Thursday, January 29, 2009

A Lily and Billy Valentine Challenge

Riding to the Valentine Tree
.......
Hello All,
.......
I think I am about to give up on my days of getting a second post in. I used to be able to, but things seem so busy right now I can not get back for that second post. Which is O.K., but sometimes I have a second project I want to share with you!!!! LOL.
......
So my good friend Janna Hull of the Pink Cat Studio DT is hosting the first DT challenge of the new team and I wanted to play along. You should to if you own any Pink Cat Stamps because there is a prize for this one. You can see the Challenge rules and such here on the Pink Cat Studio Group on the Paper Craft Planet.
.......
Janna's Challenge was to create a Pink Cat Studio Project that spells out LOVE somewhere in the Project or card.
........
So with my card I decided to do this for the LOVE acronym.
.......
L - Limitless Limbs Set, Lilly, and Lace
.......
O - The shape of O in the Wheels of the Bike Lilly and Billy are riding on.
.......
V - The Valentines Tree Lilly and Billy are riding up the Hill to get to.
.......
E - I joked with Janna that E was going to stand for my Entry into the Challenge, but she told me that did not qualify, so E stands for the Eyelet Lace Punch I used to punch the edges of the pink matte layer.
....... So Here is my Challenge Card for the DT Challenge. I wanted to use my new Pink Cat Studio set Lily and Billy Sweetheart set. I love Lily and Billy and all the wonderful things Melissa does with them!!!! So I choose Lily and Billy on the Bike I love Billy giving Lily a ride in the basket it is just too cute!!!!

.......

I took some post it notes and tore them into the shape of a hill, then took some sponge daubers and Close to Co Co and Chocolate Chip SU ink to make the hill, then I took 5 different colors of my Copics to create the grass and layered and layered it until I got the look I wanted. I am not sure on the grass at first I was leaving it in patches because the hill is brown, but then it ended up being on the whole Hill what do you think????

.......

I got out My limitless Limbs PCS set and stamped the flourishes tree, and then stamped 4 of the Valentines Lily and Billy are holding in the new sweetheart set on the limbs, and then I used the two hearts from the Limitless Limbs set to make the rest of the hearts on the tree. I colored and stamped the hearts using my Real Red, Passion Pink, and Pixie Pink SU markers and my Basic Black marker. I also used my SU Glorious Green marker to make the stems of the hearts on the tree.

....... I drew the sky with two of my Blue Copic shades to make the sky the different colors you see. Lastly I took some white Puffy paint and embossed it to make the puffy white clouds in the sky. Below you can see my clouds

.......

.......

.......

I guess I better go get ready we have an appointment at 6 pm to re-close on our house since the interest rate dropped over 1%, and I am taking a friend out to Dinner for her Birthday we are going to a really nice sit down restaurant with candles and the waiter dress up and they treat you like royalty so it should be nice and a quiet dinner where we can actually talk without a million interruptions!!! LOL!

.......

Heather

21 comments:

Danni said...

Wow! My jaw dropped, this is amazing!!! You really outdid yourself......wow! Simly one stunning, beautiful, amazing card. Wow!

Melissa said...

WOW Heather! This is so creative!! It looks like a page out of a picture book! Awesome work!!

Rachel said...

wow! this is gorgeous heather!

Maria said...

Wow, Heather!! Your drawing of the scenery turned out fabulous!! I love the hill and the grass. . .you did a wonderful job with your drawing!! The tree looks so pretty too as well as your coloring of Lily & Billy!!

Wow, 1% interest! That is awesome. Have fun celebrating your friend's birthday!!

Maria

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Oh Wow Heather, Awesome work and you are so creative, I just love Lily and Billy riding up the hill. Love the gorgeous tree and pretty lace punched border. Hope you have a great meal with your friend, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Cathy said...

Heather,

This is stunning!!!! I love it!! You did a fabulous job with the challenge. I love the whole thing!!

Have a great dinner with your friend.

Smiles and hugs,

Cathy

Janna said...

Heather this is fantastic!! I just love what you created! It is so wonderful and I love all the details you put into it! Amazing job! I hope you had fun tonight at dinner! Oh and would I be one of those interruptions that is preventing you from a second post? LOL!

BTW, I tagged you woman!

Smiles,
Janna

Tasha Hickert said...

Hi there, guess I know what you've been doing! The card turned out great. I saw the challenge on Janna's blog but didn't think twice since I don't have anything Pink Cat. Then I remembered that Grace does! Hmm...it just seems wrong to have to borrow things from your first grade daughter! ;)

Regina said...

I don't even know what else to say. WOW !!!!!!!!
Heather, your working is amazing!!!!
Such totally sweet images, love your layout, the lace punched border is adorable and the clouds - great!!!! I enjoy your creativity!

Ashley said...

CUTE card!

Conibaer said...

Your card is just beautiful! I LOVE it! ;o)

maddy hill said...

Heather what a delightful card ! i love the hearts on the tree and the colours are yummy !

Mariska said...

Wow this is just gorgeous Heather. Love the gorgeous colours and the scene is just so lovely. That punch you've used is amazing!!! It's very hard to get punches here in The Netherlands, I'd love to own one like the one you've used. Gorgeous work!!!

xxx
Mariska

Mariska said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tanya said...

This is so sweet! I love all your LOVE elements!

Louise Forsyth said...

This is really lovely!
Thanks for all the info in the comment you left me.

Karen Barber said...

Hi Heather! I found your blog again from Tasha Hickerts......you are designing with new stuff now, eh?? I love your butterfly card below......I was completely out of the loop while my grand daughters lived with us but am back to blogging pretty regularly now. :) Just wanted to say hi - and oh, i love the little floating dots on your blog,,,,,so cool. :) Happy Stamping, Karen B. :)

nicky w. said...

This is so cute Heather! Great tip about the hill...that's awesome! I love your coloring too!

Carolyn Bounds said...

This is too sweet...and I mean super-duper-sugary-SWEET!!! I love everything about this fabulous card!!!! Your coloring is amazing, all the hand-drawn elements are incredible, and the layout is marvelous!!! WoW!!! What can I say...I simply LOVE IT to pieces!!!!

Hugs!
Carolyn

Michelle said...

ok this card is fabuloso!!! WOW! I just keep looking at it as I'm in awe - you are one creative girl!

Cassie said...

this card needs one word:

F.A.A.A.A.B.U.U.U.U.U.L.O.U.S!!!!!