Thursday, January 1, 2009

Laundry = Job Security! I made 4 Cards Today :-) A Card for Lauren Meaders SS#17 Challenge.

Hello All,
Well I made 4 cards today. I know I am amazed to, but I only have 1 card to share tonight because 2 of the cards are for Wednesday's Featured Stamper Flutter By Challenge for Danni's Dreams, but it does feel good to have my projects for the Featured Stamper Team done already !!!! No last minute procrastinating on this one! :-)
The last of the 4 cards I made, I will share tomorrow. How did I get 4 Cards done you ask? Well all 3 Kiddo's are at the Farm (3 hrs away) with Grandma and Poppy Schlatter. I was not going to send Tucker, but then at the last moment I thought you know what I could really use a little break right now and I have so much stuff I want and need to get done so I sent all 3 kids to play with Grandma!!!
Let me tell you it has been so incredibly quiet at our house Going from 3 kids 6, 4, and 1 to no kids really changes the noise level that is for sure!!!! DH was home all day for the Holiday but we both mostly just relaxed he watched movies and I stamped!!! It was so nice. Not that I do not have a ton of laundry waiting for me to put it away, but I took the day off! Thus this Card.
Here is Laurens Sketch for this week LMSS17
Man am I glad the Holiday's are over this is the one sketch I promised myself I would play in every week and I have not been able to do many of them the last two months with the Holidays and all that goes along with that!
I made this card to send to a dear blogging friend who alerted me to this stamp to begin with. I loved the card she made with it! I loved the colors she used too, but since I am going to send this to her I had to make a really different card. I loved Lauren Meaders Saturday Sketch this week and I wanted to do that sketch so I combined it with the card I needed to make for my friend as well.

I colored the image last night using these Copics:

I know it shows up kind of sketchy with the coloring, but that is coming from the lighting and flash it is not really that way in person. I played around with the flick technique. I had not heard of it before until yesterday when Katie from Paper Make - Up talked about it. You flick the tip of one Marker across the tip of the other marker to get a color you do not have it worked great to get the darker brown I wanted for the moose. The Darkest Brown I have in Copics is Sepia and it is O.K. but I needed it darker for some of my shading so the flick technique really did what I wanted to achieve!!!

I was trying to decide which of my colors I wanted to play around with and I was going through the cards I had made lately to decide which of my new copics I had not used yet. I realized I have not really done anything with the Orange shades so that is how this Bright Card was born!!!

For CS colors I used SU Whisper White, Yo Yo Yellow bottom right piece, Summer Sun, top left piece, Tangerine Tango the orange die cut with the Scallop Circle Nestie, Pumpkin Pie the orange piece cut and embossed with the CB folder and corner rounded with the decorative corner rounder under the scallop Circles. The Card Base is Only Orange. So I used 3 different Oranges and 2 different Yellow's, and Whisper White.

The Ribbon is from HL it is a sheer orange Organza Ribbon I really like a lot it is so shimmery and pretty! I just realized I left of the two circle pieces in the lower right had corner of the sketch, but oh well to late now at least for the pictures they are already all edited, cropped, and on this post!!! Darn wish I had not forgotten to add that on the sketch!!!

Here is the 2nd half of the Hand written Sentiment. I was stumped for a Sentiment and I called my neighbor/good friend/SU Down line/fellow Dazzling Diamonds Designs member, Tasha and asked her what Sentiment would be good for a Too Much Laundry Card???? She came up with some idea's and then I made it what I thought went with the card. She came up with the Job Security part as we are both Stamp at Home Mom's!!!! LOL I just saw that expression for the first time yesterday! It fits since we are both SU Demo's and Stay at Home Mom's for the most part!!! (I did get up to the Hospital on New Years Eve and finish up those in service hours I needed to, to stay on the Call In list and I signed up for call through February 25th so we will see from there what I end up doing. I have not been called in, in over 12 weeks not sure I would remember how to do my job if and when I do get called in again!!!! LOL.

Here is another closer view of Riley that also shows you more of the Sketch. I Cuttle Bug Embossed with the Swiss Dots, Circles and Blooms, and Circles CB embossing folders and my Big Shot. I corner rounded the two Yellow shades of CS pieces with the SU ticket punch, and I did the Pumpkin Pie piece with my favorite elegant Corner Rounder. The Orange Scallop Circle and the Orange cuttled piece are popped out using excess rubber the two yellow pieces are glued down, and the white Scallop Circle is glued down. I used two glue dots holding the Ribbon in place where I want the ends. I had wrote the whole Sentiment.

Above is one last Side view kind of shows you how it is popped out. I hope you enjoy the card I had fun making it that is for sure, I loved all the bright Colors!!!

Have you ever noticed that I use almost any colors and I do not really have a personal style?? I like to try new things and change things up a lot instead of sticking to one shade of colors and one style I like simple and elegant, to fresh and fun, to unique and funky styles I will try anything that looks like a learning or fun experience!!!

Well let me know what you think I will post my Willow in the Rain Card tomorrow. I can not wait to share my Flutter By Cards I worked so hard on later this week!!!!

Have a Stampendous Day and I hope you can stamp this weekend!!!!!

Heather

13 comments:

Emily said...

I wouldn't know about that!!!!!! What is laundry?

Danni said...

This is just the cutest!! Love it!!

Kimmie0270 said...

I LOVE that Moose! He's just the cutest! Great job coloring!

the whimsical butterfly said...

This is ADORABLE Heather! That little Riley is funny and YES, with a household of 6 don't we KNOW IT? LOL! Love that sketch, I'm going to have to give it a try! Hugs!

Kristin Bueter said...

Awwh...so cute, Heather! I love that you are not afraid to use colors!! I really limit myself sometimes...

I thought Tascha was your neighbor/friend that you talk about! I noticed you were from the same town. She had me laughing out loud when I saw her blog and the post about her craft room. I was also laughing at your comment that you left. My husband would have said something similar to your husband so I didn't even show him the pictures :O) I'm supposed to be cleaning my craft room this weekend but I keep getting side tracked making cards/projects with ideas that are coming to me :O) What can a girl do? Have a great weekend!

Ashley said...

How cute!

nicky w. said...

Love it Heather! Nice color choice and that Moose... he's so cute. And don't ya know... it is job security...I was just looking at the full basket waiting for me this weekend.

Regina said...

Beautiful color choices on this card! A gorgeous take on the sketch!

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

What a fun card!! all the cheerful colors almost make laundry look like fun! I'm very lucky that dh does it a lot of the time.

Your copic coloring is fantastic girl!! Love it!!
hugs, Jami

Erin... said...

cute, cute, cute!! and seriously, why does laundry never end!!!! beautiful coloring!

Tanya said...

haha, very clever!

Janna said...

Cute, Cute, Cute!!! Love all the textures and shapes you added!! Riley is of course adorable, but the sentiment is what really makes it!!! I am so proud of you!!! Four cards in one day!! You go girl!!

Lots of smiles,
Janna

Cathy said...

So cute! I love the colors and the sketch is great too.