off to troll through the rest of your blog now!!

Tammi said...

Wow Heather, I love your take on the sketch, very unique and oh soooo very cute!!

Lindsay Spencer said...

I LOVE it!!!! It's so cute and cool and perfect for my boys!!!!

jami {sgtStamper} said...

This is amazing girl!!! I just love the whole concept - and you brought it to life perfectly!! I really need to get skater Ian, he's too cute!

Dana said...

I love it! you are soooo creative.

Kimmie0270 said...

This card is just so totally hip!

Jacquie said...

GIRL!!! You are SO right!! This card is THE BEST!! This is my FAVE too!! You did such an amazing job, although there is NO brown!! Hehe!! Oh well.....brown wouldn't work anyway. Well...maybe his hair!! Haha!! You are TOO funny!! I LOVE when you visit my blog!! I always look forward to your comments!!! They are THE BEST too!! Thanks for visiting me and for your inspiration!! You are SO creative!! I would have never thought of that!!! I made another NON BROWN creation, for you! So you won't need your glasses!! Hehe!! Take care!! Hope to see you tomorrow at the Club Anya hop!!

Jodi said...

This is so creative!! I love what you did with skater Ian! Great job with the coloring too!
Hope your weekend is going well so far!
Hugs,
Jodi =)

Maria said...

What an awesome card for the challenge, Heather!! I love all the different things people are coming up with the challenge. . .all the freehand drawing and all. I love what you did with the Crystal Effects and the freehand drawing of the stairs and background! So creative! I love it!

I love using Crystal Effects because it adds such a nice dimension to the images and such. Wow, thanks for the shout out. You are way too kind! I really appreciate it.

Glad to hear you've been able to do some organizing. Arrrghh, I haven't had time to do anything much this weekend!

Hope you are having a fab weekend!!

Maria

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Wow Heather, such a great idea and beautifully coloured, Skater Ian looks so cool. Hugs Nikki x

Summerthyme Studio said...

NOw that is a fun and KEWL card Heather!!! Love it~


Vicki

Shelly said...

You're right to be excited over this card, Heather. It's awesome!!! Really over the top.

Mariska said...

You are so creative!! What an awesome project. This is such a cool card for a cool little boy, love it!! And I wanted to thank you for the lovely comments you left on my blog, if there is one person in blogland who always has something nice to say it is you and Janna. If you'd be able to get yourself in the suitcases to the Netherlands you'd be more then welcome :). Have a great day!!

xxx
Mariska

** Isa ** said...

That is one cool dude and a fab card Heather. Perfect for any little boy - I know my eldest would love it! Love the cheerful colors.

Hugs xxx

Kimmie0270 said...

Hey Heather...
Totally off topic but next time you hear Pink Cat Studios is having a DT call will you let me know?

Janna said...

Seriously Heather this is one of my favorite cards of yours of all time! It is amazing! Everything came together perfectly!!! Wow, wow, wow! Unbelieveable!! I just love the way you made this scene and the awesome wall you created in the background! Simply perfect! The glossy effects on the railing is a great idea! I so would have never have thought of that and I adore the way you distress the edges! Too funny!! You did such a great job on this card! I am truly blown away!

Smiles,
janna