Tuesday, February 3, 2009

My Big News!!!! Plus a Twinkling Tuesday Sketch Card

I'm a Twinklette now Too!!!! Yea!!!!!!!
Hi Everyone!!!!!!
.......
Good Morning, Bonjour, Guten Morgan, ect.. ect...
........
Well today I get to announce my big News I have been holding under wraps for the last week!!!!
.......
Jessica from over at The Whimsical Butterfly Blog has asked me to be part of Madelynn's Twinkling Tuesdays Sketch Challenge Design Team. I have been playing in Madelynn's sketch challenge since week 2 the first week there was a DT for the challenge. This is mostly because so many of my blog buddies are on the DT, Jami Bova, Janna Hull, Danni Bindle, Kimmie Doktor , and Cassie Larson and Jessica Madelynn's Mommy.
.......
If you have not heard of Madelynn's Twinkling Tuesdays Sketch Challenge (Well where have you been????)
No I mean well, it is for this little 8 year old girl who draws a sketch up every week and has her own DT that make sketch projects with her sketch.
.......
This week is also the first week to launch the Twinkling Tuesday Blog, all of us DT members will be posting to the blog when it is our week to be the featured stampers. So you can go check it out here Madelynn's Twinkling Tuesday Sketch Blog.
.......
Piper thinks Madelynn is a Hero because if you know Piper she is always drawing, and loves to do crafts and stamping!!!! My 6 year old is in awe that an 8 year old has her own Design Team, draws her own sketches every week, and has her own blog too!!!
.......
I am so excited to be included on this team of totally talented and amazingly creative ladies, and I am so looking forward to getting to know the ladies I have not met yet, and just getting to be even closer and better friends with the ones I do know!!!
......
Here is the Team:
.......
.......
The "Twinkle Team"
.......
.......

.......

.......

.......
.......
.......
.......

.......

.......

......

.......

.......

.......

.......
.......
and Me Too!!! Heather Schlatter
......
Well here is Madelynn's Sketch Challenge for this week. If you upload to PCP or SCS please use the Keyword, or Tag MTTSC8 so we can find all your great creations!!!!

Yesterday I decided I wanted to try my hand at coloring a Red Haird girl, and what better girl to try it on then Anya!!!! Anya is so much fun to color up because she has so much surface area to practice your coloring with, and her hair has so many sections you can really do blending and shading and work with different shades of hair. She is great to learn how to use your copics on!!! If you have never been to the Greeting Farm to see all the great Anya's you can purchase the link is in my Blog Roll on the right, or I have the New Club Anya link on my side bar as well and you can get to The Greeting Farm from there. Did you all have fun at the Grand Opening of Club Anya on Sunday??? I was super stoked to win a Anya Pocket Mirror!!!! ....... So Here is My take on the sketch as my first week on the "Twinking DT"

.......

Disclaimer!!! That Pretty Teal Card stock Anya is on is Glitter Embedded CS that is totally Shimmery and Sparkly till there is no Tomorrow!!!!

One thing that is not showing up that kind of bums me out is the thick Card Stock in the Oval is actually Card Stock with Glitter in it. It sparkles and shines like there is no tomorrow, and you can actually feel the bumpy glitter as you run your had over it!!!! I wish you could see it!!!!

.......
The Teal Glittered Card Stock is so shimmery and sparkly that I had to work really hard to resist the urge to Shimmer Up Anya with my Shimmerz Paint!!! I really wanted to, but that Paper is so shimmery I just had to resist no matter how hard it was!!!! My Colors on this card are Teals and Auqa's in the Card Stocks.
.......
I have been wanting to try my hand at the Red Hair and so I used all my shades of Orange Copics along with many shades of Brown to go over the Oranges and some pieces I put the brown shade down first and then colored over it with an orange shade!!! I really like the way it turned out what do you think????
.......
Anya is stamped with Memento Ink Tuxedo Black, and then colored up with Copics. I do not remember all the shades, but if you have a question leave a comment or e-mail me and I will let you know the shade I used. I mostly used Earth tones and Blue Green Tones, along with my oranges and browns on her hair.
.......
I used my Oval stencils (since my new Oval Nesties will not be here until almost March) and my paper cutter to make the layers. The small oval of the Sentiment is also a stencil and then the larger oval of the Sentiment I free handed around the other oval. I got out my pretty pearl and silver buttons I got a massive bag of from Hobby Lobby to accessorize my cards and Scrapbook pages with, and added one in each corner. The ribbon is totally think and so yummy and heavinly feeling double sided thick thick Satin Ribbon. One side is Silver and the other side is the Auqa and Silver pattern. It went perfect with my Paper I thought!!! I stamped the Sentiment with Perfect Princess set from SU! The Teal Cardstock is also SU! and the rest of the papers came out of my Scrapbook room so they are UID (unidentified).
.......
This picture was another attempt for you to see how sparkly the paper is, but you can only see a tiny hint of it!!!! The whole thing just glistens and shines and sparkles enough to blind you!!! LOL!!!!!
.......
Now for some more great news!!!! Blog Candy Alert!!!!!!
Jessica Madelynn's extremely talented Mommy is celebrating her Blog-O-Versary today!!! Her Blog is one year old and she has accomplished so much in the last year of blogging which does not surprise me since she is so so talented, but she wants to give away some great Candy to Celebrate so here are the rules and a picture of the Candy!!!
.......

Now, you are probably wondering "How can I win"? Here are the Official Rules: :) 1.) You must create a card using this sketch to be eligible to win the candy. 2.) You have until next Tuesday, February 10, 2009 at 8am CST to use this sketch to make a card, then upload and link your card to Jessica's Blog. If you upload to SCS or PCP, be sure to leave a comment on her blog to be entered into the drawing. Use keyword MTTSC8. 3.) One winner will be drawn using Random.org for the Anniversary Blog Candy (the Twinkle Team IS allowed to enter this contest. :) Winner will be announced on Jessica's blog next Tuesday, 2/10/09. Good luck and Have fun! Don't forget to stop by the new Twinkling Tuesday blog to check out all the fun over there and a SPECIAL announcement for your kids!!! You WILL NOT want to miss this!

.......

Here is what is in the Candy!!

.......

Heidi Swapp Butterflies (um, hello that was a MUST), Set of 4 Cuttlebug mini embossing folders (there is a cupcake on one...gotta have cupcakes!), SU Flip Flop wheel (for those of you who don't know, Havaianas are ALL I wear from like April to October!), Heidi Swapp PINK Edge Distresser (cuz I'm the pinkgirl!), and YES! THOSE ARE 2 BRAND NEW COPIC SKETCH MARKERS you see there! PINK, of course! (R81 and R85) As if that weren't exciting enough, Julia from The Little Paper Shop was UBER generous and offered up the Tu-Tu Riffic stamp set for me to give out! DD is totally into dancing and poms, and I do love to dance myself (much to the embarrassment of the kiddos LOL!)....so THERE ya have

.......

Well that is a lot of Info for one post so I will leave you now with this last look at My First

"DT Twinkling Tuesday Card".

.......

I will be back later I finished 4 cards for our upcoming SU! Sale-A-Bration workshops on Monday and I want to share them, but I wanted to leave my Twinkling post up until about 3pm. See You soon!!! Hope you enjoy the Card and have a Stampendous Tuesday!!!!!

Heather

21 comments:

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Congratulations on your new DT post Heather.. Your card is stunning and I just love Anya's hair. Your colouring and colours are gorgeous and the pearls so pretty, Have a great day, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Bonnie (eggette) said...

Wow! Fabulous red-haired girly! Those Anya's are pretty darn cute....and that blingy paper is so pretty! Love it all!

Kimmie0270 said...

OMG! She is absolutely breath-taking. Stunning - beautiful - darling! Great job

Cathy said...

Heather, congrats on your new DT position!! I'm so happy for you. Your card is really adorable!!!
Hugs, Cathy

Janna said...

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited you are on the team!! You so deserve it you do excellent work and now we can actually talk about something during the 20 times we call each other a day! LOL!!
Seriously though, I am so excited to be on the team with you because you create amazing creations like this one!! I love the red hair and the beautiful papers you used! I think I know what the card stock you used looks like and it is yum-o! I love the embellishments and what you did with the card sketch! Wonderful job!

Lots of smiles and hugs,
janna

BTW, how was the bachelor?

Carolyn Bounds said...

First of all...CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You are now a Twinkling Twinkie or is it Twinkette:o) I am so very happy for you:o)

Your card is delightfully sweet!!! I love the gorgeous colors, and your coloring is wonderful!!! Anya looks fab with the red hair!!! Now that you, Jami and Janna are both representing this challenge...I suppose I should show my loyalty to you talented ladies and play along. Again, congrats to you my dear...they are lucky to have you:o)

Hugs!
Carolyn

Danni said...

Yay!! You're on the team! Yay!!
Love your card with all it's sparkle and shimmer!! Amazing job!

Michelle said...

Congrats on being on the Design Team - very cool! Your Anya is BEAUTIFUL! Simply breath taking. I can't wait to show my DD as she LOVES princesses!!

Lorraine A said...

Congratulations Heather :-) Love your card, just gorgeous, very cute image and LOVE her hair
Good Luck being a Twinkly :-)
Lorraine

Christi said...

This is gorgeous!! I'll bet that cardstock is amazing IRL! Awesome!!!

Cassie said...

yea heather! i'm so glad you are a Twinklette too! i wanted to post "about time" on my blog but wasn't sure that it would come off with the laugh in my voice on screen like in my head!!

rockin' card - i think we might be soul sisters! i have some of that paper and it is sooo wonderful. i hoard it b/c i have this fear of never being able to find it again. silly, huh? and red hair - seriously? girl, you got some skills! I can't imagine ever being able to attempt red!!

see you tomorrow for flutter by!!

Madelynn said...

Hi this is Madelynn. Your princess card is SO cute I am so glad you are on my team! I love Anyas and this princess one is my favorite. Thank you for doing the sketch :)

the whimsical butterfly said...

Girl how lucky are WE to have you on the Team???!! This is BEAUTIFUL my friend! Wow! Awesomeness!

I love it! Can I use it for C.A.??? :D

Ashley said...

Congrats! What a cute card!

Ashley said...

Congrats! What a cute card!

Emily said...

aren't you glad you tried the red hair? Isn't fun, I think red head's really do have more fun :)

Maria said...

Whoohoo, Heather!! Congratulation on being on the DT!! It's not surprising. . .your cards are totally gorgeous!! Can't wait to see all your lovely creations for the DT blog.

I can see all the shimmers on your card. . .from what I can see, it's beautiful and must be much more in person. You colored Anya so beautifully too. . .the colors stands out so nicely!! Beautiful job!!

I'm planning to return to work as an RN some time in September!! Where I previously worked, I worked for a Tertiary hospital which was a Women and Children Hospital. . . No male patients. . .LOL! unless they happen to stumble into our ER or they are a minor. . . just women, babies, and children! LOL!

Maria

Regina said...

Congratulation! I enjoy with you!

This little princess is amazing! Red hair - why not! Wonderful idea!
I love everything on your card - the colours, the glittering cardstock, the image, the ribbon, the pearls!!!!!

Jennifer (SCS: jennifer-g) said...

LOVE your red-haired Anya Heather!!! Wow, what a fun card and layout. :) WELCOME to the Twinkle Team, how fun to have you in our little group, I can't wait to get to know you better!!

Summerthyme Studio said...

Congratulations!!! I LOVE her eyeshadow!!!!! Sweet card!

Tanya said...

Oh I LOVE this card! Shes' so sweet and I like how you used the pearls and things. Very nice!