Monday, February 16, 2009

A special Valentines Day Card for the Hubby! - My Favorite Things

"I'm Maid For You"
Hello again!!!
.......
Well yesterday I had my Monthly stampers club and I will take pictures of our projects later to show you, but anyhow I made this card on Saturday for my Husband. In the morning along with the cards I had made for the kids I gave him this card.
.......
Later that day though when the kids were fast asleep I gave him this card I had made him.
.......
I specifically bought this stamp set to make this card for him on Valentines Day. I had fun paper piecing the wall paper and drawing the floor however my bag of brown shades of copics were missing when I drew and colored the floor so I had to use my SU Markers to do the floor so it might have looked better if I had had my copics but I still think it turned out O.K.

.......

The first Paper piecing I did for the wall paper I ended up not liking so I paper pieced it again and found this paper. It was all very fitting because Hubby spent the entire weekend painting our basement walls and we have a huge finished basement, Bright Red and Gray. So as I took this card to him while he was on a ladder painting red and gray paint it really worked you know!!!

.......

I know most of you do know what Paper Piecing is, but if you do not what you basically do it stamp your image on white and then again on a patterned paper. Then you cutout the pieces of the image you need for your paper piecing and glue them on the white image and color in the parts of the image you are not paper piecing.

.......

So the wall paper here is actually glued over the layer with all the coloring. Just the things that were colored I cut out of the Wall Paper layer so they would not get covered up on the colored layer. I actually used my friend Janna's idea and drew in the fishnet stalkings and the garters. The fishnets were easy just take your black SU marker and draw diagonal lines one way and then the other way and then take a gray copic and go over the colored skin on her legs to make the black fishnet stalkings.

.......

So I colored the Girl, the TV, the mans legs, and feet, and the Automin with my Copics. Then the rectangle part where the floor is was just one blank outlined rectangle and I drew in all the floor boards and then colored them with my SU Markers.

.......

I used Real Red, Basic Black, and Going Gray card stock on this card and that shimmery shiny ribbon I got at Hobby Lobby.

.......

Now the sentiments for this set are kind of sexy sentiments, but every Hubby deserves a card like that once in a while!!!! Right???

Above is the sentiment I put on the outside and below is the Sentiment on the inside. There is also the sentiment I put at the top of the outside of the card you can see it above in the other pictures.

.......

Needless to say Hubby loved it and even thanked me for it and he usually does not say much to me about my cards so I was glad I made it for him!!!!

.......

Well I better go I have several projects due this week so I need to get some laundry put away and then do some stamping!!!!!

.......

Have a Stampendous Presidents Day!!!! Piper and Willow had school today but Marvin was off work. So he took Willow to Pre-School, and now he is picking her up and taking her out to lunch just the two of them. She will love that!!!

Heather

14 comments:

Regina said...

Your Valentines Card is fun, very good! I love your Paper Piecing! Beautiful scene!!! Great!!!! The sentiments are so fun, I must be smiling!!!!
Heather, do you clean your house in this dress????? Olala!!!!!

Emily said...

hey girl, I heard you call last night but I was half asleep, I've been in bed every night by 10...I don't answer...sorry, I like the card, but I think I'm not a huge fan of the colors, they are more manly colors I think that's it... well better get back to work!!!

Cathy said...

Heather,

Sounds like you had a wonderful Valentine's Day!! Your cards are really cute and I love your floer.

Hugs, Cathy

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Fabulous card for Hubbie Heather and just love the fun sentiments, The paper piecing looks fabulous and love the colour scheme and distressed edge, Hugs, Nikki x

Danni said...

What a fun valentine for your hubby! You did a great job, especially making the wallpaper match your colors in your basement!

Heather said...

OMG, this is the best ever! I love that you gave him both cards! They are both terrific! Your paper piecing is AWESOME!!!!!

Janna said...

Heather I love it!!! The colors are just perfect and you did such a great job of drawing in the floor and stockings!! Nice!! Of course I almost fainted when I saw brown on your card! I have to say I really think that color made your card!!! LOL!

Seriously though this is incredible! I can see why your husband liked it! I hope Willow had a good time and Tucker didn't mind too much!

Smiles,
janna

Ashley said...

What cute cards!

Claudia said...

wow, gorgeous cards, love them. Like the colours and paper piercing.
Thanks for visiting my blog and your lovely comments. Put you in my blogroll, hope that's ok.

Kimmie0270 said...

Your desperate housewife card is awesome. The colors you chose, the distressing, everything about it is so fabulous! Your cards are just amazing, no two ways about it!

Tanya said...

hee hee, I love it! The fishnets are such a great little touch! The paper peicing is awesome too!

jami {sgtStamper} said...

How fun that you gave him two cards! That second one is so sexy with the black and red - I bet he did love it!!
hugs...

Cassie said...

OK - I seriously love that anya/ian card!!! IT'S TOOOO CUTE!!
and the other one turned out great too! you are waayyy more patient than me but the card rocks as a result of all your time and attention to detail!!!

Maria said...

Hey Heather. . .love your Anya card, rated PG card!! LOL! The images are so cute and you did a fabulous job coloring the images.

But. .I LOVE your rated R card! LOL! Too funny. I just love the sentiments. . .they're so fun and I'm sure your husband enjoyed the card.

Love the paper piecing and fish net stockings!! Just a fun card to look at and read too!

Maria