Saturday, January 31, 2009

Your Love Rocks my World!!!!

Your Love Rocks my World!!!!!
Hi Everyone!!!!
.......
How are you all doing????
This is my 2nd post today and there will be at least one more so be sure to see them all!!! I am on a roll today!!!!
.......
Well I got the card done from the images in the post below!!! Anya and Ian are colored with my copics, on SU paper, I used my Labels 1 Nestibilities from Spellbinders (or Nesties). I diagonalized my nestie, and cut out a striped Dark Pink and lighter pink Patterned paper, then I put it on top of another DSP with lots of squares in many colors. I love this pattern and I have it in several different color schemes because I got it in one of those big packs of paper, but I am afraid I will never be able to find anything like it once I use all of it!!!!!
......
So here is the question of the Day. Do you color your images and then choose your paper, or do you choose your paper and then color your images???? I find it helpful to have images already colored and then when I am ready to make a card I go pick out papers to match my image. However I have friends who do it both ways so what do you do??? Like I said before I have been buying paper here and there for 9 years when it was on sale or if I was in a store and found some I liked so I have thousands of pieces to choose from, so I can normally find something to match my coloring. Plus being an SU Demo I have almost every SU color in stock in my Scrapping Room so I can pull what I want, but I want to know what everyone else does???
.......
.......
So Below are Anya and Ian together on the Label 1 nestie. I think they look so cute together!!!! Rockin around. My good friend Emily from here in town made a cool Rockin Ian card you have to go check it out here Emily's Rocking Ian Card. Emily has such a shabby Chic Style her cards are all very unique, and she just got her Copics this week and this was her first card with her Copics so she came over and stamped up a bunch of Anya's and Ian's to play around with!!!
.......
Here is the Shimmerized View of Anya she has Burgundy Shimmerz on her Guitar, and Red parts of her hair.
.......
Well I better go and design more cards for the upcoming workshops, oh and also do some cleaning too!!! I want a self cleaning house!!!!!
.......
Heather

14 comments:

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Oh so fabulous and bright Heather, I just love these papers and your layout, Your colouring is just gorgeous! I can't wait for the new releases tomorrow! I stamp my image and then sit and play with the papers mixing and matching until I get the right scheme, then go and add co-ordinating embellishments then color images last. Have a great evening, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Danni said...

Cute card. I like both images below, I think it's all a matter of preference.
I use to always pick my paper and then color my images but now I color first. It really helps to challenge me as I don't always have the "perfect" shade of paper or whatnot so I use up stuff I normally wouldn't use.

Janna said...

Heather I love it!!! You did an amazing job! I love the pink striped paper paper too! I just think it looks so rock star like! This is amazing!!! Your really did a great job!! Excellent!

Smiles,
Janna

Cathy said...

Heather,
You really did a great job with this card!!So cute. Love the colors! I use both methods. Sometimes I color first and ask questions later and sometimes I pick paper then color. TFS!!

Smiles and hugs!!
Cathy

Emily said...

I love the cards....of course, I love to RocK!!! I do think I need the shimmers :(....this is where my $ goes :P!!!!! GREAT JOB, and thanks for the encouragement!!!!

nicky w. said...

Cute...cute...cute...

That's a good question... I think it depends on my mood. I normally color first and then find the paper...unless I happen to see a paper that I really like, then color according the paper. Matching the colors is what takes me so much time. That's why I sooo appreciate cards that match well and I LOVE Stampin' up... they take the guessing away.

Carolyn Bounds said...

How very precious!!! I know "precious" is not the word to typically describe a rock star, but I just couldn't help myself!!! I love your rockin' layout, and the pink striped paper is awesome!!! You definitely created a winner with this one!!! I love it:o)

Hugs!
Carolyn

Kimmie0270 said...

Ian and Anya are EVERYWHERE... LoL. Very cute card.

Heather - check my Diamond in teh Rough Post from this week.... is that you?

Bonnie (eggette) said...

Hi Heather, Love this bright and beautiful card - we actually have a shining SUN today so your card is just adding to all the beauty of the day! I usually pick my paper, then use my copic colour chart to choose my copics and then colour away! However, sometimes it still ends up being a dud!! lol!1

Maria said...

Hey Heather! Your card is awesomely cute with all the pink yummy colors!! It's so sweet looking. Your images are so beautifully colored!! I really love the sparkles on the guitar!!

I usually color my images first then choose a paper. Coloring my images are just a random thing for me. . .with no forethought but I do sometimes do get into a mess because although I have every color of designer paper imaginable, sometimes the tone of color I used on my image don't quite exactly match the designer paper. I always say to myself to pull a paper first but I always forget to do so.

Hope you have a fabulous day!!

Maria

Summerthyme Studio said...

Funky Card Heather!!! Looks like I missed a lot of fun stuff while I was away.........glad to be back and catching up!

Happy Sunday

Hugs,

Vicki

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

How fun...love that paper too!! Ian looks awesome with the red streaks in his hair, and I love how you did the nestie on this!!

I do it both ways...it really depends. Sometimes I have colors I want to use, and sometimes I just feel like using a certain paper so I color the image to match.

Nicole said...

Good Afternoon everybody!

Not sure how everyone else feels about February 14th, but I always seem to get really stressed out! I always send my friends a Valentine's Day text message, just to say hi! However I find a text message a bit dull, but I have found a different way to send a greeting which has a much more vibrant, and upbeat feel about it! My friend Lizzy first introduced me to the world of electronic greetings about a year ago when she went back packing around Australia. She said she found it hard to write letters, and she didn't always have a mobile phone signal! So whenever she had the chance she would go into an internet cafe and send an e-Card. This method is such a great way to keep in touch with friends, and family. With Valentine's Day coming up I think it is a good way to just send a little surprise greeting. I have done my research, and tried out loads of different sites, but I have now finally found the best Free Romance e-Card site for me. This site has both romantic, and funny, light hearted Valentine's Day e-Cards, so there is a card to suit everyone! E-Cards are not for everyone, but I think they are definitely worth a try! Just wanted to share my thoughts and findings with you all! Hope you find this useful, Kind regards, Nicole.

Cassie said...

you're killing me!! LOL!!
rainbow hair!!! oh.my.GOODNESS!!! that looks incredible!!!

were you a hair dresser in another life?

cute card - i didn't know ian rocked too!