Thursday, January 8, 2009

Pipers Snowman Project

Piper and her Snowman Project
Hi There,
I have a very quick post. I just had to share the project I helped Piper with tonight.
.......
They were given these White and Black Snowmen from school and they were supposed to Create a hat, any kind of hat for their snowman and then write a story about the hat they made on the snowman body.
.......
Then they were supposed to color the snowman, and cut the snowman out.
.......
Piper made her snowman look like this.
Here is the Full Snowman Cut Colored and Decorated with a Story. I got out 8 Colors of Shimmerz for her to paint the snowman face, nose, scarf, and gloves. Then we got out some of my New Felt Snowflakes from Stampin Up Mini Catalog, and some Fire and Ice Rhinestone brads from SU as well. We drew the hat free hand and then cut it out. Piper wanted to draw snowflakes all over the hat so she drew her own snowflakes with a pencil on the hat. Then I let her use my Crop-a-Dile and I helped her attach the brads to the snowflakes and then the snowflakes to the hat and snowman. We put some glue dots behind the snowflakes and the hat on the snowman to help them stay on better and then she wrote her story.
Here is a close up of the Snowman's Face.

I think you can read the Story O.K. without me typing it out, but I thought she did a super job with it. It was so much fun helping her do this and seeing her creativity and excitement to use all my Stamping supplies. She loved the Shimmerz paints and you can imagine how he shines and glitters if you have used those shimmerz!!!

Here is Piper with her Snowman. She has a black eye right now because while she was playing with her best friend Grace from next door today Piper got to close to Grace on the Swing set and got whacked pretty bad in the head. She cried for a long time on that one!!! She has quite the goose egg on her cheek and eye.

Willow really really wanted to be in the picture too so I took one with both of them with the snowman.

O.K. Piper wanted to get on the floor and do Snow Angels with her Snowman in a picture so this is a close up of Piper doing a Snow Angel with her Snowman.

.......

I hope you enjoy Piper and her Snowman. We really had fun together making him!!!!

.......

Have a Stampendous Night!!!!

.......

Heather

8 comments:

Danni said...

Super cute and how fun for her to use the shimmerz!!

Ashley said...

Great pictures!

Emily said...

It is totally worth all the money we spend to see our children enjoy what we do, even if our husbands don't understand!!!!!! I love the hat, just enough sparkle!!!!!!!!!!!

Janna said...

Heather, this is so cute!! Piper did a wonderful job on her story and the snowman!! Wow, she is really making some great sentences! I am sorry to hear that she got hurt! Poor baby! That looks pretty painful! I hope she is feeling okay!

Smiles,
janna

mojoprice said...

Your kids are all just absolutely adorable. Thank you for the kind comments you left on my blog. I really appreciate the support and understanding. I thoroughly enjoy browsing your blog. Your artwork is gorgeous and your blog is so fun to read. Thank you for sharing!

Regina said...

Oh, a wonderful great snowman! Pipers working is amazing! And I like it, if I know, what I need everything for this cool snowman! Very perfect and grandios! Piper, thanks for sharing!

nicky w. said...

Please tell Piper that I loved her snowman... so CREATIVE, just like her Mommy!

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

Watch out...Piper's gonna have her own blog pretty soon! She got that description down pat...so impressive!! Sorry to hear about her goose egg...ouch!
hugs, Jami