Friday, January 16, 2009

An Etsy Inspired Challenge - From Heart Hugs Designs Blog

An Etsy Inspired Rose
Good Morning All,
.......
Well I did so much stamping and coloring, and creating last night I have a ton of stuff to share with you today, but I am going to do it one post at a time.
.......
I have been following Ashley's Blog Heart Hugs Designs for many months now, and I really love her Insperation Etsy Challenges she does every week. I have only been able to play a couple of times but I want to change that now. I want to get more challenges done.
........
So this week the Etsy Shop was Equivoliqe. This shop has lots of Photography images you can purchase and we were to pick out a piece or two to take inspiration from. I picked out this piece. For my inspiration. I loved all the Pinks and the Rose was so pretty too!
.......
So the Above Card was my inspiration piece and here is the Card I made from the inspiration:
.......

Card Recipe:
I took my Labels #1 Nesties and Cut and embossed a piece of Pretty in Pink SU Card stock, and Pink Passion CS with the largest and next largest Nestie Die.
.......
I took a piece of Regal Rose SU Card Stock and embossed it with my Textile CB folder and my big shot.
......
I made the Card back with the really pretty Rose Red CS it is more dark pinkish then this picture shows.
........
I then took a piece of Rose Red CS and used the smallest die from the Label #1 Nesties and cut it out to make the sentiment. I hand wrote the sentiment with my White Gel Pen.
........
The Rose is colored in with:
.......
Pretty In Pink SU marker over all. I took a Passion Pink Marker and ran it accross the edges and detailed parts of the stamp to get the varying colors.
I took Burgandy Embossing powder and my White Craft SU Ink Pad and stamped the overlay of the flower then embossed it with the Burgandy Powder.
I then went back in my flower and accented parts with my Pretty in Pink, Passion Pink, Regal Rose SU markers, and my RV00 Copic.
.......
The second lg Nestie is popped up from the first layer, and the 1st layer is popped up from the Card with excess foam and rubber from my stamps, and the Sentiment nestie is popped up less than the other two are with Stampin Deminsionals from the Card Back.

Here is a picture of just the Stamped Rose and the detail of it.

.......

Here is my hand written sentiment.

.......

Finally there is a Side view of the Card. I got the idea for this "Tent" card from yesterdays post on the Whimsical Butterfly blog she made a really cute Tent card.

.......

Well I better go get Kiddo's down for Naps talk to you more in a little bit. I hope you enjoy the Etsy Inspired Challenge it was a lot of fun!!!

.......

Have a Stampendous Friday!!!!

.......

Heather

6 comments:

Danni said...

Is that a new picture of Piper? Cute!
Very cute card and lots of my fav color, pink!!
Great job!

Emily said...

Thank you for all your great advice, I am so thankful for you!!!You too need to do things for yourself. :) Thanks for all your support and your very nice words!!!I like the card although I don't like the rose flower stamp...you know me :)!!!! I don't know why, but I just don't like to stamp set....have a wonderful weekend!!

Cathy said...

Hi Heather,

This is beautiful!! Love the colors and your cute sentiment. Really nice.

Cathy

Regina said...

Oh, Heather! Your working is amazing. Lovely card! This layout design is fantastic!

Janna said...

Another Stunning card and it made me smile when I saw the textile folder you used!!! That really is beautiful, now I have to got dig it out and get moving with it!! Love the coloring on your rose!! It is so pretty and I am so glad that you were able to get some stamping done, you deserve it!!!

Hope everybody is well! I am wearing a sad face right now, because I miss talking to you today. I know you are probably tired of me, but I have really enjoyed myself this week and a large part of it is because we were able to talk so much!

Well I am off to get ready for Izzy's play date! I hope it all goes well! Have a nice evening and I will talk to you tomorrow!

Smiles,
janna

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

Hey girl! Love all these pinks - and what a cool way to turn the nestie on the top!!
hugs, Jami