Monday, January 12, 2009

The Fish Are Here!!! A couple of Fish Cards to Celebrate

Well Hello Everyone!!!
.......
How are You Today????
.......
Well we got Willow's Fish Today Finally. Most of you remember that one of her Christmas Presents was a Fish Tank from Santa, and some Money to go get some fish. We finally got the Tank up and running yesterday and so today it was ready for some Fish!!!
.......
I promised her when I picked her up from Pre-School we would go to one of the Pet Shops and pick out some Fish. Now we had already gone last Wednesday just to get an idea of what she wanted so today was just finalizing it. Who knew how expensive it is to start up a fish tank??? Needless to say it took way more money then Santa left her, but I had to be careful because I said something to Piper about no we could not go get something additional she wanted in the fish tank because Mommy and Daddy had already spent way more on it then we planned to, and she said "Well you know Mommy Santa brought Willow the Tank, and he left money for Willow to get fish so you really did not spend much at all on it"!!!! LOL O.K. Mommy shut mouth now and pay attention to what you are saying I thought!!!! LOL!!!!
.......
So now we have the fish and I have some hilarious pictures of the 3 Cats each when they first discovered the fish and what they did I will try to add those later. The kids spent hours sitting and watching them and they have dragged toys and books over to where the fish tank is just to sit and watch it while they play. It is in a little spot behind my smaller couch (love seat) and the space is pretty small so seeing my 3 kiddo's and Grace the neighbor girl and Piper's best friend crowded in there pretending they were Mommy's and daughters who just got fish today was pretty comical!!!!!
.......
So anyway I thought it only fitting to post some Fish Cards to go along with getting Fish. These cards may be a different level of cards than what I usually share here on my blog, but I taught these in my Monthly Stampers club and well if 10 ladies are going to get 3 projects each done in 2 hours then they can not be Mega involved I have learned, but I always try to make them fun and creative yet doable during our Club time!!!1
.......
I taught these Cards earlier this year to my Monthly Stampers Club. The first one is a Slider Card. I cut two slits in the CS about 1/2 inch apart in two places one set for the turtle, and one set for the two fish. Around the two slits you slide in a piece of card stock and wrap it around the two slits making like a ring around the slits. You then glue the two ends of the ring together and then you Glue your stamped item on it. It will then slide back and forth. The two fish slide towards and away from each other, and the Turtle slides right and left.
.......
I wanted two of the Orange and Black fish (Clown Fish I think????) to slide towards each other, but my stamp only stamped one way so I stamped it again upside down and now I had two fish facing each other.
.......
I tore pieces of Card Stock and distressed them to make the waves and added some Dazzling Diamonds glitter in the waves for some sparkle and bling. I think the rest is pretty self explanatory.
This next card is called the Reflection Technique. You stamp the image on your card and color it however you want and then you stamp it again on Acetate, or Transparency paper and turn it upside down and push on the acetate to make the ink on the paper and the image looks like a Reflection of itself. You can do this technique like reflection on Water, or in a Mirror looking back at you. It is a fun one to play around with. I made 3 of these cards differently to see what I liked best. My favorite one is the top one which one do you like????
I also used the baby wipe technique on this card to make the waves. I wiped a baby wipe in my ink and then ran it across my paper lightly.
Here is the Darkest of the Cards above.
Last I stamped the Image on White Card stock and colored it in, and then popped that up from the paper to make it look like a 3-D whale.

The above card is not terribly Creative, but I wanted to let them learn the Water through a Window Technique. I took some Men's Hair Gel and added some blue food coloring (it does not take much) then I put some in small Jewelers Zip Lock bags and adhered that to the back of the window with glue dots. So when you look thru the punched out window you can see a fish swimming behind the water. There is also bubbles in Hair Gel so that works well with "The Water Look". This is also the same fish as above the clown fish just colored differently each time. The set we used for all these Cards is SU retired set Silly Sea Life.

.......

Well I hope you enjoy all of these Fishy Cards.

.......

Have a Stampendous Day and let me know what you think!!!

.......

Heather

6 comments:

Summerthyme Studio said...

Out of the mouths of babes! I loved your Fish Tank Story........Thank Goodness Santa didn't leave money for a new Mustang Convertible.......hehe

Your fish cards are WAY cute.

I remember getting fish for Jonathon when he was around 5. It was interesting because I knew nothing of Fish and neither did the store clerk. He sold me a Tiger Barb, which proceeded to eat the other fishies one by one....I must say it was a bit traumatic to say the least.............

We got on track with fish combinations and then were able to enjoy their serenity!

Have a great day Heather,

Vicki

Danni said...

Fish tanks can be so pricey...hope that all the fishies do well!
cute cards and all with such fun techniques!!

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Hi Heather,

Thank you for the wonderful comments you have left on my blog.. I loved reading your story and your fishy creations are just fabulous! The slider card is such a neat idea,

Big Hugs, Nikki x

Cathy said...

Great story Heather!! Your cards are also very cute!! Love them!

Janna said...

THese are all so cute!! What a fun time! Love your idea to make the slider card! That is perfect for fish. The SAnta and fish story though was so funny, especially after what we talked about last week. It cracked me up. Man they pay attention to what we say at the wrong time don't they!

Thanks for talking to me today! I had such a great time! I jsut love it when we talk. I always learn so much and have a great time doing it!

Lots of smiles and hugs!
Janna

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

They're all so cute, but I like the top one best too!! What a fun slider card - and the little fish remind me of Nemo!

My boys have always wanted a fish tank, but we move so much - how do you take fish on a 16 hour flight to Korea?? maybe when we get back to the states...

hugs, jami