Monday, February 2, 2009

Hope You get better Soon!!!

Sorry to Hear your under the Weather!!!!
Good Morning!!!
.......
Well I told you last night I had a Nurse Card that would warm Your Heart!!!! Here she is my first attempt at coloring Nurse Anya with my Copics. I can not take all the credit for her because one of my good friends Emily came over last week and stamped up a bunch of Anya's and Ian's to play around with because she got her first order of Copics in. She told me she had colored up the Nurse Anya with Gray Hair and a Pink Nurse Outfit so I had to give it a try. I have not seen Emily's Nurse so I am not sure this gives it any justice, but I wanted to try it anyway!!!!
.......
Emily and I are both RN's Emily works in Oncology, and when I do work once in a while it is on Labor and Delivery but I do have 9 years experience in the OR on an Open Heart Team, so my true passion remains in Surgery, but it was just getting to hard with all the changes to keep up with the OR when I just do not work very often as I am home with the kiddo's. I worked on Labor and Delivery while in Nursing School so I ended up going back up there as a Call In Nurse before I quit doing Surgery.
.......
So here is my Anya Nurse Get Well Card. We all need Get Well cards right??? I think Emily's idea of Gray Hair and Pink outfit are totally wonderful together!!!!!
.......
I used the Hot Water Bottles and the Band aids and Sentiment from a retired SU! set I have, and the background stamp on the Gray paper is a SU! Cross Hatch background stamp.
.......

I used my Copics in R00, E00, E95 for her skin, and the grays are C1, C2, C3, C5, C7. The Pinks I used are RV00, RV02, RV04, RV09, RV13, and RV23. I used SU Card stock in Pretty in Pink, Pink Passion, Whisper White, and Going Gray. The Bow is a bright Pink Organza and a light pink Organza ribbons tied together at the same time to make the bow. I also used my SU! ticket punch to do the corners on the Pinks and White Card Stock. The Water Bottles and the Band aides are popped up with Excess Rubber and Foam from my stamps.

.......

I hope you like her I love how her coloring turned out!!!!!

.......

Well off to design more cards for our upcoming workshops. Tasha and Emily already have their samples up on their blogs in several of their posts from last few days. I am way behind!!!!

.......

Heather

15 comments:

Cathy said...

Heather,

I love her!! I have a nurse colored up myself!! I love the hot water bottles!!! So cute!!

Hugs, Cathy

Danni said...

Oh this is cute!! Love the shimmer to her hair. Great job!

Bonnie (eggette) said...

So very cute! Love all the brightness - sure to make a sick person happy!

Emily said...

she is soooo cute, and it's such a great idea!!!! (I must say so myself!!!) ;P

Janna said...

Heather, this is just awesome! I love grey and pink together and you colored her in so beautifully! The little bandaids and water bottles are perfect! I think anyone who is sick would certainly feel better after seeing this card!

How great that you and Emily are both nurses. I didn't know that you did L and D in college. So you are keeping secrets from me are you?! LOL!

Smiles,
janna

Summerthyme Studio said...

She IS very sweet Heather~! Love the PINK!

Vicki

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

She is adorable!!! Love the colors - I wish my gray hair looked that good, I would save a fortune in hair dye!! Those little bandaids are so cute!

Heather said...

This is just so incredibly cute! I love her! Thanks for the wonderful comments you left on my blog and thanks for inspiring me, your creations are terrific!

Maria said...

Hey Heather!! Your nurse Anya is so nurse like! LOL!! I love how you colored her and the gray hair. It's funny because we no longer wear that cap thingy! Beautiful card and such a great card to give to someone who isn't feeling well!!

I'm an RN too but right now not working. I'm an antepartum nurse/GYN Oncology. At the hospital I last worked at I would be on rotation on the L&D unit just to take care of the mothers who were on fetal monitors.

I primarily worked on the antepartum. . .high risk pregnancy and GYN Oncology unit.

It's nice to know you're an L&D RN!!

Maria

Michelle said...

This is AWESOME!! Love how you colored her hair! The whole card is sooooo cute!

Ashley said...

Very cute Heather!

Cassie said...

and grey hair too???

i am so jealous of you!! LOL!!!

but this card is seriously, too cute for words!!

Regina said...

Wonderful card!!!! I love the little extras on the card! And grey hair - it's not a young nurse - great idea!

Shonda said...

Love, love, love her!

Tanya said...

Very nice! Love the hair! :)