Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Flutter By Wednesdays Week #2

Flutter By Wednesday's
.......
Hello,
.......
Well it is Week #2 for the Flutter By Wednesday Featured Stamper Group, I am enjoying being part of this group so much!!!! I have met some really neat ladies on the team!!!!
Flutter By Wednesday's Featured Stampers Team:
.......
.......
This week I chose to use my Brand New SU Stamp Sets I earned last month. I had been eyeing Flight of the Butter Fly for a while so I was very happy to earn it for free!
.......
Well as I was planning this card out I had the colors Bright Pink, Orange, and Yellow Pop into my head not sure why. So I picked out some Passion Pink CS for the Card Back, and then some bright yellow DSP with yellow swirls through it. The swirls in the DSP inspired me to get out my D' vine Swirls CB embossing folder and cuttle the Pink cardback with it, as well. Plus what goes better with Flutter By's then swirls????
......
So here is my full card below.
.......

The Pretty Organza Sheer Shimmery Orange ribbon is actually more the color of the large orange Flutter By to it's right, not sure why it photographs so dark.

.......

So for the Big Flutter By's I inked them in Yo Yo Yellow, Only Orange, and Passion Pink SU inks then I took one of the corresponding foreground design stamps for the large butter flys and stamped it onto the Flutter By in Whisper White Craft ink, and then covered it in Glittery Shiny Silver Embossing Powder, and I embossed them so with the glitter in the powder they really have some bling for us!!!!

.......

For the 4 smaller Flutter By's I stamped them in Yo Yo Yellow, Pink Passion, and Only Orange, and then I took one of the other colors and swiped it across the edges of the inked image, and it distressed the images in that color to give the Flutter By's a variegated look. I took Some SU Whisper White CS and cut out my top note with my big shot. I then took my Pink Passion SU Marker and then inked in all the slash marks already in the big shot shape. Then I took my Only Orange SU Marker and edged the entire top note edge with the orange.

.......

I stamped the Sentiment also from that set in Memento Tuxedo Ink.

The Sentiment says:

If nothing ever changed there would be no Butter Fly's. - Unknown.

.......

The top note is popped out with excess rubber and foam from my stamp sets, and then the Flutter By's were all attached with a glue dot under their body and then the wings were folded up.

.......

This next picture shows you the card from a side view so you can see all the dimension this card has!!!!

.......

This card was so much fun to make and as much as I love coloring my images it was nice for once to use some of my bold images and get out the embossing gun as well!!!! The Colors went well with all the Flutter By's I think. What do you think????

.......

I was going to share a second card, but I am saving it for next week so next Wednesday there will be 2 Flutter By Cards.

.......

Something about Flutter By Wednesdays:

Remember Danni is going to be giving some Blog Candy away at the end of the month to all those who play along with their flutter By Cards and then link them to Danni's Flutter By Wednesday Posts. You can be entered additional times every week you do a card, and you will get a Flutter By Set from the Angel Company who Danni Demonstrates for what better gift???? Plus there are lots of other goodies in the candy. All ya gotta do is make a card and share it with us how easy is that????

.......

If you play along or upload the card to SCS or PCP be sure to use Key words and tags FBW40 so we can check out your lovely creations as well. Feel free to leave comments on our blogs as well so we can head over to see your lovely cards!!!!

.......

Do not forget to drop by the other girls on the Team to check out their wonderful Creations too!!!! They all rocked it last week!

.......

Well I will be back with some more Cards and with some pictures of the best RAK I got in the mail yesterday it was from my Wonderful Blogging Friend from Germany Regina! Regina was kind enough to mail me a bunch of very yummy German Chocolates, I mean a bunch like 4 different very generous amounts and kinds, plus some yummy German gummy bears, plus her packaging was all very Lauren Meader Esque it was sooo cool, and Regina's friend Sylvia stamped me up a bunch of Magnolia's, Tilda's, and some Whiff of Joy images like 30 of them!!!!

.......

Wow Regina I am so blown away by your kindness!!!! Regina mailed the package to me on December 4th and it just got here today I have no idea what happened to it, but WOW it was worth the wait (even though I had no idea it was coming!!!!)

.......

Luckily my good friend and next door Neighbor speaks Germon so she could read me what the Chocolates said!!! Woooo Hooooo Regina thank you ever so much!!!

.......

Well Have a Stampendous Wednesday and I hope you play along with a Flutter By Card if you do leave me a link too!!!!

......

Don't forget to check out my friend Tasha's Blog Candy there are stamps for Valentines Day, Easter, St. Patricks Day, Spring, lots of different Ribbon and much more!!! It ends Sunday the 18th, and all you have to do is Comment for one entry and link her blog candy on your blog if you want a 2nd Entry. Easy Peasy!!!!

......

Plus her Card of the Month Club is pretty cool you can get 10 great Cards each month you want them for only $10 plus shipping. Great for those busy people who still want to send out home made cards!!!

.......

Heather

15 comments:

Cathy said...

Hi Heather,

I LOVE your card. The colors are great and really are eye catching.
Your RAK sounds wonderful!! I wish I had someone that could mail me images like that. I love those stamps so much. You're a lucky lady!!

Hugs, Cathy

Kimmie0270 said...

That sentiment is absolutely awesome!

Heather "Hev" said...

Such a beautiful bright and vibrant card :)

Would make even a sour puss smile!!!

Tina said...

So colorful and wonderful.

Ashley said...

What a pretty card! I love the colors and the side view is fabulous!

Michelle said...

Heather,
GREAT card! Love the colors and all the dimension! THat is a wonderful sentiment. My DD is in LOVE with butterflies so this sentiment would be perfect on a wall hanging of some sort. Thanks for the great inspiration!

mar1ene said...

Hi Heather,
I really enjoyed myself browsing around your lovely blog!
You've got alot of talent, and I'm sure I'll be back visiting soon!

Love your latest creation with the butterflies.. simply gorgeous!

Have a wonderful day,
Hugs, Marlene x

Mariska said...

Oh Heather this is so gorgeous!! I love the gorgeous butterflies and the swirly sentiment and the gorgeous ribbon. Love it!!

xxx
Mariska

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

This is just so pretty Heather and just adore the colours, The butterfies are so pretty and just love the sentiment pattern trailing the main image, Hugs, Nikki x

Regina said...

Wow, this card creation is FANTASTIC!!!! Always inspiring & creative idea!

Danni said...

Your card just makes me smile with it's bright, cheery colors! Love it! Thanks for all your work on this!

Emily said...

Love the colors!!!!!

Janna said...

Heather!!! Another fabulous creation!! You are really rocking these Flutter by challenges!! I love the dimension you created with the butterflys! They look like they might take off at any moment!! I am so proud of all the cards you do! You are amazingly talented and don't forget it!

Smiles,
janna

Nikki said...

Beautiful bright card Heather

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

Fabulous card!! Love all those butterflies and dimension!!

What an awesome RAK to get! I love German chocolates! When we lived in Germany, I would love all the Christmas chocolates...there was this one kind that were little squares individually wrapped and they would just melt in your mouth. I sure miss those!! Ahhhh....thanks for the memory!

hugs, jami