Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Princess Anya - a Sketch for Madelynn's Twinkling Tuesdays Challenge

My Twinkling Shimmerized Princess
Hello Everyone,
.......
Well today is Tuesday and we all know what that means a Twinkling Tuesday Sketch Challenge from the very talented 8 year old Madelynn!!!!!
.......
I can not get over how great this little girl is with her sketches!!!! When I saw this one I just went OH My!!!!! It was sooo cool, yet just a tiny bit daunting!!!!! I knew it would be so much fun to do though, and I have been telling you how I have all these Anya's and Ian's already colored up and ready to put to paper so I got out my Shimmerized Princess Anya and picked out some pretty pink papers and went to work!!!!!
.......
Here is Madelynn's Sketch for this week, I really thought it was so much fun you have to play along when you have a moment!!!!
.......
Here is the Card I came up with for my Anya Twinkling Tuesday Sketch Challenge. I used the pretty Pink Polka Dotted Paper. The think layer behind that is a double sided Card stock that is very light pink on one side and a little darker pink on the other side. You can also see that in the folded down corners on the middle layer it shows one side of the paper and then folded down the other side of the paper.
.......
I adore that pink swirly paper I have been wanting to use it for a long time now!!!!
.......
So for my two double layered circles on the sketch I added the two pearl and silver buttons and for my square or rectangle that is what I mounted Anya on.
.......
Card Recipe:
.......
Papers: SU CS in Pink Passion, Whisper White, and 3 UID DSP's.
Inks: Momento Black Tuxedo Ink, Copics in
RV00, RV04, RV09, Y00, Y04, Y06, E00, R00, E51, E95
Stamps: Princess Anya from The Greeting Farm
Accessories: Crop-a-Dile, White Brads from Paper Studio, Bubble Gum and Burgundy Shimmerz, (Painted on the Eye Shadow, Star, Crown, and Light Pinks of Anya's Gown. SU Corner Rounder Heart Punch. Two Pearl and Silver Buttons from a Huge Bag-O-Buttons from Hobby Lobby.
.......
.......
I am so sad you can not see the Shimmerz as well as I usually can get it to show up, but I did get it to show some. I usually turn my card a bit more with my hand into the light to get the real good shimmerz view, but my Camera Batteries are going dead and I only had like two seconds to get these pictures. The Shimmerz really makes her Eye Shadow and Eye's so pretty though!!!
.......
.......
Well I really hope you enjoyed my cards I think this one is one of my favorites in a while!!! Funny I used to never be a Pink Girl, but I am now I really am starting to like it!!! I think it took having daughters to start liking Pink a lot more!!!! LOL. Hop over to the ever talented - Jessica's Blog The Whimsical Butterfly. To see the sketch and all the DT girls samples!!
.......
I hope you are having a Stampendous Tuesday or is that a Twinkling Tuesday???? Hmmm???
.......
Heather

12 comments:

Emily said...

Hey girl, I love your card and the pink!!!!!! I am patiently waiting for my copics!!!!

Danni said...

Oh my! This is so cute! I love it!! the way you folded the corners over, the pretty buttons, the shimmerz....LOVE IT!!

Danni said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Danni said...

Oh my! This is so cute! I love it!! the way you folded the corners over, the pretty buttons, the shimmerz....LOVE IT!!

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Oh she is gorgeous Heather and I just love your colouring and her shimmer, Love all the pink (my fav colour) and the turned in corners and pearls look fab! Big Hugs, Nikki x

Ashley said...

Very cute Heather! I love those pearls and all the pink!

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

Oh, I love how you turned down the corners, and those buttons are just perfect on this sketch!! Gorgeous!!!
hugs, Jami

Janna said...

Heather this is so cute!! I love the color combo and the way you turned down the corners with the brads! It makes it look like polka dots! The coloring is amazing and I love how you created the highlights in her hair!! Exceptional job!

Smiles,
Janna

Regina said...

Oh, this is so pretty! Such totally sweet images, beautiful colouring and colour choices.

Cathy said...

Heather, love the buttons and she is just too cute. (Got her in the mail yesterday)! Of course I love the pink and her lovely highlights. Hugs, Cathy

Tanya said...

Very sweet! Love the little princess!

nicky w. said...

I've been slacking!!! I didn't do her previous sketch and it's already the weekend and I haven't even started this one... Love your card!