Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Hello - Ian! Madelynn's Twinkling Tuesday's Challenge - Card

Hello Mr. Ian!!!!
Hi There!!!!
.......
This is my 2nd post today so read below for my Flutter By Wednesday Card.
.......
Now before I even go anywhere with this post I have to tell you as I was on the phone with Janna this morning she pulled up my blog to the Lily and Billy Butter Fly Huntin card and said Oh My Heather you did a wonderful job on your Twinkling Tuesday Sketch. Well I had not really made that card for the sketch, but I made it after this card I did make for the sketch so they actually do work for the sketch.
.......
So Any Hoo I guess I have 2 Cards for this weeks Madelynn's Twinkling Tuesday Sketch Challenge!!! If you click on the Sketch I have it linked to The Whimsical Butterfly Blog that will take you to Madelynn's weekly sketch and you can see her Mommy's very talented work, and you can see the other DT Samples for the week. This weeks featured Twinkling Girl is my friend Danni who does the Flutter By challenges.
.......

I just love Hello Ian!!! He is so sweet and gentle it seems, with maybe a little mischief behind that bent head??? I choose two DSP's that coordinated and then the piece of ribbon was just sitting on my workspace from a card I did that week and Wowza could that ribbon not be more perfect for this card???? It is double sided and both sides meet the colors of the whole card!!! It was a pure mistake perfect find that is for sure!!!! I first colored up Ian and then went looking for paper, and this is what my fingers found!!!

.......

Here is a close up of Just Ian with his pretty yellow flower he is soooo cute is he not??? I love The Greeting Farm Stamps now I am hooked!!! Thanks Jessica!!!!

........

I choose SU Certainly Celery, and Bashful Blue for the CS colors and then the Ribbon and the Papers are UID I know the papers came in one of those huge paper packs I get when they are 50% off. I have been buying Paper for 10 years now here and there when it is on sale and I counted it all and organized it in 12 categories a while back and I have over 2,000 pieces of 12 x 12 CS, and 3,000 pieces of DSP. This is not including all my SU Paper because that was before I started SU so add another couple of thousand to that. However I am finding making all these cards you can go through paper pretty darn fast so I am glad I have it all!!!!

.......

So Here are two final views of the 2 cards I made that work with Madelynn's sketch this week I hope you play along too it is so much fun to do!!!!!

.......

Well one Scheduled post left later today!!! I hope you are having a Stampendous Wednesday. We have a hugely busy night ahead of us and Hubby is out of town again, so Yea!!!!!

.......

Heather

13 comments:

Cathy said...

Hi Heather,

I love this so much!! I have been trying to get these stamps, but they are sold out every time. I'm getting depressed. I want Ian and Princess Anya-ok I want them ALL!!!

Your paper is adorable and he is colored to perfection. Great card.

Danni said...

Oh this is cute! Such a great masculine card!! Awesome!

Emily said...

I love his colors!!! You are getting better, and now need copics...thanks!!!

Janna said...

Heather, like I said on the phone, this is absolutely fantastic!!! I love it so, so much!! The colors are just perfect and the ribbon is amazing!! You are so lucky with finding things!! I just love everything about this card!! I think I could repeat that statement a thousand times!! Amazing job!


I hope tonight goes well. Hopefully Marvin will be home in time to give the kids a bath so you can have some stamping time. I would promise not to call you tomorrow, but I probably will wind up doing it. lOL!! THank you so much for being my friend!!

Lots of smiles,
janna

Ashley said...

Super cute cards Heather! I love them!

Regina said...

Adorable card! What a sweet image, such gorgeous coloring and details, too!!!

Heather "Hev" said...

What beautiful cards Heather :)

Your cards are always so happy and cheerful :)

I missed out on Flutter By last week - so I am hoping I can get it done for this week!!

Have a wonderful day

Hugs Heather

nicky w. said...

Soo cute Heather!!! As always, I love your cards!!!

Kimmie0270 said...

they are both just so wonderful. Great take on the sketch - just fabulous!

Cindy Haffner said...

I love your cards, so fab.

Paula Still said...

WOWZA, Heather!! These cards are super cool! Love Ian and the DPs you used and your coloring is ... well ... WOW! Great job! Can't wait to see what's next!!

Paula Still said...

WOWZA, Heather!! These cards are super cool! Love Ian and the DPs you used and your coloring is ... well ... WOW! Great job! Can't wait to see what's next!!

Cassie said...

oh heather- that ian is just precious!! he makes me think of a little scottish boy!!