Monday, January 19, 2009

A Few Cards from the Beggining Days of my Blog.

Hi All,
.......
Well as I have not had any stamping time for 2 days now, due to spending some family time with the Holiday, I thought I would go back and pick out some of my favorite cards from the beginning days of my blog to share with you. I did not really have any readers then except for my Good Friend/SU down line/next door neighbor Tasha, Emily my other SU down line and good friend, and my Mother in Law so most of these cards will probably be new to you, and I hope you enjoy them. Many of them I taught in my Monthly Stampers Club. If I did I will post the month we did it in.
.......
This week is going to be one of my busiest stamping weeks ever!!!! It is not usually like this, but I have got to get stamping tomorrow as I have 14 projects that have to be done by next Sunday. 3 for my Monthly Stampers Club next Sunday, 9 designs for a Huge SU workshop we do every year during Sale-a-Bration. We have 26 designs and 9 of them are mine to get done. I also have Flutter By cards to finish and a few other projects as well. So I will be a busy Stamper this week!!!!
.......
So here are some cards from my Blogs first days, and don't worry I saved others to share another time as well. Let me know what you think when you are done looking!!!
.......
Stampers Club June 08
We made this card using Michelle Zindorf's technique with brayers and sponges. She teaches how to create a light around your images with sponging and so the flowers look like the light is shining down on them. I totally desined the card above, but the card below is close to one of her designs that I cased. In the card above the Silver swirly image is embossed in silver. I had them use torn post it notes to create the hill the flowers are growing on. All Supplies SU
......
We did this card the same month. This was another one of Michelle Zindorf's Cards. My Club girls loved creating this card using the Brayer, and painting the seedlings with Versa Mark ink refill then embossing them with clear embossing powder to resist the Brayerd sunset.
I took the picture of all three cards to show you that no two cards ever look alike when doing this technique. It is such a cool technique!!! All Supplies SU
I made 3 of these cards for My Hubby, and his Brother and Dad for Harvest last June. I used the same Brayer and Emboss resist to make the Wheat Scene. I stamped each piece of Wheat Twice, and then painted on Versa Mark refill then embossed, then Brayered the scene. I loved the Farmer Billy on this card!!!!! From Pink Cat Studio
Stampers Club May O8
I first learned how to make these cute Onsie cards from Lauren Meaders blog. I had the idea to make the cute dress outfit with my Colluzel wavy pattern to make the dress part. I also designed the little boys denim jumper. These are so fun to make!!!! I have a tutorial made up I can send you if you want to know how to make them. All supplies for the Onsie Cards are SU
The white and pink one is the original design I learned from Lauren, and then the dress and the two images below I changed up to make them my own. I thought this Penguin was so cute all over the onsie Here is the little boys outfit I designed.
In this card above I took torn post it notes and sponge daubers, and I sponged each diagonal layer and then moved the post it notes down and sponged the next layer, and so on and so on. I water colored the images of the baby gift pack, and I paper pieced the Pregnant girls outfit. This was one of my favorite cards ever, however it never even got one comment on SCS so maybe it was not as good as I thought it was!!! LOL
All supplies for this Card are SU except for ribbons are Hobby Lobby.
.......
I made 12 of these Bella Cards. I cased the original idea from Lauren again. She had made this great card for her Mom for her Birthday and I fell in love with it and had to buy some Bella's so I bought the ones I needed to make 12 cards for all the Mom's, Grandma's, and special Mom figures along with Aunts and very close friends in our lives I will tell you what there were 13 to 16 Bella's on each card and I was pretty tired of my Bella's when I got done. However it was so much fun making them and doing all the Coloring. This was before my Copics so all images were colored with my SU markers. Each person got the Bella's that fit her "Stages of Mommy Hood. Everyone got the Bride, and the Pregnant Bella, and I think the Cleaning Bella and Fix it Bella, but all the other Bellas were what fit that particular recipients life. So each Mommy got a different card.!!!! All supplies for the Mommy Hood Bella Cards are Stamping Bella except for the Papers which were SU Card Stocks and UID DSP.
If there were more Bella's that fit their life's other than the ones on the outside I added them to the inside. The Above Blond Bella Card I made for myself. You bet I thought I deserved one after making 12 other ones!!!
On the Top of the inside I wrote out the stages of their Mommy Hood like if they had two babies close in age I gave them the Double Stroller Bella. This Card and the one below were a Dark Brown haired Bella and a Light Brown Haired Bella. I made Red, Dark Brown, Light Brown, Light Blond, and Dark Blond Bella cards depending on who it was for.
.......
I made 7 of these cute Billy cards for Fathers day for all the Daddy's and Grandpa's in our livesWell just one Daddy, but lots of Grandpa's!!! This Set also has Billy from Pink Cat Studio on it.
Stampers Club March 08
We did 3 different Black Magic cards this month.
This
card if you have never done this technique you have to try it. It is even more stunning in person then on the web!!!!
All Supplies SU
I made this Bella Card for Piper's Teachers last year at the end of the year. I had just gotten my Bella's and had to play with them. I printed out on heavy SU Card stock My Teacher..... My Hero and then punched them out with my SU punches. I also took the round life saver thing around the teachers picture that said a cut above the rest... a cut above the rest and put it around the teachers picture. I used an SU Primary Colors Simply Scrappin Pack Card stock stickers for the cut above the rest round frame.
All Supplies SU and Stamping Bella.
I made this card for my first Sketch Saturday Challenge. I love that She's all that set with the bride in it along with the 3 other really cute silhouette stamps. All supplies for this card were SU except for the lace edge ribbon and the double ring stamp got those at Hobby Lobby.
.......
Well I guess that is all for tonight I am off to start stamping!!!!
.......
Heather

12 comments:

Danni said...

It's always so fun, I think, to look back at older cards. I love the harvest one! So fun! Great cards!

Emily said...

I just had to check in before going to bed....I love the mommy card the best...though the purple flower card is awesome too :)

Carolyn Bounds said...

These are fabulous, Heather!!! I love each and everyone of them!!! Although, I must admit, I really, REALLY love your Stages of Motherhood Bella cards!!! I hope all your creativity and hard work were greatly appreciated because each one must have taken quite some time to make...and you made 12. You are such a sweetie!!! Thank you so much for sharing these beauties!!! I hope your week is a fabulous one:o)

Hugs!
Carolyn

nicky w. said...

Ohmigosh, you've been so busy Heather!!! These cards are all so great!!! I have to admit I too like the Motherhood Bella cards...those are so awesome...and you had to color sooooo much!!! Great job!!! Thanks for sharing them all!

Carolyn Bounds said...

I left you a little something on my blog:o)

Hugs!
Carolyn

Cindy Haffner said...

They are all so fun, TFS.

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

Hey Girl! These are all fabulous - I remember some of them. The Zindorf ones with the sunset are stunning...I just love the shadows of the little seedlings!!!

Hey...I just saw your rockin' Anya card on the Greeting Farm Blog!! Woo Hoo!!

Hugs, Jami

Janna said...

Heather, all of these are absolutely amazing!!! I just love all your creativity!! You are just so super talented and I am sure any stamp company owner can look at these cards and see that you would be an asset to their team!!

Sorry about not calling you back last night. We went over to my neighbors after dinner and we wound up staying over there way past my bedtime. Don't worry though, I will be harassing you today! LOL!

Lots of smiles,
Janna

Cathy said...

Heather,

These are all fabulous!! Hopefully, I'll have people looking at my blog and I can go back down memory lane to those first posts! I hope! Have a great day.

Hugs, Cathy

Tanya said...

Very fun! Some of these I remember seeing the first time around.
I wanted to let you know- I FINALLY got around to posting the tags you've given me! They're up today!

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Your are just so creative Heather and have so many fabulous idea's, I love looking through your cards as they were all new to me.. Wow girl you are going to be so busy this week. I look forward to seeing what you create, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Regina said...

All these cards are fantastic creation! I love the cards you are making!