Sunday, February 22, 2009

Purple Angel Anya Sympathy Card

With Sympathy - and Pretty Purple Angels
Good Morning All!!!
.......
O.K. I appologize in advace if you find any mis-spellings. I hit spell check 4 different times and every time it showed no mis-spellings and I have a hard time believing that as fast as I type so if there are some I am sorry I tried!!! LOL!!!!!
.......
Yesterday I had to make a sympathy card for my goodfriend/next door neighbor/SU downline Tasha. Last Sunday her Grandpa died and the funeral was on Thursday. I did not have time to sit down and make the card until Friday, but at least I got one done!!!
.......
My other good friend/SU Downline Emily had pictures of lots of Anya's and Ian's she had laminated on her blog that day and she had done a Princess Anya in all purple including her hair. Emily hates the fact that she spends so much time and care on her Anya's and Ian's that she has decided to laminate them and put a magnet on the back of them so when the person gets ready to throw (GASP!!!!!) the card away they can have a pretty Anya or Ian Magnet for the fridge!!!! That is a great idea I think!!!! I loved the way it looked and wanted to try my hand at an all purple Anya. So instead of the Princess I did the Angel for Tasha's Sympathy card. I have not used any Anya's and Ian's for sympathy cards yet but I thought this Angel Anya would make a pretty card. Tasha is also a huge fan/alumni of K-State so she is a purple girl too!!!
.......
So here is my card. I used SU Cardstocks, Lavendar Lace, Lovely Lilac, Perfect Plum, and Elegant Eggplant, Orchid Opulance, and of course Whisper White for the image. So far I have not had any trouble coloring my Copics on SU paper except with blacks and some browns. I have tried Georgia Pacific, Paper Trey Ink, Neenah, and SU and I actually find the colors are the most true to the real color on SU paper funny huh??? I distressed the Purple layer (Orchid Opulance Paper) her White Circle is on with my Handy Kitchen Steak Knife!!!! LOL, and I edged the white circle with my Elegant Eggplant SU Marker to give it some definition. I usually cut out my images and put them on the paper I want them just how I like to do it, so Anya is Popped up with Stampin Dimensionals and then a couple of the other layers including the sympathy layer is popped up using excess rubber and foam from my stamps.
I sharpened this image up quite a bit so if it showes up a little streaky or coloring seems Fuzzy to you it is really not like that in person!!! The colors are so smooth and pretty in person. I wish we could make all our cards look like they do IRL (in real life) on the internet!!!!! LOL!!!
.......
I stamped her in Momento Black Tuxedo Ink and then Colored her in with R00, E00, E95, and 8 or 9 different BV's and V shades of copics. Her Halo is Y06.
.......
I used Angel Wings and Lilac Shimmers on her Wings, Eye Shadow, and Halo. On her wings I actually painted the whole wing in Angel Wings (ha ha how fitting to do Angel Wings in Angel Wings Shimmerz!!!!). Then I took the Lilac and painted a thin line just inside the black outline of the wings with Lilac Shimmerz. I then took the Lilac Shimmerz and did her eyelashes too. The Halo I shimmered with Beezwax shimmerz. I do not know why, but I could not get a good Shimmerz view like I usually do!!! I turned her at all angles in different light and just did not get one this time. Maybe the lighting was off or somthing!!! You can kind of see the shimmerz on her eyes and the Halo here, but I never did get the wings to show up and that was the prettiest part with the two different shimmerz colors!!!
Look Hard and you can see the Angel Wings and the Lilac Shimmerz on her wings you just can not see the sparkle and shine????
.......
I got out my pearl buttons and wanted to put 3 or 4 of them in the corners either on the Angel Layer or the outside layers but it looked like to much bling for a sympathy card so I just put one Pearl and Silver Button on the top corner and got out my silver shades of Dew Drops and put the silver silver ones on the other 3 corners. That seemed to take less away from what the card was really about.
......
I stamped the Sentiments with my SU Markers Eggplant and Lavendar Lace, and I stamped the Quote Sentiment with Whisper White Craft Su ink and embossed with White SU embossing powder.
.......
I am bad about really doing my insides up Pretty like so many people do (Especially Danni she is awesome about it!!!!) , but I did a little here. I embossed the sentiment the same way and I rounded the two bottom corners with an elegant corner rounder.
.......
Well I guess that is about all for this card. Today we have Church in the A.M. and in the Afternoon I have to do Pipers Birthday invitations!!!! I am so so so sad that my first Baby is going to be 7 years old!!!!! That feels so old it is like she is now leaving her "Little Kid" years behind and starting into her "Big Kid" years!!!! This Birthday is hard on me and she will not be 7 until next Friday at 10pm because I want her to be 6!!!! I always have loved my kids to be little and the older they get the harder it is on me!!!! It goes by so so fast!!! It seems like just yesterday I was pregnant with her and now she is turning 7 that means it was almost 8 years ago we found out we were having our first baby, WOW where does the time go???? Where do the years fly by too??? It has all gone by so fast and I wish I could slow it down!!!! She is almost half way done with her years at home with us!!!! Oh my that is not a good way to look at it!!!!!
.......
So anyway I have to get her invites done and then I need to work on some other projects and really work on getting the house ready for company next weekend for the Birthday Party!!!!
The kids are out of school Thursday and Friday so Piper will not have school on her Birthday so I will take treats to school on Wednesday for her. Need to figure out what I am making for that too!!! It is going to be a busy week, and I also have to figure out what kind of order we have to put in for our SU workshops coming up!!!!! We have to place that order either on Monday or Tuesday Morning!!!!! Tuesday I also have to go in to have the Bridge work started on the tooth I had pulled two weeks ago!!! Thursday we have Parent Teacher Confrences at School for Piper. Willow has the normal Monday, Wednesday, Friday Pre-School this week she is not out any days!!!!
.......
O.K. I have talked your ears off now!!!! I am going to go get started I think I just scared myself typing all of this out because I did not really realize everything that has to be done by next Saturday!!!!! WOW!!!!
.......
Well have a great Sunday and hope you get some Stamping Time in!!!!
.......
Heather

18 comments:

Mariska said...

Wow this is gorgeous Heather and I am loving hte laminating idea. I never knew what I would do with a laminating machine but this is just a perfect reason to buy one :). Thank you for passing on the idea and thank you for showing us this gorgeous card sweetie! I'm sure your neigbour/friend will be touched by this gorgeous creation.

xxx
Mariska

Regina said...

This is a wonderful and colourful Sympathy card. I love this little angel!
Here in Germany are the Sympathie cards black/white or brown. This are such sad colors.

Oh, Heather, you will have again so many termins next week! Never boringly!

Heather "Hev" said...

Lovely card for such a sad occasion!

Kimmie0270 said...

What a different take on a sympathy card. I like that it's more upbeat through the funky styles of Anya.

The laminating is a really good idea!

Summerthyme Studio said...

Pretty Pretty!!! Love the funky hair and the bling on her eyes!!!!

Vicki

Emily said...

LOVE the purple hair...got to try that...We are going to grandma's so I better get a card made and posted...I may not have time, got to go!!!

Emily said...

LOVE the purple hair...got to try that...We are going to grandma's so I better get a card made and posted...I may not have time, got to go!!!

Emily said...

LOVE the purple hair...got to try that...We are going to grandma's so I better get a card made and posted...I may not have time, got to go!!!

Maria said...

hi heather...sorry for the lowercase typing...i hurt my wrist so i'm typing with only one hand.

i'm sorry to hear that your friend's grandpa passed away.

i always wonder what people do with my handmade cards. i don't think people realize the amount of work we put into our cards. the time it takes to color them and the love we put into them.

sometimes if the person is not a crafter or a close friend...this is going to sound terrible but i don't give them my 'best' cards because i don't think they'll appreciate the work i put into it. lol!

love your purple anya and the beautiful shimmerz to the image. you did such a beautiful job coloring the image! great idea to do the inside too.

maria

Janna said...

Heather I really like this card! It is one of my favorites of yours! The purples all go so well together and i adore the way you colored in the hair! it is so, so amazing!!! The shimmerz are stunning as well! It makes it so ethereal!! Beautiful job on the inside as well! I am sure it will bring Tasha lots of comfort!

I am sure the week will fly by and I can't believe Piper is going to be 7! You are right time does fly!

Smiles,
janna

Paula said...

For goodness sake 7 is not the end of the world...she has many years left at home yet. Don't wish her life away yet. Besides that is what God gives us kids for to grow them up......:)

Tenia Nelson said...

Love this!!! Thanks for the kind words on my blog...you are totally awesome, chica!! Hope you are well....

-t

Jodi said...

Such a pretty pretty card!! I don't like to make sympathy cards because it is such a sad occassion but I would rather make it because it comes from the heart.
You have created and colored it so well with the shimmerz. Perfect to you use an angel from the Anya collection. =)
Your neighbor will love this card!
Hugs,
Jodi =)

the whimsical butterfly said...

Shimmery sweet! Love it and all the purple...great card, my friend!

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Gorgeous card Heather, love the cute Anya and your beautiful colouring and colour scheme. Hugs Nikki x

Tina said...

She's very pretty!

Cassie said...

such a pretty card - i am sure it really touched tasha's heart! i have a few sympathy cards i need to make too!

i cannot believe that anyone would throw one of my cards away! i mean, really? that's just wrong!!!

Carolyn Bounds said...

Anya is colored spectacularly. I love all the beautiful shades of purple and the quote of Thomas Moore. I know Tasha will appreciate this heartfelt creation during this very difficult time. My thoughts and prayers are with her.

Hugs!
Carolyn