Saturday, February 14, 2009

My First Week on the Etsy DT Inspiration Challenge!!!

"My First Card for the Etsy Design Team"

Happy Valentines Day!!!!!!!!

.......

(I posted late late last night so scroll down for that post as well. You can hear where I have been all week!!!!) So much better now!!!!

.......

Good Morning Everyone!!!!,
.......
.......
Well Today I am super excited as this is my first week on the Etsy DT and since Saturday Mornings the Etsy DT and Ashley our fearless leader, post their inspiration cards for the Next Week's Etsy Challenge I get to share my card with you!!! Do not forget to check out Ashley's Blog and all the other DT girls for their great creations as well!!!
.......
The Etsy Inspired Design Team:
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
........
You do not know how badly I wanted to share this card with you when I finished it yesterday!!! I love this sketch and how it turned out!!!!
.......
I knew as soon as I went to this weeks Etsy Shop Something For Every Bunny, I wanted to use my new Pretty Hat Anya Set as my inspiration. This shop is a Jewelry shop and I immediately thought of Anya and her pearl necklace and how I could bling that necklace up with Rhinestones and even though I am dying to use the pretty bow stamp that comes with this set to accessorise her hat I used a large rhinestone on the hat instead!!!!
.......
Jenny the shop designer has some lovely Jewelry pieces look through all her sold items too!!! She is offering up a $20 Bracelet as this weeks Etsy Inspired Card. All you have to do is:
1. Go to the shop pick an item for inspiration (you can pick from her sold items too)
2. Make a project any project you want, Cards, Scrapbook pages, 3-D Projects any thing you want!!
3. Link your project in a comment on Ashley's Blog post about this weeks etsy challenge.
.......
Bam you are entered to win this great $20 Prize!!!! I can not wait to see what you all create this week!!!! Let me know if you participate I want to check your projects out!!!
.......
So any way I took inspiration from the whole store for my Inspiration Card and since the Store is Jewelry here is what I made.
.......
My only disappointment was that I realized I took these pictures before I finished Anya's face and added the rosey cheeks to her pretty face and I added two Rhinestone earrings to her too. I had already taken all the pictures and edited and I thought if I had time I would re-take them and re-edit them, but I did not have time so just picture her with Rosy Pink Cheeks and Rhinestone earrings too!!! LOL!!!!
.......

I do not use Sketches all that often but today I used the sketch because I wanted to enter to win the Miss Anya set that was released today. This sketch was so much fun to do, and if you want to see more about it go to the Club Anya Blog you can get to it from my side bar.

.......

So Here is my Card. I used my Scallop Circle Nesties to make the Half Circles and I used my Paper Cutter, SU Card Stocks in Pink Passion, Pixie Pink, Pretty in Pink, and Whisper White to make the card along with two UID DSP's I got in paper packs. I got out my Bright Pink Shimmery Organza Ribbon and tied the bow to the bottom of the card, and I punched out the Sentiment with my Scallop Circle and 1 3/8" Circle SU punches. The Sentiment is from Pink Cat Studio's New Lily and Billy Sweethearts set, and I got to use my Mega Cute little metal library clips to attach the Sentiment.
.......
I colored Pretty Hat Anya and her Puppy in with my Copics:
R00, E00, E51, E95, RV02, RV04, RV09, C1, C2, C3, C5, Y02, Y04, Y08, Y17, Y38
.......
Here is the Sentiment and that Mega Cute Library Clip in Silver!
.......

Now for the Close Up Shimmerized View of Anya. I got out my Bubble Gum and my Burgundy Shimmerz to paint her up. I always color underneath whatever I shimmerize, but they give enough color off you would not have to!!!! I am addicted to shimmerz I think I have like 24 colors now!!!! I shimmerized the Hat, Skirt, and Dogs collar. I used those Rhinestone stickers and put them all on her Necklace and then I took 5 large ones and put one on her hat, and 4 on the corners of the matted Card Stock she is on. Anya is also popped up with excess Rubber and Foam from my stamps.
......
Well I guess that is about all for me on this. I hope you play in the challenge. I am slowly getting to know the DT girls and it has been a fun Chatty week back and forth on e-mail.
.......
Oh one last thing. On February 28th. There will be a day long 9am to 6pm Etsy Challenge Day on our Etsy group on Paper Craft Planet. Every hour each one of the DT including Ashley and Sarah our Guest DT this month one of the DT girls will be posting a challenge. You will have 1 hour to do it and each of us had a different company that is giving away prizes for the challenge winners. Companies like Unity, The Greeting Farm, Lime Light, and many more so you do not want to miss out!!!! Be there on the 28th for a day of challenges, chit chat, and prizes!!!
.......
One last view of my new Favorite Card!!!! Have a Stampendous Saturday!!!!
.......
Heather

17 comments:

the whimsical butterfly said...

What an adorable Anya card! Love it and so glad you could play along w the sketch and also use it as a GREAT first project for your new Etsy DT! That is awesome! And my favorite color, too!

Regina said...

Happy Valentine's Day!
I love your first card for the Etsy DT! This is so awesome! The image is so cute!

Jacqueline said...

Great card!! Love how you colored her! Great start for the Etsy DT!!!

Tiff said...

CONGRATS on the DT spot :) I look forward to seeing everything you cook up!

I love your coloring and that clip is way too cute!

Emily said...

Thanks for ordering for me, I couldn't stay up till Midnight...:( too tired after swimming and going shopping, I bought a few more for myself..hero, dress me, the wedding set, and the farm set...I just had to have them....my stress relief ;P Glad your feeling better!!! Sweet pic!!

Bonnie (eggette) said...

Congratulations on your first card!! I love her she is so cute! You are like me - getting so excited and taking the picture !!.......Isn't it so fun!!

Jackie said...

Awesome card! love the pink, that cute image and the rockin' sketch!!

Kerry said...

All that pink and shimmer is just perfect for a Valentine's Day card! Love that little clip too!

Janna said...

Hi Heather! I just love this card! Anya is so, so cute with her shimmerz hat and I of course adore the sentiment and flower! Such a great idea to use that little clip! I love the choice of flowers adn the bling is perfect! I am so proud of you. You created a stunning card for you first official week!!! Wow, wow, wow!!

The only thing that is missing is a little bit of brown!

Smiles,
janna

Cathy said...

Heather,

I love Anya with her cute little had and doggie!! So sweet! Of coure it's one of my favorite colors too!!

Congrats on your first DT week on the Etsy team!!

Smiles,

Cathy

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh so fun and cute, awesome job.

Maria said...

Hey Heather!! Oooh, your Anya card is so pretty in pink!! You did a wonderful job coloring the image even without rosy cheeks!! She still looks rosy in every way!

Wow, I love those shimmerz. I just may need to get hold of those things. It looks fabulous on your card!! You did a beautiful job with the challenge!

Hope you had a fabulous Valentines!!

maria

Jacquie said...

Hey Heather!! How are you?? HOpe you are well!! You have such a BEAUTIGUL family!!! I LOVE their names!!! Oh....the card...right!! Haha!! I think you are SO talented and appreciate you sharing your talent!!! This creation is AWESOME it goe together PERFECTLY!!! I LOVE the hat!!! So sparkly!! I just got this set and can't wait to play with it!! I will be back to visit!! Take care!

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Gorgeous card Heather, such a cute image and you have coloured her beautifully. Love the pretty pink paper and ribbon. Hugs Nikki x

Heather said...

Awesome Anya card! The Shimmerz looks terrific! Great job!

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

I'm sooo sorry I'm so late in welcoming you to the team!!! I LOVE this card!!! Your blog is sooo cute!!! I love your creativity!!!!

Cassie said...

so happy to see your first card for the etsy team!!! i saw it in the gallery - i remember that sparkly hat of hers because it made me swoon - seriously!!! but didn't realize it was yours - i'll have to go take another lookie and see your screen name!