Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Flutter By Wednesday's Button's Bows and Twinkling Wings, Blog-o-versary news, and Some Candy

Rainbows Fluttering By
.......
Good Morning!!!!!
.......
Well before I say anything else I was so excited when I got this card done and I loved how it turned out and then I took the pictures and went to edit them and they did not portray my card well at all!!!! I was so disappointed!!! The pictures make this card look way too busy and though it might be a bit more busy than most it does not look busy in person!!! In person there is much more white space and I thought it looked kind of elegant. However my pictures do not show that at all!!!! I am so so Bummed!!!!!
.......
Oh I also wanted to add, (I put it in my post yesterday, but it was sort of buried sp??? in the post, but yesterday was my 6 month Blog-o-versary!!!! I am close to 17,000 hits now too, and I just wanted to say thank you to all my readers. I am not sure how I went from 0 to 17,000 hits in just 6 short months, but I so so appreciate all of your comments and I love that you come and visit even though there are days when I wonder why!!!! LOL!!!!!! No seriously you are all so awesome!!!! I have met some amazing friends and blogging buddies and have been exposed to so many wonderful stamping creations it has made the last 6 months of my life so enjoyable I love it!!!!
.......
I also want to thank those of you who have trusted me enough and liked my work well enough to ask me to be part of your Design Teams!!!! The DT's and all the wonderful stampers I get to work with because of them have really enriched my life!!! Thank You!!!!
.......
So anyway I am going to start putting something together so I can give away some cool blog candy to say thank you too all of you!!! The last time I gave blog candy away was when I had just been blogging for 7 weeks and got my 5,000 hit!!!!
.......
Speaking of Candy I think today is the day Danni is going to offer up some candy for the 50th week of Flutter By Wednesdays!!!! It is our 11th week as a Flutter By Team, but she has been doing Flutter By Wednesdays on her blog for almost a year now!!!!
.......
So today is Flutter By Wednesday and all of us on the Flutter By Featured Stamping Team make cards with Flutter By's or (Butterfly's) on them. Some weeks we have free reign and others we have a challenge!!! This week the Challenge was Flutter By's and Buttons. I do not know what popped the idea in my head but I had been thinking white and rainbows all week so I got out this stamp that Danni sent me and inked it up 8 times in Black Memento Ink, and stamped it on NeeNah white card stock. Many people like Neenah to color with their copics on. I do love the blending capabilities it has!!!! Now these Flutter By's are to small to do color blending so I blended them by variegating each Flutter By from Center to wings in 4 shades of each color. Like 4 different shades of Red, four different shades of Pink, four different shades of Orange. et... et....
.......
.......
I planned to put my Buttons in each corner and have a Star and Round Button in each corner like the round red button and the Pink Star button and then the next corner the Star Orange Button and the round Yellow button, but then when I added my rainbow of ribbon to the edges there was not room to put the buttons in the corners so I went across the bottom. I wonder if I had had the chance to do the buttons in the corner if it would have showed up a little less busy??? Trust me folks this is one that looks so pretty in person!!!
.......
So I cut pieces off of the 8 colors I used in Gross Grain ribbon, and punched the round SU ribbon punch 8 times up and down each side of the card then I ran the ribbon through the two holes and left the center pouch raised for a 3-D ribbon effect.
.......
The Card back is on SU Whisper White Card stock, and I cuttled it with my Big Shot, and the Swiss Dots CB Embossing folder. I thought about using my favorite one the swirls that goes so well with Flutter By's but I thought it would make the card too busy!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
.......
.......
I thought all the rainbow colors on the Flutter By's in the Buttons, and the Ribbon really stood out with that White Card Back. I do not normally do so much white space because well I feel like part of what makes homemade cards so great is all the color you do not get from the mostly white store bought cards. However lately I have seen a ton of cards with lots or mostly white space and they are very cool, or pretty so I decided to give it a go!!!
.......
So you have to go over to Danni's Blog and see the wonderful creation she has for us this week and also check out all of my fellow Fluttering Team members!!! Some of the girls I am on more than one team with and I really enjoy them so much!!!
.......
Flutter By Wednesday's Featured Stampers Team:

.......

......
Well I hope you are having a Stampendous Wednesday, I can not believe the week is half over already!!! I hope you enjoy the Flutter by cards and if you want to play along leave Danni and the rest of us (if you want to)a link to your creation so we can check it out and leave you some love!!!! If you upload to SCS or PCP please use Keyword/tags FBW!!!!
.......
.......
Lastly Shannon one of my fellow Etsy Inspired DT girls is up for the MFT Idol award so head to her blog and then to MFT to vote for your favorite MFT idol!!! Good Luck Shannon!!!
.......
Heather

24 comments:

jami {sgtStamper} said...

Oh wow Heather, this is so gorgeous! What a fun way to do the ribbon, and I love all those colorful butterflies!

I think the white space looks great - makes a beautiful backdrop to those butterflies!!
hugs...

Regina said...

I don't even know what else to say. WOW!!!!!!!! Heather! This is just STUNNING!!! I love all the wonderful details you've included!


That is just wonderful and such an accomplishment! I'm not surprised for reaching 17.000 hits in such a short time as your cards are always fab and inspirational!
hugs Regina

Cathy said...

Heather, this is just amazing!! I love the ribbon and all those butterflies. Very cute!!

Please check your email=)

Hugs, Cathy

Ashley said...

Super cute Heather!

Kerry said...

What a fun, colorful card! The butterflies are beautiful and I love the rainbow of ribbons going down the sides of the card!

Maria said...

Wow, your card looks stunningly beautiful Heather. . .I love all the butterflies and pretty buttons. The colors are so vibrant!

Wow, 17,000 hits! Awesome. Well, you're not only creative. . you're a sweet person so it's no wonder you quickly have so many hits!! Keep up the great work!!

Maria

Michelle said...

I love how you put a small pic of the card you are about to reveal - I saw it and instantly said WOW. I could tell it was going to be a beauty and I was soooo right! LOVE all the color and all the details. The ribbon on the sides is cool - I never thought of doing ribbon like that.

It's just a fun happy card - really great! Nice job with the buttons. I think it was a fun challenge to use them as most of us have tons of them (I know I do) and don't always remember to use them :o)

Congrats again on the 6 month anniversary - 17000 hits is AMAZING!!

Emily said...

I love bright colors on white!!! Of course, that is my house colors...plus brown :) It's a very cute mix, I'll have to give something like this a try for myself!!!

Ann Kranitz said...

Wow!! So Fun! I love what you did with your ribbon and the colors are great!!

Tanya said...

Very fun card!

Cassie said...

I could stare at this ALL DAY HEATHER!! (hint, hint)

I can NOT get over that ribbon border!!!! How creative!! I've never seen anything like that before! It's sooo cool! And your butterflies are lovely and so perfectly cut - even the antennae!! Can you IMAGINE how awesome it would be to have that many colorful butterflies flying around you?

Great post- congrats on the blogoversary and the hits!!

You are always a ray of sunshine in my day Heather!! I sent you a little something today - and after it was packaged and on it's merry way with hubby, I realized that it used a bit of Br---. OOps! Regardless, I hope it brings you some joy - and feel free to rip that yucky Br--- flower off and throw it away when it gets there!

Kristie said...

WOW! Your card is amazing. I just love the rainbow of butterflies and how you used the ribbon.

Jodi said...

Very pretty! I love all the bright colors and how the butterflies are all over the card!! It really looks like so much fun!
Hugs,
Jodi =)

WickedPixie said...

I love the rainbow colors and all of the butterflies! Very cool use of the ribbon!

Thanks so much for the link (in my TGF gallery) to Color to Paper! I have been drooling over her coloring of hair, and trying to figure out if she had a blog, because you are right, she is amazing! (You are too!)
;-) Traci

Tasha Hickert said...

The butterflies are really pretty. I like all the colors. And, lucky me, I will actually get to see it in person! (Assuming you don't send it to some one first-lol.)

Danni said...

Wow!! Wow!! and Wow!! This is truly amazing!! Wow!! I love it! All the bright colors, the different textures...wow!! This is gorgeous! Way to really go the distance on this card/challenge!! Awesome!

gracieb said...

Hi Heather! Wow! I love the butterflies! The different colors really makes them stand out! I like the placement of the ribbons and buttons. Great job! TFS! =)

~ gracie

Summerthyme Studio said...

Wow! You have a lot going on in that card! Must have taken you a long time to make it!

Good work!


Vicki

Kimmie0270 said...

Love how bright and cheery it is. The "colony" or whatever a butterfly family is of butterflies looks awesome!

Jackie said...

Wow! I love all the butterflies Heather! Your card is beautiful...have you ever made a card that wasn't?!! You did a fab job here and tsmfs!!!

Heather said...

This is beautiful! I love the rainbow color scheme and of coarse the butterflies! We are a little rainbow obsessed here at our house. Annabelle colors everything she can in rainbow colors. I actually have a rainbow card scheduled to post on my blog tomorrow! Your card is fabulous, I love it!!!

Cindy said...

This is a great card, Heather...The primary colors are wonderful. You can see the time and effort that went into making. You are well rewarded with a beautiful card! tfs

the whimsical butterfly said...

Wow! Ok, so you're going to frame this then and send it to me? Problem is I won't give you my address.... LOL!! JK JK.... ;)

This is amazing, Heather!

Janna said...

Wow, heather this card is amazing! I actually really like all the different elements you incorporated the happy rainbow you made. I completley understand about the picture not turning out the way the card looks in person. That is just so so frustrating. i know this looks amazing!!! The shading ont he butterflies is beautiful!!! I can't believe you and I have been blogging for six months already. That is amazing. Time sure does fly when you are having fun! i am so glad I met you! You always give me such great ideas!

Smiles
janna