Saturday, March 7, 2009

Etsy Inspired Eight Challenge Time!!!

Expressing You
Etsy Inspiration Challenge
Good Morning Bloggers and Stampers!!!
.......
Are you here to see this weeks Etsy Challenge?
.......
Well Ashley gave us DT girls a great shop this week. It is a Vinal Wall Art Shop, and as SU has started carrying our De core' Elements Vinyl Wall Art line I have really gotten into the things you can do with it!!! No painting, no Wall Paper, no real work you just order it and put it on your wall with a popsicle stick like applicator and when you are done with it you take it down no hassle, no left over mess!!!!
.......
So Expressingly Yours this weeks store had lots of inspiration to choose from and I found two things right away that I wanted to make cards from!!!
1.) I love my SU set Wild about You, and so I wanted to make a card using her Vinyl Art called Wild 4 You as my inspiration piece.
2.) I got my Greeting Farm Fairy's in this week and I have been dying to color them up!!! So when I saw the 2nd picture I immediately thought of my Fairy's!!!!
.......
Well I got my SU card done, but the Fairy Card is only partially done as I had to spend the majority of my week getting ready for our 50 Cards in one evening workshop that is tonight. Our meaning Me, Emily, and Tasha my two SU Down lines and friends. I finished 3 more cards for it that I will be sharing tomorrow!!!
.......
Expressing You Etsy Shop - Etsy Inspired Challenge #26
.......
The Etsy Inspired Design Team:

.......

.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
Taylor Usry (March Guest Designer)
.......
Don't forget to check out all the other DT members blogs for the great Inspiration pieces they made as well!!! We have some major talent on this team and I love what they all come up with!!!
.......
So Above is the picture of the Zoo Animals Wall Art and it is called Wild 4 You, Below is the Card I made using SU set Wild about You.
I used SU CS in Soft Sky, Purely Pomegranate, Pumpkin Pie, Wild Wasabi, Basic Black, and Whisper White. I used the Spiral Punch to make the film strip with the Animals on it!!! Now the picture above is the picture that made me think of my new cute little Fairy's, but I did not have time to get the Card done so I am showing you my Fairy's all colored up with my copics and ready to go on my card I have half done!!!! LOL!!!! The Flowers totally made me think of the Fairy's wings!!!! Are they not adorable????? I can not wait to finish the card and share it next week!!!!
.......
Well I better head off to bed now tomorrow will be a jam packed day with the workshop and all. The workshop is from 6pm to 10pm in the past we have been there from like 3:30pm to midnight setting up, doing the workshop, and then tearing down and getting the church back and ready for Sunday morning. (We usually have these workshops at my Church)
.......
This workshop we had 8 ladies sign up. In past years we always had 20 to 25 people come so not sure what was different this year if the cards were not as well liked, or if the dates were bad dates??? You can go here and see our web site and the two workshops we are having as our "Big Huge SAB workshops" (50 Beautiful Cards in one Evening) and (Complete a 24 page 12 - 2 page layouts Scrapbook in 1 evening)
Go to www.stamp-and-create.com to see our samples and lots about "Us"!!! :-)
.......
Well I hope you play along and get your chance to win this weeks Etsy Prize!!! All you have to do is:
1.) Go to the Etsy Shop, pick out an inspiration piece.
2.) Make a Card of Project using your Inspiration piece
3.) Leave a link to your card on Ashley's Blog under this week's Etsy Post by Noon next Friday March, the 13th!!!
.......
Have a Stampendous Day!!!!!
.......
Heather

15 comments:

Juliana said...

Hello Heather you are so busy you must be so tired!! just sayind hello and letting you know how much I love everything you do XX
Juliana

Emily said...

Great...now I want the Fairies....thanks a lot!!!! I love the wild about you card...that would have been good for the work shop...maybe next year, see you tonight.

Ashley said...

What super cute creations Heather! I can't wait to see your fairy card when it's finished! Totally cute!

Kerry said...

Very cute card...love the little film strip! I have had my eyes on that set for awhile. Also, your coloring on those fairies is fabulous...can't wait to see the card you created!

Tiff said...

SUPER cute card!!!

Jackie said...

Love your card Heather! it's really cute...I need to try the film strip thing!! Those fairies are adorable too...love the coloring on them! tfs!!!!!

Shannon said...

Great cards!!!! And the little fairies are really sweet.

Kimmie0270 said...

You always do such amazing work. And I LOVE the colors you always choose!

Lindsay Spencer said...

Way cute cards. I love those fairies. So cute!

Cathy said...

Really cute stuff Heather!! I love the colors and I can't wait to color my fairies!!

Hugs, Cathy

Danni said...

What a cute card and I can't wait to see what you do with the fairies!! Fun!

jami {sgtStamper} said...

Awesome wild animals card - love how you used the film strip. And I LOVE those fairies!! I think they are next on my list to buy...

Janna said...

Heather,

I love, love, love this card!!!! Wow! It is so that wall art!! You did a fantastic job with those adorable animals and that film strip punch!! too, too cute!! The perfect card for a kid!!

And those faires are beautiful!! You colored them up so well!!! They are gorgeous and I can hardly wait to see the card you create with them.

I bet it was a bad date that kept them away. The cards were so cute!! I really wish I could have come! It looked like so much fun!!!

Smiles,
janna

Maria said...

Hi Heather! Sounds like you had a busy week! Love what you did with the "wild about you" card. I haven't seen that set for such a long time. . .love all the pretty colors that you used. I love the SU Decor Elements. . .I have a few word art on my wall and a few of the flower images, It just makes my craft room look so stylish! LOL!

Aww, those GF fairies are the stinkin' cutest! I just love all the GF images. . .you colored them so beautifully with such pretty colors. Can't wait to see the cards you create with them!!

Maria

Michelle said...

You're wild about you card is AWESOME!! I really like the film strip! and your fairies are BEAUTIFUL! I can't wait to see the finish card either, LOL!