Saturday, January 17, 2009

How To Make a Childs Art Kit Gift Set - Lily and Billy Style

"Lily as a Princess" - Gift Set
Hi All,
.......
Well I am going to share with you a Kit I made today for a little girls Birthday Party. I needed a gift for one of Piper's little friends, and I thought of this idea to make a "Princess Art Kit".
.......
I am going to show you some pictures of what the gift items looked like before I started and then again after they were decorated to make:
........
"A Princess Art Kit"
.......
.......
So the first Picture is all the items I used to make up the
"Princess Art Kit Gift Set"
.......
I bought a Cute Princess bag. I was going to make my own, but when I saw this one and the Crown comes off to make the little girl a crown I knew it would be perfect for this gift.
.........
.......
So there was a gift bag, Scented Crayons, Journal, Book with pages to paint, Water Color Paints, Pencils, a cute lavender and Velvet Feathered Pen, and Disney Princess Rings. I changed the Disney Princess rings into a Lily Princess ring, and made all the other items "Lily Princess" decorated items to go in the "Princess Art Kit"
........

Lily was colored up 3 different ways Light pink dress, and bright pink and lavender accents, Bright Pink Dress and light pink and lavender accents, and lavender dress and light and dark pink accents. I learned it takes about 5 to 6 minutes to cut out each Lily. I have never timed it before, but when you are cutting out 11 of them you start looking at the clock. I tried a bunch of different ways to make it faster and all of them took 5 to 6 minutes. I have told Melissa over at Pink Cat Studio we need a Lily Punch!!! LOL

........

I forgot to take a picture of it, but I also wrote on the bag in the star.
"Princess Art Kit" I dressed up some more of the Cinderella Lily, and Snow White Lily, and Tinkerbell Lily's for this Gift Bag.
.......
Here are a view close up's of the altered art items to make them Princess Lily art items. I used my shimmerz paints in various places all over the kit items to really make them sparkle!!!!
.......
Here is the "Princess Lily" ring I made.
The crown looks red, but it is light pink and bright pink. My girls loved them. Another favorite of thiers was the Pretty velvet and feathered lavender Pen with "Princess Lily" on it!!
.......

I just added the above close up so you could see the Shimmerz I painted on different images of the "Princess Lily's" and the Accessory images of the kit.

.......

Well I hope the little girl who gets this loves it. The next one will go faster because I know what I want to do now, but this took me around 5 hours to do this, but that is mostly because I had to design it and start from scratch and next time I will have a much better idea of what I want. Maybe next time I will not be cutting the Lily's out, or at least not 11 of them anyway!!! LOL.

.......

Gift Set Recipe:

.......

Paper: The Card Stock colors are SU Pretty in Pink, Passion Pink, Lavendar Lace, and Whisper White.

Inks: Momento Tuxedo Black. SU Markers in Lavendar Lace, and Passion Pink, Copics in ROO, E00, E51, E95, RV00, RV04, RV08, BV00, BV02, BV08, Y00,Y02, Y06, Yo8, B00, B02, B06, R65.

Stamps: Dress Up Lily from Pink Cat Studio, SU Pretty Princess , Elegant Alphabet, and Doodle Alphabet from SU. Oh and another princess set I can not think of the name right now it is SU too.

Accessories: 1 1/4" Circle Punch SU, Score Pal, Paper Cutter, Scissors, Self Adheised Rhinestone Brads in many sizes came as a sheet from Hobby Lobby diamond jewel tone (these are all over the project on all the Princess Hats, Crowns, and Septars.) Stampin Dimensionals, Glue Dots.

.......

Well I hope you have a Stampendous Sunday hopefully I will be back to show you more of my Anya and Ian Cards I have been working on. Marvin has a 3 Day weekend so Monday I think he is going to work on building me more shelves and storage in my Scrapbook room. We started it on Labor Day weekend and I worked like 35 hours in there organizing, and now it needs a lot more work to finish it up!!!! Today he took all 3 kids to Salina to meet up with His bother and go to a Wild Life Zoo there so that is how I got to work on this project today.

.......

Heather

15 comments:

Regina said...

oh, this birthday set is fantastic! Great work! This birthday girl would to enjoy!

Lily princess is very nice!

Heather "Hev" said...

What a very fun present :)

Will be adored!!

Danni said...

I forgot you lived in Kansas! The zoo at Salina was one of our favorites!
What a clever idea to make a gift set! I rarely think outside the box like that. Very cute!!

Paula said...

way too much work for me...just go to the store and buy something....they will forget about it in a week anyway....have a great day

Cathy said...

Hi Heather,

I think this is adorable!! I have a little girl looking over my shoulder right now that thinks this is wonderful!! I'll have to do one of these for her.

LOVE IT!! Good luck on your application too!!

Hugs, Cathy

Carolyn Bounds said...

What little princess wouldn't love this adorable set?!?! I am a grown-up, and I love it!!! You do some amazing things with your Lily stamps!!! I am always so impressed at your creativity!!! This set is fabulous!!!

Hugs!
Carolyn

Emily said...

very cute

nicky w. said...

Such a sweet gift. I'm sure Piper's friend will love it!

Janna said...

Heather this is incredible!!! I can definitely see why it took you so long to create! The details are amazing!!! Good luck witht he DT tryouts, they should be blown away by this!! It is so creative! How do you make the costumes for Lily? Are they drawn? That is amazing!!

Is Tucker feeling any better? I hope so! Thanks so much for talking to me again today!! I really enjoy it!!

Smiles,
janna

Tanya said...

Oh how cuuute! Any girl would LOVE it! I immediately recognized all of your princesses and Tink...could be becuase I live with a little Princess myself... *wink*
Thank you so much for all your sweet comments. I know alllll about busy life. It never ends but that's ok. Wouldn't want it any other way!

Mariska said...

I'm sure the girl who will receive this will love this Heather. When I first saw it I thought... oh my, that must have taken her hours to create!! And I was right, five of them :). It was worth it though, the set sure looks a lot lovelier with all the Lily's on it. But next time I'd use less cut out Lily's as you yourself suggested :). It's very cute though!!! Great job!!!

xxx
Mariska

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Oh Wowzers Heather! What a fabulous gift set. You have done such an amazing job! Any princess would love, love, love to have this set! Big Hugs, Nikki x

Summerthyme Studio said...

What a clever Idea.......this is so cute and adorable........5 hours! WOW!!!! Yeah, it is always easier to repeat projects, isn't it.......... well it was worth it, you did a lovely job on this

Vicki

JessicaLynn said...

What a great set you created. Thank you for sharing!

Jessica Lynn :)

Lise Roy said...

oW1

what a fun project!
So cute!!