Friday, January 9, 2009

A Birthday Card - Using Madelynn's Twinkling Tuesdays Sketch

Happy Fruity Birthday to You
Hello!
Well I made this card finally for Madelynn's Twinkling Tuesday's Sketch and I feel awful that it took me 3 days to get it done, but as I said before 2 other cards I started to make for Madelynn's Sketch ended up morphing into something else so this one from the start had no other option but to be for the Sketch!!! LOL
Above is the Sketch, You have probably heard me talk about it before, but Madelynn, is an 8 year old little girl and this is her 4th Sketch Challenge. She even has her own Group over on Paper Craft Planet now so cool. I think it is fun to do something inspired by the creativity of children so this will be a sketch I want to do every week! I have had this cute fruit set for a long time now and it has never seen ink, so today was it's Debut in my Stamp room!

Above is the full Card.

I used SU Card stock in Real Red, Only Orange, Green Galore, Yo Yo Yellow, and Whisper White. I used my SU Markers in the Above Colors and added on Glorious Green, and Close to Co Co for the Fruit stems and greens. That little Orange Slice can be used for an orange, lemon, or lime as you can see two of them above. The Stamp set is a current SU set Tart and Tangy. What I do find disappointing is the fact that my very bright sparkly glitter strips look very dull and not sparkly. :-( I did Split Coast Stampers Monday Technique Challenge to take your Sticky Strip and put it on paper and make Glitter Stripes on your paper. It is a very cool technique and the cards in the gallery sparkled and shined (not a word?) so cool! I think part of the reason my colors do not stand out so much is the photo takes something away from it, but also the green makes the bright Orange glitter, and bright Yellow glitter more subdued in color.

Here is my Sentiment I hand wrote it onto a stamped lemon slice.

Each Fruit stamp and the orange layer and the sentiment are all popped up from the other layers. I took my kitchen knife and distressed the edge of the Orange Layer and the yellow layer and I cuttled the Green layer with my dots and circles CB folder and my big shot. I really should by one of those distressing tools but those kitchen knifes really come in handy!!!
Well I guess that is all for today I hope you enjoy the Bright Card it is much brighter in person even!!! Great for Birthday Greetings I guess!
Have a Great Night!
Heather

12 comments:

Danni said...

This is cute!! What a fun way to use that stamp set!

Madelynn said...

Hi this is Madelynn. I love your glitter strips. They are so pretty. I like the fruit stamps, too. Thank you so much for playing my sketch. :)

the whimsical butterfly said...

Hey Heather!

Don't ya hate that when you take a pic and it just doesn't turn out the way it looks in person? That just happened to the card on my blog today, actually. I just don't think the shimmerz on Sophia's dress are as sparkly. Oh well...your card is so bright and cheery! Madelynn was thrilled that you played her sketch. Thanks for doing that! Cute!!! Hugs, Jessica :)

Juliana said...

Another lovely lot of cards:)

Tasha Hickert said...

Ooh, I didn't know you had the fruit set. I have always liked that one but since I own a different fruit set, well, you know...Okay now that your gift is on it's way, I realize I should have gotten you the handy-dandy paper distressing gadget. Guess if you don't buy it before next year that is what you are getting!!!

Regina said...

Your fruit card is absolutely adorable! I love this fresh color!

Emily said...

I love the colors...I WANT SUMMER!!!!

Janna said...

Hi hate it when things don't turn out in the picture like they do in real life. Of course that is basically how all my pictures turn out! Lol! I love the bright colors and the layers on this card. I saw that challenge on Monday and will hopefully give it a try sometime! Fabulous job on this card Heather!

BTW, is Piper doing better? I hope so!

Have a great weekend!

Lots of smiles and hugs!

Janna

nicky w. said...

Lovely card Heather!!! The colors are awesome!

Cathy said...

This is great!! I hate when you don't feel that the photo shows the true image of your creation but this is too cute!!

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

Love those bright colors!! and what a cool way to do the fruit popped up on that panel. Love it!
hugs, Jami

Tanya said...

Very fun birthday card! The fruit looks super tasty too! I am missing summer! LOL!