Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Flutter By Wednesday time, some Sparkle and Shine!!!!

Silver, to the Blue, to the Purple, to the Flutter By!!!
Hi There how is everyone today???
.......
O.K. my first question of the day is, what happens to those sweet little babies??? My Tucker was the most perfect child from birth to 18 1/2 months he was so easy to take care of. I could not have asked for a better baby!!! Now he is 19 1/2 months old and quite the little trouble finder and maker. Today I turned my head just long enough to pop my contacts in and the trail he left behind was almost hilarious except for the fact that my engagement ring was gone off my dresser. My wedding ring (I never had them saudered (sp?) together) was on the floor along with my watch and bracelet, but no engagement ring and that was the expensive one!!!
.......
Long story short, I eventually found the ring in a drawer that was slightly open in must have fallen in while he was pulling other things off the dresser, it is just that my little love bug is a weapon of mass destruction these days!!!!! LOL!!!!
......
Oh I love him to pieces and won't trade him for the world he is just making life more difficult these days, I feel like everything I get done he undoes!!! LOL!!!!
......
Oh Well this too shall pass and I will look back and wish these days back I am sure!!!!!
......
So now onto my card for today. It is Flutter By Wednesday and I did not finish my card last night because a good friend called that I do not get to talk to much these days so I talked to her and the card did not get finished until after I took Willow to Pre-School this morning.
......
Danni's challenge this week was to use Blue and Purple on our cards so I did just that. Don't forget to go check out all the girls lovely creations from this week I saw the slide show on Danni's blog and there are some great cards this week!!! They really blew me away.
.......
Flutter By Wednesday's Featured Stampers Team:

.......

.......
So for my card today I am sorry it is not my most creative card, but I did think it turned out pretty, be it more simple than most and I am pretty sure I pale in comparison to the rest the team this week so that is why it is important you go check out their lovely creations to be blown away!!! LOL.
.....
So anyway what I did was stamp this SU Butterfly in Whisper White Card Stock and then emboss it with Silver Glittered embossing powder which really made it sparkle and shine. The I took my Blue's Blue Violets, and Violet Copic markers and colored one of the Flutter bys with more purples and one of the flutter by's with more blues. I liked how they turned out what do you think??? The only thing is that when working with spaces so tiny you can not really do any shading in the spaces, but you sort of do some shading with the variations in the wings.
.......
The top Flutter By is with the more blue colors of copics and the bottom Flutter By is with the more purple shades of copics. I literally had both the card stock and the DSP laying on my Dinning room table from two other cards I had been working on so instead of going down stairs to search through all my paper for what to use I grabbed them up and used them!!!! I am telling you I was way way too lazy this week and I apologize for that!!!!!! LOL. Really I am not Lazy, just exhausted from chasing the Monster around and fixing the Mass Destruction trails!!! LOL!!!!
.......
So that is it for my on Flutter By this week hope you enjoy all the other creations and we would love to have you play along. Just leave a link on Danni's Flutter By post so we can check out your lovely creations, and if you upload use FBW45 for the tag or Key words on SCS and PCP!!!!
.......
Have a Stampendous Day!!! As soon as I finish this post I am scheduling one for later today for another card I have done for a challenge I issued over on our Pink Cat Studio Group on PCP if you own any Pink Cat stamps I hope you play along with that one too!!!!
.......
Heather

14 comments:

Danni said...

This is so pretty! simple? no way!! Love this!! Just love it!

Tina said...

So pretty! Love the colors.

Jodi said...

This is a very pretty card! I love butterflies and I love how you chose great colors for them!! =)
Hugs,Jodi

Jacquie said...

Those butterflies are GORGEOUS!!! I LOVE you card!! HOpe you are well!

Christi said...

Gorgeous!!!

Cassie said...

um - we need to have a talk girl! this is STUPENDOUS!!! MAGNIFICIENT!! seriously, i swooned at the little peak! It may not have tons of layers and ribbon and embellishments, but it is very, VERY creative!! AND stunning - esp. in it's simplicity! i adore simple cards - your butterflies really stand out and are just soooo gorgeous!! you should hang this on your fridge so you see it everyday!!!

GLAD you found your engagement ring! i had a friend that lost hers for 2 years before she finally found it in the car toy bin! of all places!!!

Regina said...

Beautiful butterflies!!!! I love how you embossed the butterflies, it's a great effect!!! Your colouring is amazing, as always!

Emily said...

I like it still, simple I could try this one...

Cathy said...

Heather,
I think this is really pretty. The butterflies are gorgeous. My hubby thinks that stamping should be the last thing I do, always. I guess he hasn't checked the price of terapy lately!! LOL Hang in there. You did a great job on this card.

Hugs,
Cathy

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Your card is gorgeous Heather and just love the butterflies, they are just so pretty, Hugs, Nikki x

Ann Kranitz said...

Wow, the silver really makes everything looks so elegant.

Maria said...

Hey Heather! sounds like Tucker is a little Rascal but he is adorable. Oooh, it's a good thing you found your ring. Things like that have happened to me. I have a trash can at the side of my computer desk and my bank card once fell in it while I was moving things around and didn't realize it fell in.

Love your pretty butterfly card! Wow, the colors are beautiful. . .I love the sparkly colorful look to them! So bright and happy looking!!

Maria

jami {sgtStamper} said...

Wow those butterflies sure do sparkle!! Love that EP!! And love all the colors on the butterflies!! Lookin' at that sweet innocent face in your sidebar, it's hard to picture the Tuck-man as Destructo-man. But I do remember those days....

Janna said...

What happened to the days of imobility! gosh I miss those! LOL! Seriously though. I am sure it will get better soon! and he is such a cutie!!

Love your card Heather! The silver and blue and purple is absolutely stunning and the layout is simplistic perfection! Excellent job!

Smiles,
janna