Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Flutter By Wednesday - A SU! Stampation from head to toe!!! Shimmered Button Butterfly's!!!

"It's Flutter By Wednesday - SU! and Purple Style!!!"
Hi Everyone!!!!!,
.......
Well it is Wednesday and we all know what that means!!!! It is time for Flutter By Wednesday Challenge over at Danni's Dreams Blog!!!
.......
Flutter By Wednesday's Featured Stampers Team:

.......

.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
More people are starting to play along now so that is so much fun!!!! This is our 6th week as a Featured Stamper's Team and I am enjoying it so much and I really love getting to know the other gals on the team too!!!!
.......
Remember if you play along with us leave a comment on Danni's Blog and ours too if you want so we all know to go check out your wonderful creations!!! If you upload to SCS or PCP be sure to tag your card or project with FBW44.
.......
Why you may wonder is it 44, well Danni started Flutter By Wednesdays almost a year ago, but not many people were playing along so at the beginning of the year she started a Flutter By Wednesday's Featured Stamper team. Up until last week we just made whatever Flutter By Card we wanted, but last week Danni started challenging us to use specific things on the card. Like last week was the color Pink (Which I totally forgot we were supposed to do, and just lucked out that my card was like a million different shades of Pink on accident!!! LOL!!!!
.......
This week the challenge was to Create a Flutter By Card using Butterfly's, Sparkle or Shimmer, and Buttons of some sort. So here is my card below.
.......

Card Recipe:

.......

Stamps: SU! Whimsical Garden, and Inspired by Nature (I love this set and it is my first time to use it!!! I have seen so many wonderful cards using this set. The set is not in the current Catalog, but it is on the Dormant list so you can still order it)

Ink: SU! Perfect Plum, Pale Plum, Lavender Lace, Orchid Opulence, Garden Green, Bashful Blue

Papers: SU! Card Stock in Whisper White, Elegant Eggplant, and Perfect Plum

Accessories: SU! Aqua Painters to do the sky with Bashful Blue ink (The sky looks much more sketchy then it is in person, in person it turned out really pretty I thought). Glue Dots, SU! Scissors, Colored Wire (in a deep purple color), Lavender Heart Shaped buttons.

.......

Here you can see the Shimmers a little, and you can see the tiny Purple Heart shaped buttons I used on all 4 corners of the card. I shimmerized the Flutter By's with Royal Purple, and Angel wings depending on how I colored the Flutter By.

.......

I then got out my spools of colored Wire and choose the Bright Deep Purple wire and ran it through the Button and twisted it shut!!!! :-)

.......

I stamped the Flutter By stamps in 1 color of the Purples and then I took my ink pads and ran them across the stamp to give it a variegated purple shades look. Some stamps I only used 1 additional shade of purple, but on some I used up to 3 shades in addition to the original shade the stamp was inked in!!!

.......

See below you can see the variegated shades of purple I did by dragging another color of ink across the already inked stamp.

.......

Well I better get to bed, I have a million things that need to be done in the next few days!!!

Finish off the Cards for our 50+ Cards in one Evening Workshop coming up. Re-Edit the pictures going up on our Dazzling Diamonds Designs Web Site of the cards so customers can see the cards and even pre-pay on our site. I have to re-edit, because when I edited and saved them today Tasha had trouble getting them to look good on the site!!!! You can visit our site at www.Stamp-and-Create.com

.......

Design and Cut 3 projects x at least 10 people, for Stampers Club this weekend (Sunday).

.......

Address and Mail out all the flyer's for the upcoming workshops. Get all 23 cards and go through each one and decide how much Paper we need to order for the cards ie... 24 pieces of Garden Green, 12 pieces of Elegant Eggplant, 6 pieces of Whisper White, this is figuring out how much of each color of card stock is used on the card like 1/2 sheet Garden Green, 1/8 sheet Elegant Eggplant, and 1/4 sheet of Whisper White) I hope that all makes sense to you!!!!

.......

Get all the Valentines for Piper's 1st Grade class done, and Willow's Pre-School Class. I was planning on doing a really cute home made Valentine, but I am not sure because I have so much stuff to get done on top of the Valentines I may have to do Store Bought Valentines!!! :-(

(Gasp Gasp cough, cough, sputter The Horrors!!!!!!)

........

Well here is a last side view of my card so you can see how the Flutter By's Pop up and add dimension to the card!!!

.......

Have a Stampendous Day and I hope you play along with the Flutter By Challenge!!!

.......

Do not forget to check out all the other Incredibly Talented ladies on the team to see their wonderful Flutter By Creations, and also go to Danni's Blog she has a surprise Guest Designer this week, and she gave me a hint, so I think I know who it is, but I will have to see in the morning!!!

.......

Heather

22 comments:

Emily said...

I love the background stamp!!!! I may have to have this!!!! Of course I love purple too> ;P

Kimmie0270 said...

I had to up the number of valentine's I needed to make for the boys. I wound up having to make 40 and I'm refusing to make more. I'm tired of Valentine's day already!

Adorable card, I LOVE those butterflies!

Cathy said...

Hey Heather,

Love the flutterby's. Very cute card. I hope you are feeling better. I have been worried about you!! Anyway, Love the card. Talk to you soon.

Hugs, Cathy

Tina said...

Heather, you card is so pretty!

Regina said...

I enjoy always Wednesday! Your Flutter cards are so lovely!
Today your card is amazing! This variegated shades of purple are fantastic!!!!! I love it! And the shimmers! Wonderful, wonderful!!!!
It's a pity I have only a little! butterfly stamp and I can't colouring

Cassie said...

{head hanging in shame, sheepish look on my face}

So sorry girl!! I didn't realize I hadn't updated it yet. You probably noticed I haven't gotten my Flutter By stuff over there yet either. Or maybe you did - I saw 4 emails from you with comments but the first one was re: you missing from the twinkle team so I fixed it real quick! See - that's how important you are to me - I didn't even read all the email to see if there was any work-related stuff that needed attending to first!!

Now, goooorgeous card!! love the sky - it's soooo realistic!! and those butterflies and the way you shaded them!! TOOO COOOL!!!!

Danni said...

I'm always in awe of people who can make "scene" cards! This is an amazing card! I love it! Great job!

Christi said...

Gorgeous!!!

Ashley said...

Heather, the green is like impossible for me to read. Just FYI. I'm on a MAC so it might look different to other people.

I LOVE this card, it's my favorite from this week! It's so pretty! I love the purples, blues and greens. This is just fabulous!

Michelle said...

Heather,
This is an awesome card!! I love the grass stamp - so neat! And all the butterflies are just perfect. I don't have any Shimmerz but after seeing your card & some of Danni's I think I need to invest in A LOT of it!

Your sky is beautiful! Did it take long? It's very pretty - I always struggle at creating scenes so I just LOVE this!

BTW, purple is one of my favorite colors so you just can't go wrong with anything that is purple :)

Great job!

Michelle

Janna said...

This is fantastic! I absolutely adore the grass you made! That is the coolest thing ever and the butterflies with all the shimmerz on them are great!!! Wow, wow, wow! Every card gets more and more amazing!

Sorry you have been so busy lately. Hopefully after you big workshop things will get back to normal for you!

Smiles and hugs!
janna

the whimsical butterfly said...

Surprise huh? Did you know it was ME? hee hee that was fun to join you guys today! Thanks for including me!

Your card is adorable, love the whole little scene. And, A_HEM, I did fix my blogroll LOL!! Sorry about that! I must have gotten sidetracked!

Have a great day! Hugs!

Kristie said...

I love your card! Very pretty!

Jackie said...

This is so pretty Heather! love the colors and all those butterflies...very nice!

I made another pillow box to see if I could measure it. It's pretty much 5 x 4 1/2 scored @ 2 1/4....hope that helps!!

Heather "Hev" said...

Such a beautiful card Heather :)

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Gorgeous card Heather, love the pretty butterflies and the wonderful colour scheme. Hugs Nikki x

Maria said...

Hey Heather!! Are you feeling better? Hope so. . .:)

I love your pretty card with all those pretty butterflies!! I haven't used that stamp set for so long and your card inspired and reminded me that I need to use it! LOL!!

Love the grass scenery and the pretty sky. Your doing fabulous with the scenic backgrounds on your cards. Love the pretty colors of your butterflies too. Maybe if I have time today, I'll stop by and play along in the challenge.

Maria

Cathy said...

Hi Heather,

I already left a comment on your card but after I went back and looked at it again, I had to tell your that I absolutely adore the grass and sky. I love making scenes on my cards and I just love this. That grass stamp is awesome, i want one!!

I also love the purple and blue sky together. Very pretty. Just had to comment again!!

Hugs, Cathy

Jodi said...

Heather, such a pretty card with all those butterflies! I love the colors you chose too.=)
Hugs, Jodi =)

Carolyn Bounds said...

Oh, Heather...your card is stunning and evokes such a feeling of ttranquility. I could see this card with a gift set of candles, bubble bath and soft, relaxing music. You create the most beautiful things!!!! I am in awe of your talent!!!

Hugs!
Carolyn

Ps. Tell Piper I am looking forward to seeing more of her gorgeous card sketches!!! I loved the last one a lot:o)

Tasha Hickert said...

I finally get to see your card with the grass. This turned out great! And I'm sure it is even better IRL. ;)

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

Love all those shimmery butterflies...and like everyone else, I'm lovin' that grass!!!