Saturday, March 14, 2009

Etsy Challenge DT Sample - Shapes and Trees - A Pink Cat Studio and SUStampation

An Etsy Inspiration Challenge - Trmackstudio's Shop
Good Morning All!!!!,
.......
.......
So Today is Saturday and Saturday's for The Etsy Inspired Eight which I am lucky to be a part of, means we get to go to this weeks Etsy Shop and pick an inspiration, then make a card or project from it, and then post it.
.......
What you get to do is go visit the Etsy Shop too, pick an inspiration piece and then make your card or project inspired from the shop. Then go back to Ashley's blog (our Etsy Leader) and leave a link to your project. This week our shop is TRMACKSTUDIO'S Shop. However our prize comes from Pez a Doodle Designs shop. I hear it is a great prize so you will want to play along this week!!!! Have your card or project done and linked on Ashleys blog by next Friday March 20th 12 Noon and you will be entered to win the Etsy Prize for this week!!!! Yea!!!!!
.......
So this shop has all kinds of different prints and such you can buy. Most of them have geometric or circle shapes in them with some sort of tree image too. I picked these 5 as the pieces I liked the most, but the Purple one was the one I finally ended up going with for my Inspiration piece.
.......

Below is the print I choose to use for my Etsy Inspiration piece for this week's Etsy #27 Challenge!!!!

......

So Here is my Card for today. I picked out of the picture the SU colors Perfect Plum, Basic Gray, Mellow Moss, Elegant Eggplant, and Bordering Blue. So I got out those card stocks, and then I got out my SU 1 3/8", 1 1/4" 1" and 3/4" circle punches. Some one is borrowing my 1/2 inch punch right now so I could not use that one or I would have had it in her too!!! LOL!!!
I made all the different Circle combinations and such and then placed them on the paper how I wanted them and then started picking them up and gluing them one by one(with the SU square glue sticks). I matted the Perfect Plum card back in Basic Gray as well.
.......
I got out my Limitless Limbs set from Pink Cat Studio and stamped up the rounded flourishes tree twice and the Circle tree once in Moment Black Ink. Cutting them out took a really long time, but I had to do it so you could see all the circles I had worked so hard on!!!! LOL!!!!
.......
Then I glued the Trees on with a few SU glue dots placed strategically on the back of the trees so they would be adhered to the card yet still "pop" up off the paper as well!!
.......
So there you have it. Today's Etsy Eight Inspiration DT piece for this week. I hope you like it. I decided not to add any ribbon or anything embellishy on because I wanted to stay true to the Inspiration piece for the week. It was fun to make!!!!
.......
Now you need to go see all the other Etsy Eight DT girls blogs and see what they have for us this week!!!! They are a wonderfully talented group of girls so I am sure they will Wow you again this week. You can also check out Ashley's blog, and Taylor Ursy our guest designer for the next few months, I am sure their samples will Rock as well!!!!
.......
The Etsy Inspired Design Team:
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......

Well of course Me too, but you do not need a link to me you are already here!!! LOL!!!!!

.......
Well I guess that is all for this week, I hope you decide to play along Inspiration challenges are so much fun!!!!! Oh and don't forget to check out Skater Dude Ian. Sorry I was just excited on how he turned out!!!! You know how it is when an idea in your head comes to paper like you planned it is exciting!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!
.......
Have a Stampendous Saturday everyone!!!!! My girls will be home in a few house and as I have not seen them in 6 days (they were at the farm 3 hours away with Marvin's parents to spend spring break with Grandma and Poppy.) I can not believe the 10 day spring break is almost over!!!! I have sure been missing them!!!!
.......
Heather

22 comments:

jami {sgtStamper} said...

Oh my - love those fun prints - and I just love your inspired card!! Those trees are just perfect and I love all those dots!!!!

Emily said...

maybe I can't type as much b/c I say it all to you!!!! LoL!!! Plus you have sooooo many people saying what I would say I get typers block!!!! I thought you were comming over last night, Did I miss your call again while we were out in the spa????? It's ironic that I always call you when your downstairs and you always call when were spa in it!!! Another reason is b/c I usually check yours while @ work and...I have to be very quick!!!! I don't want to get fired!!!xxxxxx is that hugs??? I've forgotten.....please forgive me :(

Regina said...

What a gorgeous card, absolutely perfect!

Jackie said...

Fabulous card Heather and love the colors you used! nicely done as always and tfs!!!

Jacqueline said...

Beautiful card Heather!! matches the print wonderfully!!

Tiff said...

Look at all that careful cutting!!!! YOU GO GIRL! Your card is too sweet!

The Lucky Clucker said...

Wowzers!! What a lot of cutting - for a wonderful effect! Beautiful!! (is your hand all cramped up? lol!)

the whimsical butterfly said...

This is adorable, Heather! I Love it! you did a great job creating it to resemble your inspiration piece and love all that purple...this is so great!

Ashley said...

What a fun card Heather! I was hoping someone would use this PCS set, I think it's perfect for the challenge! I love the dots and the fun colors! Awesome job!

Shannon said...

Wow!!! I love all the dots! And the stamps are perfect for that print. Great, great job!!!

Danni said...

Another fun card!!

Tasha Hickert said...

I like this a lot! The colors are really pretty and it definitely pays tribute to the inspiration piece. Nice job! Also, I see you got 18 comments on skater Ian--woo hoo!

Lindsay Spencer said...

So cute!!! I love this weeks Etsy store, it's so fun.

Kerry said...

What a fun card! Love the colors and all those circles! :)

Maria said...

Hey Heather! Wow, love all the geometrical shapes on your card and great choice with the pretty tree. Wow, you did a lot of cutting . . it turned out fabulous!!

Love the purple colors mixed with green. Such a beautiful color combo!!

Maria

Heather "Hev" said...

What awesome designs to choose from - I wouldve picked the top one I think :)

Awesome interpretation Heather :)

Summerthyme Studio said...

This one is very funky as well! Pretty Colours!


V

Summerthyme Studio said...

This one is very funky as well! Pretty Colours!


V

Shelly said...

I love how your card came out, Heather. Perfection!!!

de said...

Heather, this is beautiful! This is such a fun store to be inspired by! Thanks for your nice comment on my entry!

Tonya said...

Very creative and beautiful card, Heather.

Thank you so much for welcoming me to the team. >:0) I look forward to working with you and getting to know you.

Have a fabulous night.

Janna said...

Wow, wow, wow Heather!!! Seriously!!! This is so amazing!!! I love the circles you used and the way you put the trees over them! I so would have never have thought of that!! What a great idea and the colors you chose all work so well together! Simply amazing!! It is so reminiscent of the inspiration piece! Great job!

I bet you missed the girls! They are so sweet and I am sure they missed you as well!

smiles,
janan