Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Flutterby Wednesday Time - A post that almost did not happen!

Good Morning All!!!!,
.......
Well it is barely morning anymore, but it still is for a little while!!!! I was not sure this post would happen at all. Yesterday I started feeling really light headed and really tired for some reason and then I had a headache so there was no craft time for me!!!
........
I had let Danni know I was not even sure if I would get to do Flutter By this week or not, but this morning I felt somewhat better and so I went ahead and made my card for Flutter By Wednesday!!! So that is why I am so late in posting today!!! Danni has decided that if you guys want to play along to upload your cards with Keyword/Tags on SCS and PCP of just FBW instead of FBW48 et.. et... She thinks this will be easier on you, and easier on us to find them uploaded!!!
.......
I know all the other girls got their great creations uploaded on time and early today so do not forget to stop by and see what they have to offer us this week for Flutter By Wednesday Greatness!!!! Below are the links to this wonderful team of crafter's!!!!
Flutter By Wednesday's Featured Stampers Team:
.......
.......
So above is my card for today. I thought it was fitting for Easter. I taught a card somewhat similar to this card 2 years ago at Easter to my Stampers club and I thought this card was a good one to change up a bit and bring back for Flutter By. I used my new MS butterfly punch to add the Flutters to this card, and I used clear thick embossing powder to the flowers in the background of the card for some real shine!!! IRL it really shines and glistens in the light!!! The CS colors are SU So Saffron, and Elegant Eggplant, and Whisper White. The inks are the same and some Lavender lace and Mellow Moss too.
.......
Here is a close up of the top part of the card and Flutter by #1 It is punched in lavender lace and distressed in Elegant Eggplant.
I am so so so not as good as Danni is and I rarely get my insides done until I am ready to send them out, but this inside I did up mostly because I loved the other sentiment in this set!!! I used Elegant Eggplant, and Mellow Moss inks for this. See even when I do it I am no where near as good at it as some are!!!!
.......

Here is the bottom part of the card and Flutter By #2 You can see the shiny embossing powder on those background flowers now too!!!

.......

Well as I still have a headache I guess that is all for me today!!! I hope you are all having a wonderful Flutter By Wednesday!!!!

.......

Heather

18 comments:

Cathy said...

Hi Heather,

Hope you are feeling better soon. I love your card!! Very pretty and the colors are so rich and elegant!!

Hugs, Cathy

Michelle said...

Heather,
Sorry you have a headache and aren't feeling well - hopefully you'll be better soon!!

Your flutterby card is awesome - love the shiny flowers background and those butterflies are perfect. You made the perfect Easter card!!

Cassie said...

gosh this is gorgeous heather! what a wonderful sentiment - and just the perfect amount of embellishments to highlight it but not overpower it!!

Danni said...

I sure hope you get to feeling better! Hugs! Thanks for still creating such a wonderful flutterby card. This is simply gorgeous and yay for doing the inside of your card!!

Jodi said...

Hope you start to feel better soon Heather!! I love your card! Very pretty colors and great use of space on it too!
Hugs,
Jodi=)

Lisa Foster said...

This is so very beautiful! Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well...hope you're back to perfect now! Take care!

Maria said...

Sorry about the headache and light headed feeling! I hope you feel better!

Your card is "wow", Heather. I just love the bright happy colors. . .so pretty!! Lately I've been using yellow and oranges a lot! The purple and yellow together looks very pretty! Awesome sentiment too. I actually think I have that stamp. I may need to dig it up.

Well, I hope your headache don't return. . .take care of yourself!!

Maria

Margie said...

Hope you are feeling better :)
Your card is beautiful! Love the colors and butterflies!
TFS! xo

Ashley said...

What a pretty card Heather! I hope you are feeling better!

Shelly said...

Your card is gorgeous, Heather!!!

I hope you feel better soon.

Jackie said...

Hey Heather!
I love this card and the colors you used...nice design too! tfs!!!

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

Oh this is just beautiful Heather!! The butterfly and flower are truly a graceful addition to that beautiful verse!!! And the inside is so sweet!! I'm just starting to decorate the insides of my cards....I love the finished look of that!!

Christi said...

I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better! Your card is gorgeous!!

Kristie said...

I hope you are feeling better by now! Your card is so pretty! I really need to get that MS punch!

Janna said...

Heather,

I am sorry to hear you are not feeling well! Hopefully tomorrow morning you will wake up feeling fine!! I am in love with this card though! You are right it is perfect for Easter. I just love this sentiment and the way you framed out the book and verse! The crossing ribbons I am sure will make Piper happy and work well with this card! Of course those butterflies are amazing! I didn't know you got this punch! Keeping secrets? Such beautiful Easter colors as well!

Smiles,
janna

bumblebee creations said...

Hi- I am stopping by to say HI-sent by Heather!! Your card is gorgeous!!! I am in high hopes you are by now feeling quite better!!! Take care-thank you for sharing!!

jami {sgtStamper} said...

Hope your headache is gone by now! Love these gorgeous colors together!!

Heather said...

This is just absolutely gorgeous! Great job! Hope you are feeling better!