Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Lizzie with Muff a Whiff of Joy Stampation - for Madelynn's Twinkling Tuesdays Sketch Challenge #4

Snow Flurries????
Hi All,
.......
Well my computer was just doing some mad things!!! It just took me 40 minutes to edit 5 pictures. It took 10 minutes for Photo shop to open the photos. I finally hit Control Alt Delete and it was all my Internet connection. I closed it down and then the last 4 of the 5 pictures took less than 5 minutes to edit!!! Wow how frustrating!!! Oh this is the 2nd post today so don't forget to scroll down and see this weeks Flutter By Wednesday Card too!!!
.......
Well I am posting my take on Madelynn's Twinkling Tuesday Sketch Challenge from this week. I finished it last night, but I wanted to leave my Flutter By Card up for a while before posting this one. Don't you just love Flutter By Wednesdays???? I am having so much fun with it!!!
.......
Another Challenge I am loving is 8 year old Madelynn's weekly sketch challenge. She is so good at coming up with these sketches and I think this one has been one of my favorites so far. You can head on over to Madelynn's Mommy's blog The Whimsical Butterfly - to find out the details and how to play also to get links to all of the DT girls samples from this week. After you look through this blog you will not wonder how Madelynn is so talented. The Whimsical Butterfly has quickly become one of my favorite blogs to read and see all the amazing talent Jessica has to share with us!!!
.......
So here is this weeks sketch Challenge:
.......
Here is my take on the Challenge:
I had fun with this one!!! I took My yet unlinked Lizzie with Muff from Whiff of Joy image and inked her up and started coloring. I am sorry ladies I can not remember all the colors I used and I do not have time to run up stares and look, but I used both SU Markers, and Copics. The reds were copics, the Blues were SU Brocade Blue, Bashful Blue, and Bordering Blue, The Browns were copics and the Skin was Copics E00, Roo, E51, E95. Sorry I do not have them written down for you. I took my white Puffy Paint and put it on the fur of her Coat scarf, and boots, then used my embossing gun to heat set it and puff it up. I love watching it rise and rise up!!!
Can you tell how Puffy the Puffy Paint is???? It is so cool!!!!
.......
I cuttled a piece of Bayou Blue Card stock with my D'Vine Swirls CB folder for the piece behind Lizzy. I then took some real Red CS and used my Cross Hatch SU Background stamp and some Versa Mark ink to do the pattern on the RR CS. I punched the bottom with a Martha Stewart Lace Edge punch. I used my Crop-A-Dile to punch the wholes for the Rhinestone Brads in Fire and Ice Circles and I used Blue Ice, and Red Fire Brads from my SU Rhinestone Brads.
.......
I took some of my new SU Felt Flurries Snow Flakes and added them to the top left of the Card with my Crop-a-Dile and another Fire Rhinestone Brad in the middle. I used one of the Large Medium, and Small Snowflakes. I love them they are so fun!!!! I popped several of the layers up with SU Stampin Dimensionals as well. The shimmery silver ribbon was from Hobby Lobby.
.......

Well I hope you enjoy this card I think it is one of my Favorites in a while, I am not sure why, I just liked it when it was done. Maybe it is the colors??? I am not quite sure, what do you think??? I am working on Ashley's Etsy Challenge now so I will post that and pictures of that Wonderful RAK from Germany later!!!!

......

Have a Stampendous Wednesday Everyone!!!!

.......

Heather

19 comments:

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Stunning card Heather and just love the fabulous colour scheme. I have this stamp too and she is still not inked :-( Lizzie looks gorgeous and your colouring and puffy paint looks fabulous!.. such a great effect. I love the embossed background and pretty lace edging, Your snowflake is just so pretty and the rhinestone brads just finish the card perfectly..

Thank you so much for visiting again today and i'm so glad you enjoyed the peaks.

Big Hugs, Nikki x

Regina said...

This is adorable!!!!! Those are great colors together.
Lizzy with Muff is so cute!

Danni said...

What a super cute card! Love it!

MacKenzie said...

Great card Heather. I REALLY like how you cuttlebug the layer behind the main image!

Cathy said...

This is another great card!! I love Whiff of Joy images and she is lovely! I also like to red and blue combo, very striking. I'll be looking in on you later!
Hugs, Cathy

Madelynn said...

Hi this is Madelynn. My mom just got that stamp and I have been wanting to use her! your card is so pretty. i love the brads with the jewels. thank you for playing my sketch

the whimsical butterfly said...

Heather this is SO adorable! ha ha Madelynn is right...I JUST got this from all that scraps! I LOVE her! I'm waiting for the cocoa Willow to come back in stock b/c I still dont' have her and I really want her, too. Love WOJ stamps, don't you?

Thanks for all your comments today..things have been nutty here the last few days and I've been wanting to write you back :) you are so sweet to leave so many nice comments and at least we can keep in touch through our blogs esp. if I cant write abck as soon as I want to!

You are so sweet and I'm so glad we are getting to know each other! HUGS!!!

Janna said...

Oh, Heather!!! I knew this card was going to be pretty when you described it to me, but I had no idea it was going to be this gorgeous!!! I am loving your coloring and the liquid applieque on her coat and muff! The snowflakes are fantastic and I love, love, love the layers and texture!!! THis is the perfect card!!! Stunning in every way!

Thanks so much for talking to me again today! I hope I didn't keep you too long, but I always enjoy our chats!!

Have a good evening and I am sorry about the computer that is super frustrating!

Smiles,
janna

Summerthyme Studio said...

Heather, this is SO pretty!!! Love the sketch, the colouring and the image!!!

Vicki

Kim Dellow said...

Oh cute, what a lovely card, beautiful colours. Kim

Kimmie0270 said...

What a beautiful card! I LOVE how you colored her in and the embossing and punch rock!

Tanya said...

This is a great card! I really love that Lizzie, and these colors are so fun!
So I was browsing your whole blog looking for when you tagged me and gave me an award (so I can do that!) and found a bunch of posts scattered in that I completely missed the first times around! sheesh! :)

Ink, paper and BLING! said...

Gorgeous cards! What a wonderful and creative way for your blog to show sneak peaks, at the top, I love that idea for every day.

I just wanted to thank you so much for your kind comments about my card today at Pink Cat!

Rieca

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

Oh wow...I love this!! These colors are awesome, and that layered snowflake is perfect with that Lizzie image!! I think this is my new favorite of yours!!
hugs, Jami

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

This is gorgeous, Heather! I just love it! You did a wonderful job with the sketch. :)

Carolyn Bounds said...

What fabulous eye candy!!! I love every stunning detail...your colors, your coloring, the gorgeous snowflakes, the dry embossing, the EVERYTHING!!!! You have created a defintie head turner with this beautiful creation!!! I love, love, love it:o)

Love and Hugs!
Carolyn

Tina said...

Very pretty, the image is adorable.

Cassie said...

oh gosh - this one is beautiful too! i love how you cut out your girl and mounted her on the embossed background! such a great look and a trick i'm filing away in my brain!! I'm so glad you join us every week!!

Elizabeth said...

I love this card! I am falling in love with the Whiff of Joy images and I hope to get some of them on my next stamp purchase.