Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Twinkling Tuesdays with a twist- Temporary Twinkie Guest Sketch Designer - Our Piper Girl!!!!

"Piper's First Card Sketch" - Guest Designer for Madelynn's TT
Hi All,
........
Well you all may wonder where I have been for the last 4-5 days. I did not plan to be gone that long or that much, but Friday was spent getting ready for our big SU workshop, and then Saturday was the Garage Sale (Which went really well and we booked 4 SU! workshops off of!!! So Yea!!!!) and then I had the kiddo's to watch the rest of the day, and then Sunday Tucker was not feeling well with diarrhea and a slight fever so he and I stayed home from church. So I hope you hung in there with me and knew I would be back soon!!!
.......
Today, - Monday I had to have a Molar Pulled out. Long story short 2 years ago that tooth had been root canaled and then crowned and they did not get all the infection and decay out when they did that work so for 2 years it has been decaying under the crown and the tooth fell out around New Years. It was too far gone to save so they re-glued the crown in until they could pull the whole tooth our today and then in two weeks they will begin work for a Bridge. Which really sucks for me because of their mistake I get to pay to crown 2 teeth that did not need it so we can create a bridge for the tooth they messed up on!!!! Oh they are willing to pay for the tooth they screwed up, but not the two that I now have to crown to fix their mistake. Maybe if they had listened to me 6 months ago when I told them that tooth was hurting and they told me it could not be because it was root canaled and crowned then they would have been able to catch this sooner???? Instead they told me I needed to have the tooth next to it root canalled instead which I did not do because I knew it was this tooth that hurt not the one next to it like they were trying to tell me!!!
.......
If I was a more confrontational person I would tell them I think they should pay for all 3 since they made the mistake, but since they offered to pay for the one they messed up on, I kept my mouth shut and now I am brooding about it!!! Sorry had to vent for just a second there!!! LOL!!!!
......
So anyway today was mostly spent resting from the pain and being so tired from the trauma???
So I did not get to do a card until tonight, but I just had to do my Twinkling Tuesday Card because this is the first week for a Temporary Twinkie and guess who gets to be the first one???
.......
Yep you probably already guessed right from my Title, but it is my 6 year old daughter Piper. She is so so excited she got to draw the sketch for all the Twinkling Tuesday Design Team ladies to make cards for!!! She can not wait to get home from school tomorrow to see all the creations!!!
.......
So here is the Sketch Piper drew. It is a doozy, but I had fun making my card with it!!!
.......
I told the other girls at age 6 I am not sure she knew what a sketch like this would take to make the card for it!!! She had a blast with it though!!! One of the first week's of Madelynn's Twinkling Tuesdays Sketch Challenge (The 8 year old little girl who normally draws this sketch and her own DT and Blog). Madelynn drew an X in the sketch. Piper loved it and so she wanted to incorporate that into her sketch and she also wanted to incorporate something she saw me to lately which was to take a corner rounder and round 2 corners and leave the opposite diagonal corners squared so that is what she did with layer 2 and layer 3 of the sketch.

.......

Here is my Card for Piper's Sketch.

Here is the full card. I used Only Orange, Rose Red, DSP from an old Hostess Set Simply Scrappin pack that I have always loved but never used until this card, and the card stock stickers from that Simply Scrappin Pack are the flowers. The packs main colors are Tempting Turquoise, Pumpkin Pie, Certainly Celery, and Rose Red, with a little Only Orange, and So Saffron, and Chocolate Chip thrown it. So I choose to run with some of those colors to get my Card.

.......

A while back Janna sent me a bunch of Sugar Nellies and this was one of them. I loved the one with the little girl and her stick horse because my girls play with my stick horse from when I was a little girl all the time. Tomorrow I will have to go through and find some pictures of them playing with that horse and add them on here.

.......

So I colored the horse and girl and scene up with my Copics and SU Markers and cut it out and mounted it onto the Green Heart. If you look hard you will see I ended up leaving one of Piper's layers off and changed the little hearts around the card into the flower card stock stickers I added around the scene.

.......

Well my tooth is hurting and I have got to get to bed, but I wanted my Twinkling Tuesday post to be on here for Piper since she got the Honor of being the first Temporary Twinkie Guest Designer for Madelynn!!!! Thanks Madelynn and Jessica Piper is on top of the world excited all week about this!!!!!

.......

Do not forget to check out Madelynn's own personal Twinkling Tuesday Blog (normally I would link it, but I am so tired and my tooth is really hurting so I need to get this post done and get to bed) You can get to Madelynn's blog from the above link to Madeylnn's talented Mommy's blog The Whimsical Butterfly, to see the featured stamper this week, and look at my side bar to visit all the other incredibly talented in every way Design Team of Madelynn's to see what they did with the sketch too!!! I know Piper can not wait until she gets home from school to see herself!!!! If you play along this week do not forget to use Key word or Tag on PCP or SCS MTTSC9 so we can all check out your creations!!!

.......

Oh and if you want to leave a comment for Piper I will read them all to her tonight after school!!!

.......

Heather

21 comments:

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

sorry to hear about your teeth...I really dislike going to the dentist - always need something done! And I hope Tucker is feeling better!

Piper sure gave us a doozy of a sketch this week!! I love what you've done - your coloring is awesome - you've really got a good handle on those new copics girl!!! And I love all those little flowers!! I finished my card, just need to photo and upload...

Kimmie0270 said...

Hope your feeling better. Piper you did a great job with that sketch! I LOVED using it. Heather - LOVE your card!

Summerthyme Studio said...

That is a gorgeous Sketch Piper!!!! I would say very fancy for your first one!!!!! Mommy did a great job making a card with it don't you think....... I also really like the way you coloured in your sketch. It makes it very easy to see the layers!

Great Work!

Heather I hope that you feel better soon!

Vicki

Danni said...

Feel better! I've been thinking about you and wondering if you were okay!
Love your card! So, so cute!!

Bonnie (eggette) said...

So sweet and colourful! Congratulations Piper and thanks for that sketch - really had to think on this one!! Hope you are feeling better Heather - that sucks big time!

Janna said...

Oh Heather, I am sorry about the tooth! I am glad that the extracting is over with though and now you can get the bridge put in and hopefully be done with everything! Wow, though, you created such an awesome card with this sketch and your coloring is incredible!!!!!! Wow, wow, wow! I love the layers and the way you did the punches in the corners! You so rocked this! Hope you are feeling better so we can chat today!

Smiles and hugs,
janna

Janna said...

Oh Heather, I am sorry about the tooth! I am glad that the extracting is over with though and now you can get the bridge put in and hopefully be done with everything! Wow, though, you created such an awesome card with this sketch and your coloring is incredible!!!!!! Wow, wow, wow! I love the layers and the way you did the punches in the corners! You so rocked this! Hope you are feeling better so we can chat today!

Smiles and hugs,
janna

Janna said...

Hi Piper!

I loved your sketch! It was so creative and so much fun to work with! I can't believe you came up with it! I can't create sketches and trust me I am way older that you! You are such an amazing little girl and I am so glad you were our guest designer this week! I hope you come up with some more sketches and have your mommy send them to me!

smiles and hugs,
janna

Cathy said...

Hi Heather,
Sorry about your troubles. I hope you are all feeling better soon. I was worried about you and was going to check on you today.

Love your card, so very cute. Piper did a great job iwth her sketch.

Hugs, Cathy

Cassie said...

Piper - I am so glad you really challenged us this week with your sketch! I hope you enjoy what I did with it! Thanks for being such a great Temporary Twinkie!

Heather - this is gorgeous!! Seriously girl, the coloring is amaaaaazing!! And I love all the bright happy colors and how you did the criss-cross!!

I hope you feel better soon - that totally stinks about your tooth!

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Hi Heather, hope you are feeling better, beautiful card so bright and vibrant. Piper did a great job with the sketch. Hugs Nikki x

Paula said...

Piper....grandma thinks your sketch is amazing just like I think YOU are amazing....

Maria said...

Hey Heather! ARggh, those dentist. . .they scare me. They're like demons! LOL! I remember in high school, I had a tooth done and they did not numb me well enough. The dentist kept drilling and drilling and I was squirming in pain. . .I thought they were killing me. He should of known that I wasn't numb enough but nope, the demon kept working on me! Since then, I'm deathly afraid of the demon dentist! I still can feel the pain (memory) from that episode and I am now severely traumatized!!

Anyway. . .sorry for the drama. I'm sorry about your tooth. I would have tried to bargain further with them. . .in a nice way, they usually will try to work something out with you. Hope you feel better soon. . .on the happy side, with a bridge, you will never have to worry about a root canal on that tooth. . .well, of course not, it's gone! LOL!

Love your card and all the pretty colors. Piper did such a BEAUTIFUL job on her sketch, she should do more sketches. It looks like a tough layout but very well put together!! She deserves a pat on her back!!

Maria

Emily said...

Love the colors...I need to try the layout...lots of layers for me :p

the whimsical butterfly said...

You poor thing! Janna told me you were all muffled the other day talking to her....gosh I rememebr those days when I had a bad wisdom tooth! UGH! Hope you get to feeling better soon girl!!!

As for your card, it's so cute! LOVE the sugar nellies...Janna is getting me into them too LOL! VERY cute and love the bright colors.

Piper-you ROCKED our sketch challenge this week! I am SOOO glad your Mom told me you were interested and we would LOVe to have you back someday! You are a very talented, creative girl and I wish your Mom and I lived closer so we could stamp, of course, but also so you could play with Madelynn. She loved your sketch too and says you are welcome to do this again sometime!

As for the TT, we all were challenged and loved having you as our Temporary Twinkie! You are awesome ,sweetie!!!

Carolyn Bounds said...

Heather, I am sooo sorry to hear about your dentist debacle!! How terrible!!!! I hope you are on the mend. You did an incredible job on this fabulous card!!!! I love the vibrant, summery colors, and your coloring is phenomenal!!! Such a fun and cheerful card!!!! You know I love it...A LOT:o)

Piper, you are AMAZING and oh so TALENTED!!!! I wish I could make such lovely sketches. Wanna come teach me? Or maybe, you and mommy will be able to send me some of your future sketches to play with...because I love this one bunches!!! I especially loved all the hearts on the sketch, and the way you colored them so beautifully. I hope you like the card I made with your sketch. I plan to make another one for later this week. Thank you for sharing your wonderful talent with the rest of us:o)

Hugs!
Carolyn

Shonda said...

Glad to see you back :) So sorry to hear about your dental problems and that Mr. Tucker was down :(

Wow!!!! Piper's sketch is amazing. I think it is so neat that she gets to demonstrate her creative juices like this and then to see everyone's cards!

Regina said...

Hi, Heather
Oje, the bad tooth! I hope you are feeling better.
Your card is so great! It's so colourful! I love this sweet image, I have never seen.

Regina said...

Hi Piper!
your sketch is so fantastic! It is a great challenge for the cardmakers! Please, little sweet, would you like to creating a sketch every week?
In the next day I would like to creating a card to your sketch.

Regina from Germany

Tanya said...

WOW!!! Go Piper!!! She did great, and your card is so fun!
I know my kids both love to stamp, my boy has been for three years now, funny, huh? :)

Rebecca Ednie said...

great card! I loved doing the sketch so say thanks to Piper for me.