Saturday, February 21, 2009

Etsy Inpired Challenge #25 - DT Sample

"Game Night With the Etsy Challenge"
Hello!!!
.......
It is Saturday and that for me now means my weekly Challenge Sample for the
Etsy Inspired Eight Design Team!!!!!
.......
This week our Etsy Shop to get inspiration from is AngeLfood Etsy Shop
The AngeLfood shop has some very Yummy looking treats you can buy, Cookies and Baked Chocolate goods too!!!
.......
After your done reading this post you have to go check out all the wonderful samples the Etsy Eight and our February Guest Designer, and Ashley came up with for this weeks Etsy Inspiration Challenge
.......

.......

The Etsy Inspired Design Team:

.......

Jackie Bowman

.......

Joy Stagg

.......

Kerry Angeles

.......

Lee Murphy

.......

Lindsay Spencer

.......

Sara Henton (February Guest Designer)

.......

Shannon Bracken

.......

Tiffany Johnson

.......

Ashly Newel (the boss lady :-)

.......

So when I went to the AngeLfood Etsy Shop to find my inspiration piece and when I saw this picture I knew exactly what I needed to make for my Challenge Sample.
.......
The New Stampin Up! Catalog that has been out for about a month now has several Game Night/Poker themed stamp sets and accessories. So I called my
I did not have the Game night stamp sets, but she did so I borrowed them and got to work.
.......
So Here is my Etsy Card for this week. I think I may have to buy this set now it was fun to use!!!! It was so perfect for this Inspiration don't you think??? All Supplies (Stamps, Card Stocks, Inks and Adhesive are Stampin Up!
I used one of my stencil templates and traced and then cut out the shape of the cards x 4 and then I took the stamp that has all 4 Card symbols on it and stamped the Heart 4 times once in each corner, and then the spade 4 times, once in each corner ect.. ect...
.......
.......
Then I took that stamp and stamped it all around the boarder of the card in whisper white craft SU Ink. I heat set it with my embossing gun because I knew I was going to be doing some embossing on the card and I did not want the border to take any of the embossing powder. I then inked up the rest of the stamps with my SU Markers Real Red, and Basic Black for the rest of the card and then cut them out with my SU craft and rubber scissors (if you do not have a pair you need them they cut through rubber like it is fabric and they are just so so useful in many ways!!!
.......
I took glue dots and adhered the 4 cards together with the dots, then I popped up all the images on the card with Stampin Dimensional's. I loved the Red, Black, and White Combo she had on her cookies so it really worked with the Game night sets!!!
.......
.......
Now for some other news. Next weekend from 9am until 6pm Pacific time we will be having the Etsy Inspired Blog Hop and Chat day!!! What is that you ask??? Well the Etsy Group has their own group on Paper Craft Planet and we will be chatting the day away and each hour there will be another challenge released!!! 10 great stamp related companies have donated prizes for each hourly challenge so you do not want to miss out on the fun and great prizes. Companies like Lime Light and Unity, and The Greeting Farm, and Paper Make-Up, and many more too!!
.......
Each hour you can go to the DT member's blog who is hosting that hours challenge and play along to win the prize for that challenge. All the DT girls have really come up with some great challenges of every kind!!! It will be tons of fun so I hope you all play along!!!
You can start out on Ashly's Blog Heart Hugs Designs, or the Paper Craft Planet Etsy group for the Events schedule for the blog hop and Challenge Day. So on February 28th we hope to see you play along with our Team!!!!
.......
Well I need to go get a few things done, but I wanted to let you know that I made a card today that I am so so proud of!! I love how it turned out and so I am going to show you later today, I have the post done and scheduled for 5 PM, that way my Etsy post will be up for quite a while before the next card. So don't forget to stop by and see it later I am really excited to share it!!!
.......
.......
So Have a Stampendous Saturday hope you get some stamping time!!!
See you soon!!!
.......
Heather

12 comments:

Summerthyme Studio said...

Your card is very very cute Heather. I love the black white and red.....so bold and masculine!!!!

Nice work!

Vicki

Maria said...

Hey Heather! Such a fun card! It's a fabulous card to give to someone who likes to play cards. . .Love the black/red/white colors!! It's a great masculine card too!

Wow, sounds like there's a lot of thngs going on in blog land. Honestly, I don't even know where to start!! The Etsy Blog hop sounds like fun!!!

Maria

Expressions of a Creative Mind said...

Did you laugh because you realized I copied the bottom of your post?!?! LOL Sorry I've not gotten a lot of sleep and I was being lazy, hope you don't mind

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

What a fabulous stamp set Heather and just love the colours and design, I also loved how you signed off your name in the matching colours, Hope your having a great Saturday, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Jackie said...

What a fab card Heather! love the colors and your design...you did such a nice job with this!!!

Tasha Hickert said...

I love this!! The few times I have used the set I never thought to stamp on black--that looks really good. You'll have to go look on scs ways to use it a few weeks ago and post your card on the "ways to use black" week.

Did your hairdresser finally call you? Or did you go somewhere else?

Regina said...

WOW!!!! I'm speechless! It's amanzing!!!!! That's one of the most stunning card I've ever seen!

Tiff said...

What a fun card! It would be an awesome centerpiece for a game night table!

Kerry said...

I was wondering if anyone would create a project inspired by those cookies. Your card turned out great!

Janna said...

I have to agree! this is the coolest card ever!!!! I love love love it! the layout is amazing all the accessories you included are wonderful and I love the dark colors! This card could not be anymore perfect if you tried!!! I so wish I was having a game night so you could create some of these for me!! Excellent job!!

Smiles,
janna

Cassie said...

this is very fun heather!! love that border you created!!

what is your favorite SU set? i would've said Always but now i'm torn between Bella Blooms too!

Cathy said...

Heather,

How fun is this card!!! I loce it!! Super fun idea.

Hugs, Cathy