Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Twinkling Tuesday's Time - K-State Power Cat Football

Go K-State!!!
Hello,
.......
Well I am sorry I am late posting today, life is keeping me away from stamping!!! LOL!!!
.......
Today is Tuesday and that means it is time for Madelynn's Twinkling Tuesday Sketch Challenge!!!
Madelynn is a little 8 year old girl and she draws some amazing sketches that we her DT team get to create cards from. It is a blast to be part of this wonderful group of woman on the MTT team. So make sure you go check out all their creations as well!!!
.......
So Here is Madelynn's sketch from this week. She took it easy on us from Piper's doozy of a sketch last week!!!
.......
This sketch was really fun to do, and I can tell you the minute I saw it I immediately thought of the Anya and Ian Cheerleader and Football player I had already inked up in K-State colors. Those of you not from Kansas might not know this but the two biggest Colleges in Kansas that are both in the Big 12 are Kasas State University (K-State) and Kansas University (KU). My Husband went to K-State so we are big K-Staters and so our colors run Purple and Silver for K-State. I bought this K-State 12 x 12 patterned papers a couple of years ago and had not done anything with it yet, and I will tell you I butchered the heck out of it to make this card too!!! I cut bits and pieces out of 3 different Patterned Papers while making this card!!!! I was so wishing Tasha my next door neighbor/good friend/ SU down line was home so I could borrow her K-State Power Cat stamp!!!!!!
.......
Here is what I came up with for my take on Madelynn's great sketch this week!!!
The purples are not showing quite the IRL colors, but that is O.K. I guess You usually see K-State colors in a Royal Bright Purple we have lots of K-State clothes and accessories in our lives!!! .......
.......
Here is the Power Cat K-States Mascot.
.......

Anya and Ian as a K-State Football players and Cheerleader

.......

So that is My tribute both to Madelynn's Twinkling Tuesday Sketch Challenge, and K-State this card will of course go to my Hubby our Huge K-State Fan most of our Neighbors are K-State fan's, but there are a few KU fans around which is sad!!!! LOL!!!

.......

Well Marvin was back to work today and Willow and Tucker have been having a blast playing and destroying my house for me to fix in a while!!!! They are having so much fun right now and Tucker who is 19 months old is really in a destructive mode at the moment. Uggggghhhhhh I miss my baby girls they did not get into things or mess things up!!!! He is into everything every minute which makes it hard for me to do much of anything but trail behind him cleaning the trail of destruction!!!! LOL!!!!

.......

Today I still need to finish my Challenge card for The Pink Cat Studio Group on PCP that I issued yesterday, and I need to get my Flutter By Wednesday Challenge done too!!!

......

So wish me luck, and have a Stampendous Day!!! Don't forget to check out Madelynn's New Blog today's Featured Twinklette is my good friend Janna and she made a great card for you this week, and I hope you play along in the challenge too!!! If you do please leave us a link on the Twinkling Blog and we can check out your Wonderful creations!!!!! Check out all these amazing stampers creations as well!!!!

.......

.......

The "Twinkle Team"

Bonnie Sharp

.......

Cassie Larson

.......

Christi Thorsen

.......

Danni Bindel

.......

Debbie Lee

.......

Jacquie Peifer

.......

Jami Bova

.......

Janna Hull

.......

Jennifer Greco

.......

Jessica Diedrich

.......

Kim Ross

.......

Kimmie Doktor

.......

Rebecca Ednie

.......

Sandra McLean

.......

Taylor Usry

.......

Heather Schlatter (Me)

.......

Heather

25 comments:

Danni said...

Adorable card! So fun!! You are just so clever, I'd never dream of this!

Cathy said...

Heather,

This is so cute!! Love the idea and the coloring!! Great job!

Smiles,
Cathy

Tanya said...

Oh this is CUUUTE!
Lucky you, my girl was a LOT more mischeivious than my son because he was there to give her 'bad' ideas! LOL!

Tanya said...

Oh this is CUUUTE!
Lucky you, my girl was a LOT more mischeivious than my son because he was there to give her 'bad' ideas! LOL!

Sandra MacLean said...

Heather!! This is such a creative card!! I love how you incorporated the college emblem on your card and used the college colors so well! Great job Heather! Oh, and your little boy sounds just like my 3.5 yr old girl! She's into everything and will have our teeny apartment ransacked in a matter of minutes! She doesn't call them messes; she calls them 'projects'!

the whimsical butterfly said...

Wow girl this is ADORABLE!!!!

I am SOOOO loving the Anya and Ian card w/ the fun KS logo...how cool! Hope you're feeling well and yeah, it's been a carzy (as in Janna carzy) day here too...getting into everthing is RIGHT! Glad you got to play...love it! xoxo

Madelynn said...

HI this is Madelynn :) your card is SO Cute! Thank you for playuing my sketch and tell Piper I said hi :)

Christi said...

OMG girl!!!! This is fantastic!!!

Tina said...

Super cute!

jami {sgtStamper} said...

Love this!! You and I both did quarterback Ian...how funny! I like your colors much better!! And I love how you staggered the panels!!! Glad you got some time to stamp! hugs...

Bonnie (eggette) said...

Oh my goodness!! Between you and Jami, you have the football season all lined up!! Gorgeous and way to go using purple!! Not my favorite colour but oh so cute here!!

Jacquie said...

Heather,
Your card is AWESOME!!! I LOVE it!! I haven't tried to use both Anya & Ian on the same card yet!! It is PERFECT!!! The colors are GREAT; the coloring matches perfect too!! I had to post my card at, like 7am, before I went to work!! Now, tonight I NEED to visit everyone!! So glad I stopped by and I think I already said this, but, I LOVE your kids names!! Hope you are well!!! Take care and I can't WAIT to see what you make next!!!

neverenoughrubberstamps said...

Great Cards! Love the purples!

Some nice BLOG CANDY over at my blog house!

Spread the word!
Do Hurry!

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Oh you are sure rocking these stamps Heather. I just love your card and such a great layout and design! Gorgeous colouring and just so fun. Big Hugs, Nikki x

Janna said...

Absolutely awesome!!! I just love this card heather! You did such a great job with the colors and Ian and Anya are colored to perfection!!! Truly awesome!!! I love big K state cat too! The perfect touch! the only problem is everyone knows that KU is way better than K state! Get it right! LOL!!

Smiles,
janna

Jennifer (SCS: jennifer-g) said...

Heather - OMG!!!! Seriously!!!! What a fantabulous take on this sketch! I love love what you did here. On top of all that your coloring is amazing. The Anya and Ian on the panels is genius. You rocked this one girl!

Kim said...

Your card is so cute. I LOVE it!!! The purples are so pretty.

Cassie said...

i knew from the title i was going to love this card heather!! i'm a jayhawk by birth!!! and an uncle who went to k-state that janna doesn't know what she's saying!!! LOL!!!

Cassie said...

i hit enter too soon! LOL!!
i think this is a perfect take on the sketch!!

Maria said...

Hey Heather! You sound like you are going to have a busy week! Lots of crafting it sounds like! How fun!! LOve your card. . .gosh, the iamges are so adorable and as always, you did such a lovely job coloring the images. Love the purple color too! Awesome job on the sketch!!

Maria

Emily said...

LOVE YOU CHEERLEADERS!!!! GO KSU!!!

Regina said...

Wow, this is just stunning!!! GORGEOUS!!
This is the new award for K-State!!!!

Michelle said...

Ok this is the best card in the entire world!!! Of course, it doesn't hurt that I'm a K-State fan!! You are so creative!!

It's great to see other K-State fans. We have a few in our neighborhood but our next door neighbors are KU fans and they said they were a little nervous to have wildcat fans living so close, lol!

Your football player & cheerleader are so adorable!! You should make the cheerleader into a pin so you can wear it to all the KSU games!! How cool would you be!!! I know I'd think you were!!

Debbie Lee said...

Great card - love the cheerleader Anya & football player Ian... and did I mention purple is my fave color?!! :)

Lindsay said...

I saw this on TGF's blog and its great!!! and wanted to stop by and let you know that I love it!