Monday, January 26, 2009

Stamper's Club Project #2 A Snowy Scene in a Globe

A Snow Globe Winter Scene!
Hello,
.......
Well I guess I inadvertently took the weekend off from blogging, I did not plan to, but that is how it worked out.
.......
Saturday I thought I would post this card, but my friend Janna kept me on the phone for hours and I tried and tried to get off the phone with her to no avail, (LOL!!!) then we had a Birthday party for my Nephew which is an hour away so 2 hours of driving, and we were at the party for 4 hours so by the time I got home it was rush like crazy to get the kids situated, in bed, run to the store to pick up some stuff for club finish getting all the stuff ready for Stamper's Club and then (Oh yeah insert messing with the fish tank and fish for 2 hours again because the levels were all at Danger levels again even though I had spent 5 hours on Thursday trying to make everything better, but Sigh we have not even had the fish for 2 weeks and I am sort of regretting it, not totally because the kids love them, and they are fun to watch, but it has added hours and hours, and hours onto Mommy's schedule and I just do not have those hours to give right now!!!! LOL. Well if the tank would just work the way it is supposed to and the levels would not go into danger zone every couple of days it would not be such a hassle. This time 1 more fish did not survive, maybe God just wants this to be a very, very memorable experience for me!!! LOL!!!!!
.......
So anyway I did not get this posted until today because Sunday it was Church then Stamper's Club, then helping my friend order her copics and then it was 11pm and I had to go to bed so Here is my card finally!!!
.......
.......
The Winter Scene, and the Snow flakes are all stamped in the new Versa Mark Dazzle (Champagne shade). If you do not have any of this new Versa Mark you have to get some it adds so much sparkle and well Dazzle to your paper!!!! You can sort of see the sparkle if you look at the top of the card!!! SU Card stock in Whisper White, Brocade Blue, and Bashful Blue were used for this card.
.......
We stamped the House scene on Bashful Blue Paper, and then punched it out with the larges SU circle punch 1 5/8" circle. The bottom of the Globe is punched out with the SU round tab punch on SU's Shimmery Silver Metallic Paper. The White Snow is Puffy Paint, for club I had them draw in all the snow with a White Gel Pen and it looked pretty cool, but I realized today some one went home with my sample so I had to make a new one to blog with, and so I ended up using Puffy Paint this time. I think both techniques work well!!!
.......
We cut out the Top note with the Big Shot, and distressed the edges with Brocade Blue ink, and embossed it with the Big Shot and the Cuttle Bug D'vine Swirls embossing folder. We used glue dots to glue the Blue part of the globe onto the silver base and Stampin Dimensionals to adhere the whole globe to the top note. We used Bashful Blue and Brocade Blue SU 1/4" gross grain ribbon for the bow. Then we adheased the Top not to the rest of the card using excess rubber and foam.
........
Well I now have to run and get all the designing I did not get done last week done this week. I have so many cards to make in the next couple of days it is not funny!!!! But hey all the more Eye Candy for you to see!!!! Yea!!!!
.......
Have a Stampendous Day!!!!!
.......
Heather

10 comments:

Danni said...

I wondered where ya were!!
Cute card! That embossing folder is perfect with the image!

Cathy said...

This is very cute and detailed. Love the puff paint. I have to tell you that every time I come to your blog that littl picture of Tucker is just the cutest thing. You can see the personalities in all of your children! So cute!!
Hugs, Cathy

Janna said...

THis is so cute!! I am sure the girls had a lot of fun making this card!!! Congrats on selling a big shot that is awesome and I did not keep you on the phone, I think you have it reversed!

Smiles,
Janna

Regina said...

That was hard weekend for you. I'm sorry with the fish.
This card is absolutely adorable! What a clever idea, I love it!

Cassie said...

You and Janna talked about me?!?!? ha! That cracks me up!!! Which is good as I was totally miffed to hear that your feet SHRUNK during pregnancy. Guess I know what I'll be asking God for should I ever be pregnant again!! :)

Also - this card is waaaay awesome!! I never thought about that set being a "winter" set and not just "christmas"

jami {sgtStamper} said...

Love all the wonderful shades of blue! And that Dazzle is really fun!!! Love it!!
hugs, Jami

Cindy Haffner said...

i love all the shades of blue too. And Tucker is lookin so cute on your side bar. And so do the girls.

Sally13 said...

It's a beautiful card.

Greetings
Petra

Maria said...

Hi Heather! Janna talked your ear off, huh! LOL!! Just kidding. When I'm on the phone with a friend, there's no getting me off either!! Sounds like you had a busy weekend!! It's sometimes good to take a break from blogging!

Love your globe card!! It's so cute!! I love the cb embossed background and the pretty snow!! Feels like winter looking at your card (I live in California so it's sunny here).

Maria

nicky w. said...

So creative!