Thursday, January 22, 2009

A Valentines Day Snow Globe 1st Sneak Peak of SU Stampers Club Project for this weekend!

"Will You Be My Valentine???"
Hello,
.......
I could go on for hours and hours about my day today, but let me just tell you I spent almost 5 hours saving the lives or our new Fish!!!! Oh My word what a day!!!!!
.......
They are all fine now and we only had 2 out of 10 die yesterday, but I was trying to keep a very sweet 4 year old from having her heart broken!!!!
.......
So needless to say the day was pretty much shot and I had so much stuff House and Stamping wise that needed done!!!! I am so far behind, but I did get this 1st Project for stampers club this Sunday done. I know what the other two are going to be it is just getting them designed and cut for and the sample put together that needs done, and the other 9 projects I wanted to be done by Sunday may have to be later next week.
.......
O.K. I know you are probably tired of hearing about my day and want to see the Eye Candy right????
......
So my theme for Stampers Club this month is Snow Globes. I wanted at least one of the projects to be Valentines Day themed as we will not be meeting again until after Valentines day. Now to my friend Jami Bova you are going to laugh when you see this card because I sort of cased the Christmas Card you sent me and changed it around and used different images, but you will recognize it I am sure!!!
.......
I always try to make my Monthly Stampers Club project cute and creative, yet doable so that 10 ladies can get 3 different projects done in our allotted 2 - 2 1/2 hours of club time. I think this one is doable, but one of our other projects is pretty involved so I am hoping we can get them all done on time!!!! I will share that project tomorrow or Friday!!!!
.......
So Here is the first Card.
.......
I used the SU Round Tab punch for the top of the Snow Globe, and I actually added some ribbon up there after taking these pictures it added a lot to the card. I used an old SU corner punch I picked up at a Garage Sale for $4
.......
(Now every time I talk about picking stuff up from a Garage Sale it is the same one I am talking about every time. I have only been to one, but I picked up a million great SU finds there!!!)
.......
I drew a diagonal line across the corner punch and cut it off then snipped the edges off to leave the heart open like it is and then glued onto the corners with Glue Dots. The Large White Circle was cut out with my coluzzel, and the scalloped circle was cut with my Nesties. I first stamped the images onto Whisper White Paper inside the nestie sitting on my paper to get the right placement. Then I took the nestie off the paper and colored in my images.
.......
I choose this retired SU Valentines Day set for our 1st Card this time. I usually use current SU sets, but this time this set was toooo cute to pass up!!!!
.......
I could not decide which was more work coloring in the white background, or cutting out the images and gluing them onto a colored paper background. I ended up deciding it would be less work coloring in the white background. I actually did it all with my BG00 Copic, but I will have my SU Girls do it with chalks or Aqua Painters and ink - that will use much less ink up!!!!
.......
.......
The Boy and girl were colored with:
.......
SU Markers: Summer Sun, Brilliant Blue, Real Red, Chocolate Chip, Basic Black.
Copics: B00, B02, B08
R00, E00, E95
RV00, RV04, RV09
B100,
E00, E51, E95
Red I can not remember the colors
Yoo, Y02, Yo4, Y08
I colored in the falling snow with my SU White Gel Pen, and I made the puffy snow with White Puffy Paint Heat set with my Embossing Gun. (I am always on the phone with my good friend Janna Hull when I do Puffy paint not sure why???)
.......
Here you can see the puffy paint better it is so much fun to watch it get taller and taller!!!!
.......
I glued the scalloped layer onto the white layer which I had already distressed the edges with a Kitchen Knife (one of these days I will get me that SU distressing tool!!!)
I then adhered the White layer onto the SU Regal Rose Card Back with excess rubber and foam from my stamps to really pop that layer up. I also glued the Round tab punch folded in half to the White layer. I drew the white lines on with my white gel pen again.
.......
.......
I guess that is about it for this project!
.......
Have a Stampendous Night and I will be back tomorrow during the day (Friday)

Oh I thought I would add a quick picture of Jami's totally awesome Christmas Card she sent me. Now I had choosen Snow Globes for our theme for this month about 6 months ago so I already had planned to do 3 snow globe projects, but when Jami's card came I knew I wanted to case a few of her wonderful ideas for our Snow Glob Stampers Club!!!!!!

.......
Heather

15 comments:

Janna said...

Heather, I love to read your posts! They are always so much fun! I think I must inspire you to heat things up a little! LOL! Seriously though. I love this project! I think your stampers club will too. It is so cute and fun and perfect for kids valentines. I love your coloring on it and the detailed corners really make it pop!! The snow of course looks fabuous and your coloring is just amazing!!! I can hardly wait to see what your other projects are!!

BTW, so sorry about the fish! I know that is just so frustrating. I am anxious to hear how they did through the night. HOpefully the crisis is over!

Lots of smiles and hugs,
Janna

Emily said...

Hey girl,
Hope we can talk longer next time :P...I have a background stamp set that has tiny dots that they could use with craft ink to make the snow...It would take about 1 min to do that and they could emboss it to get the "puffy" look...I also hope your fish are still alive..we are going swimming and to set in the hot tub tonight, sometime you should come!!! Talk to you later, I love the card, by the way and Kev's been in such a bad mood I didn't want to even say what I wanted to do sunday :( , but I haven't given up hope yet, but I hate to have you get stuff ready for me if i'm not comming... :( Talk to you later, em

Heather "Hev" said...

This is so lovely Heather :)

Very very cute indeed!!

Great work saving the fish!!

Have a wonderful day :)

Danni said...

Sorry you had a long day. Fish can be so hard to keep!
Adorable card and very clever!!

Cathy said...

Hi Heather,
Sorry about the long day and the fish. I hope everything turns out okay. I love your posts and your projects. This is just too cute. You're a very sweet person and I hope to get to know you better. Have a better day and enjoy your projects that everyone loves!!
Hugs and smiles,
Cathy
PS. If you ever feel the need to RAK someone, let me know and I will send you my address!!!LOL

Debby said...

You have a lovely blog and I'm sorry about the fishie. Hopefully today is a better day!

Cindy Haffner said...

Sorry about the fishie, love your card, so darling.

Michelle said...

Heather, what a cute card! This might be a dumb question but if this is for your stamp club do you have them color the boy & girl with your copics as well? I love all the details - punches, doodling, puffy paint...it's all so pretty!

Sorry to hear about the fish and your long day! I have a 5 yr old and I TOTALLY understand keeping them happy. Sometimes she will get so upset and I can't get her to move past it. She's got a HUGE heart and what's the best out of everyone & everything. Not bad just impossible sometimes (as I can't control it all, LOL).

How's the weather in your neck of the woods? I can't believe it was in the 60's yesterday and freezing cold today! I'd much rather have the warm weather!!

Hope your Friday is going better! Take care,
Michelle

Tina said...

Hope you have a better day. The cards are lovely and the images are so cute.

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Sorry to hear about the your fish Heather and glad to hear the others are fine. Your card is gorgeous and just love the little scene and snow effect, Love how you have added the tab punch and those beautiful corners, Your card from Jami is gorgeous too, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Forgot to say.. Hope you have a great weekend xx

Maria said...

Such a gorgeous card, Heather!! I really love the colors and the pretty scallops!! I love what you did with the corners too!!

I wish we had garage sales that sold SU stuff. I rarely ever come across garage sales that sell craft stuff! You are so lucky!!

Maria

Susan said...

Sorry about the long day and the fish. It happened to mine as well. I'm a big girl and can handle it, but children get so attached so easily. I love your card though! How cute it is and it will be great fun for your activity! The colors are great!

Tanya said...

Oh how sweet! LOVE the snow globe idea! I would never have seen my Round Tab Punch that way...!

jami {sgtStamper} said...

Good for you for saving the fish! Fish never last in our house. We had a goldfish once that lived longer than a month and the boys changed it's name to "Survivor" LOL!!!

LOVE your card!! This is one of my fave valentines stamp sets - I still use this one! And they are perfect in that snowglobe!! Gorgeous coloring!!
hugs, Jami