Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Flutter By Wednesdays - Featured Stamper Cards

Flutter By Wednesdays at Danni's Dreams Blog
My Featured Stamper Cards

Well it is finally time to share my first Featured Stamper Cards for Flutter By Wednesdays over at Danni's Dreams. This is actually week 39 of Danni's Flutter By Wednesdays, but it is the first week for Flutter By Wednesdays with a Featured Stamper Team!!! So Yea!!!!

Here are the Amazing Stampers Danni has chosen for her January Featured Stamper Team. This will be the team for at least January maybe more depending on how it all goes.

Flutter By Wednesday January Featured Stampers:

Ashley Cathy Heather Kimmie Michelle Tina

If you want to play along with the Flutter By Wednesday's all you have to do it make a card for the Flutter By Wednesdays using a Butterfly or Flutter By in that card. Leave us a link on Danni's blog (and our blogs also if you want too!!!!) so that we can all check out your wonderful Flutter By Creations!!! We are all excited to see the wonderful Flutter By Talent out there!!!!

If you want to upload your card to SCS or PCP please use the Key Word FBW39 in your key words or tags for your photo of your Flutter By Creation!!! Danni is offering up some Blog Candy for those who play along in the Flutter By Wednesday Challenge this week so be sure to head to her blog to check it out!!!

Now with no further adu I will share the two cards I created for our very first Flutter By Wednesday Featured Stamper Challenge!!!

Here is my Card above. I got this single butterfly SU set at a Garage Sale and had been itching to Ink it Up. My 6 year old, Daughter Piper's favorite Color is Purple so I choose to use shades of purple for this first card. I made it while Piper was away spending time at Grandma's so I told her on the phone I had made her a card because I was missing her!!! I gave it to her when she got back home on Sunday!!!!
Here are the Details for this Card:
I Stamped it in Whisper White Craft Ink, and then Embossed it in Deep Eggplant shiny Purple Embossing Powder.
I then colored the image in 8 different shades of Pink, Lavender, and Purple. I used my shimmerz paints in Burgundy, Royal Purple, Lilac, and Angel Wings to paint some of the sections of the wings to add some bling to the butterfly. I cut several different shades of Purple out and die cut them using my Scallop Circle Nestie, and then I took a Whisper White piece of CS embossed it with the CB De vine' Swirls Embossing Folder and then Distressed it in Elegant Eggplant, Lovely Lilac, Orchid Opulence, and Lavender Lace inks.
I took some Burgundy/Bright Purple Sheer Organza Ribbon and tied a knot in it and then pulled it through a punched hole in each corner of the card and then took scissors and cut it in strips to give it the Pom Pom look.

I took this view so you could hopefully see the sections of the Butterfly's wings I painted with Shimmerz and how glittery, and shimmery it made the Butter Fly. I am not sure how well it is showing up, but I did the sections on the very tips of the wings the darkest sections I painted with Royal Purple Shimmerz, and some of the lighter purple sections I painted with Lilac Shimmerz, and the Pink Sections I painted with Burgundy Shimmerz.

The 8 Copics I used to color in this image were:

RV00, RV02, RV08

Voo, Vo2, Vo6

BV00, BV02, BV08

I took this picture just to show you how each section Pops out using excess rubber and foam from cutting my SU stamps. I hope you enjoy this card Piper loved it and I was pleased how the end result turned out!!!!

Now for my 2nd Card for the Flutter By Challenge (I am not sure I will get two cards done each week, but for the first week I wanted to share 2 cards!)

I took Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze, Sahara Sand, and Kiwi Kiss Card Stock to make this card. I used my Scallop Edge SU punch to do the Scalloped edge, I used my tearing edge tool to do the tearing, I used SU Set Kind Thoughts (which is retiring and 10% off through Jan 18th by the way). I used Not Quite Navy, Old Olive, and Whisper White Ink for the stamps. I used the big image from Kind Thoughts for the middle of the card, and then stamped that flower from the set all around the big hallow flourish stamp. I also added some Hemp Twine. The Flutter By pops out with Stampin Dimensionals as well.

The Best Part of this card is below. The card is a Spring Card. Spring as in it springs open and shut using the techniques below.

I took my 1 3/8" SU Circle punch and took my scissors and started cutting a small rim in circles around the punched out circle I did it all the way into the middle and when you stretch it out you get this spring I attach one end of the spring to the Flutter By, and one end to the card. I did this for two of the Flutter By's and then added the other two Flutter By's just for the effect of it. I stamped the Flutter By's in Baja Breeze with that ink, and Old Olive with that ink. Here is a closer look at the springs and how they are attached to the Flutter By's. After I made this card I actually saw one similar to it in Barns and Nobel believe it or not. I wanted to kick myself because I wished I had my camera to take a picture of the one I saw in the book store to compare it to the one I had just made days before!!!!
Well I will leave you with two last looks at my Flutter By Creations for this week. I hope you decide to play along too and show us some of your wonderful creativity with a Flutter By Card!!!! Do not forget to go to Danni's Dreams to see what she has for you today, and hop by all the other stampers blogs on the Featured Stamper Team to see the amazing Flutter By Projects they have to share with you too!!!!!
Have a Stampendous Wednesday and I really do have 2 more cards done and ready to share with you later today. I was going to post one of them yesterday (Tuesday, but the day just got away from me and I did not have the time to post the card I made that morning!!!) One is for Madelynn's Twinkling Tuesday Sketch Challenge which Danni is also a member of.
Enjoy the cards and let us know what you think!!!!
Heather

17 comments:

Regina said...

Oh, Heather, the cards are absolutely adorable!
First card: the coloring on your image is wonderful! I love your idea with the circle step by step. And I love lila!!!!
Second card: It's a surprise card! Wonderful! The pop-up-butterflies are so cute! I love this card too!

Tina said...

Great cards Heather. Love the spring card, great idea.

Danni said...

You know I love both the cards! Thanks so much for doing such an awesome job!!

Kimmie0270 said...

That first card is simply Jaw Dropping! It's fabulous and I MUST case it! :)

My card will be up this afternoon on my blog.

Alicia said...

Very pretty cards. I'm going to have to check out the butterfly challenge card site. I haven't tried a spring card yet....I'll have to do that this year at club sometime.

Have a great Wednesday. We are home from the hospital and glad to be. Hope you are having a good day!

the whimsical butterfly said...

Wow Heather! So pretty!!! Congrats on your first FBW!!! I am looking fwd to seeing all of your beautiful butterflies...you know I love em! Hugs!

Emily said...

Love them, even more in person :)

Ashley said...

Heather! You out did yourself! These are gorgeous! I love them both!

Summerthyme Studio said...

Both of your cards are sweet. I really LOVe the interior of the second one!

Happy New Year!

Vicki

Michelle said...

Wow your awesome - TWO CARDS!!! They are both beautiful but the purple one is GORGEOUS!!! I'm blown away with it....the image, your coloring, the layout...all AWESOME!!

Janna said...

Heather, these are both fantastic!!! You are so lucky girl! When I go to garage sales, I never find anything good!! I am just blown away by both of these cards! They are so stunning! Danni is lucky to have you on the team!!!

Will Piper let this card out her sight? I know if purple was my favorite color I wouldn't! LOL!

Thanks for all the sweet comments you leave me! I am so glad we have become friends too! That is one of the things I love about stamping, all the wonderful people you meet!

Sorry I can't talk more, MFT is having a release party tonight, and you know how I love my headless girls! Lol!

Lots of smiles and hugs,
Janna

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

I love that purple card!!! The dimension on those scalloped circles is amazing, and I love how you did the ribbons in the corners!! Love the colors of the 2nd card too! I won Kind Thoughts set in blog candy before Christmas, and I'm sad to say it hasn't seen ink yet... this makes me want to pull it out and use it for Flutter By!
Hugs, Jami

Lise Roy said...

WoW
I love th first one!
Beautiful!

Eve said...

I LOVE all the detail you put into your work!
Wonderful job on the cards.
I really like the colors together as well.
Kindly,
~Eve

Cathy said...

Wow!!! These are beautiful! Love the texture and colors. Really great!

Kristin Bueter said...

These are both beautiful, Heather! I see I've missed some great posts these past few days that I've been too busy to blog OR stamp :[ Tear...

Seriously, these turned out great. Your style seems to be evolving and I love what you're coming up with (I do anyway, but you know what I mean) :O) Both color schemes are fantastic and the layouts are perfect!!

nicky w. said...

All of these card are fantastic!!! Thank you for sharing them!