Monday, January 5, 2009

Willow in the Rain - A Whiff of Joy Stampation

Willow in the Rain

Happy Happy Monday Everyone!

Well Christmas Break is over and I can not say I am too glad. I really enjoy having my kiddo's home and getting to play and have fun together! I wish I could keep them all small and young forever, they are all growing up so fast!!! My Baby Tucker is now 18 months old and after having him at the farm for 4 days he came back seeming much less of a baby to me than when he left!!! Tears! His speech has exploded since he got home he has a word for lots of things now and before he left he was not really doing that if I say truck he says truck, and if I say lets go get Willow from School he says Go Widow.

Now his sisters were talking in Paragraphs by his age and Willow knew all her colors shapes, and about every word in the English language by his age so this should not surprise me, but he has talked so much slower than his big Sissy's that it is weird to have him spouting out words like he is since we got him back from Grandma and Poppy last night!!!

So Here is my Card to share with you today. My colors are not quite showing up how they really are. I used SU Pink Pirouette, Passion Pink, Going Gray and Whisper White Card Stock. I borrowed Willow's Willow in the Rain stamp she got for Christmas. (Stamp from Whiff of Joy)

I cuttled the Gray piece of Card stock with the CB embossing folder and my Big Shot. I cut out the largest and next largest Lable #1 Nesties and embossed the edges of them with the Big Shot and the Nesties. I Stamped Willow in Black Momento Ink and colored her with these Copis:

Copics I used to Color this Image:

Grays: C3, C5, C7

Rain: B00, Bo2

Pinks: RV00, RV04, RV09

Hair: Yoo, Yo2, Yo6, Yo8

Skin: E00, Roo, E51, E95

I colored the image first and decided to go with Gray and Pink for the Outfit and then the rest of the card just kind of came together. I love these top note shaped Nesties and I had to use them but they were to small for Willow to stand on so I diagonalled (hmm not a word, but I like it!) them! :-) Oh my I just spell checked and guess what is a word diagonallized!!! Whoo Hooo another cool word to work into my stamping blog!!!!! LOL

This is my very favorite Ribbon, I am a Silver and Platinum kind of girl and I adore the color silver so I love this thick wired shimmery till there is no end Silver Ribbon. I have been buying it at Hobby Lobby, but last time I went they were out so I hope that does not mean they are not going to carry it anymore because I love love love it!!!

I am not sure what is up with the colors here they look like the image is really old and faded, but here is the long view of Willow and the Card Cropped. I cut out only the parts of the rain that were on the stamp and I still wanted the Umbrella and Willow to be show cased so I actually cut the rain out maybe a tad bit weird to keep Willow as the main image of the Card.

.......

I glued the Dark Gray textured CS nestie onto the Pink Nestie die cute, but I popped out the Pink Nestie die from the Gray Cuttled Background, and then I also popped Willow out from the Gray Nestie die with excess rubber and foam from my stamps.

Well I hope you enjoyed this card Willow sure liked it when I gave it to her. They let me use their stamps I buy them I just have to make them some of my cards to keep! LOL They are always asking me to make them cards have been for 2 years and I always said I will make another one later for you, but 8 times out of 10 that later never came so I am getting better about making them cards to keep now!!! They love them, and it makes them feel loved to get them so what could be better than being loved by your little girls, and giving love back????

I am working on the SCS Technique lovers challenge now so I will probably have a 2nd Post today!

See you soon!! Have a Very Stampendous Monday!!!!!

Heather

12 comments:

Danni said...

Super cute! Even if the colors aren't true to life, it's still adorable!

Tanya said...

I think its really cute! The colors are perfect for a rainy day- gray becuase hey, rain is gray, and pink to give a shot of fun! :)

the whimsical butterfly said...

Hey heather! SO Sweet! I'm waiting on my FIRST WOJ stamp from All that Scraps and I'm SOOOO excited to get it!!!! Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog..I've enjoyed getting to know you and can't wait til Twinkling Tues tomorrow!!!

Hugs!

Emily said...

I love pink and gray!!!! Maybe I'll be able to call you, or come over sometime????? I have to, to get my order :)!!!!

Alicia said...

Very Cute! Sometimes it's just hard to capture a good picture....I know I struggle with that! I don't have any of their stamps yet, but I love the samples I've seen made with them. I'm working on a card now for Stamp Club this month. It's not for 2 weeks, but if I don't start now, something will come up and I will be creating something the night before!

Janna said...

Hi Heather,

sorry i have been so remiss in posting and leaving comments. I was a little under the weather and basically have done nothing. Yesterday was the first time I stamped anything in a week!! horrible I know! Enough about me, this is so cute!! I wish I could see it in person because the colors look so awesome!! You are truly getting wonderful with those copics! Love all the little details you did on the pants!! Okay, so I am casing the diagonal Labels! I just bought some, I couldn't resist!

Lots of smiles,
Janna

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

This is awesome! Love the diagonal labels, your terrific coloring, and that perfectly tied bow!!!

Isn't it funny how it seems like the kids just start talking one day... both my boys did it.

Hugs, Jami

Bev said...

Oh wow! This is just exquisite Heather - I love the colour combo.

hugs Bev x

Regina said...

What an adorable card - so much attention to detail - love your sentiment technique too!

Cathy said...

Very cute. Love this WOJ stamp.

Kristin Bueter said...

Wow...this one is adorable! Love the colors, and the main image!! Too cute :O) Oh, and your use of the Cuttlebug and the Nestabilities is wonderful!

nicky w. said...

I am just so amazed where you find the time and energy to create and posts all of your sweet projects, after keeping your home, and taking care of your 3 adorable kids...oh and your hubby. Kudo's to you!!!