Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Monday, September 29, 2008
Sunday, September 28, 2008
Friday, September 26, 2008
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
- I was tagged by Jami at Stamp Happy Blog: http://westamphappy.blogspot.com/ She is awesome she designs for Our Daily Bread who have wonderful religious stamps and sayings! - be sure to check out her blog and leave her some love!
- OK, here we go...Tagging Game Rules:
- 1. Link your tagger and list the rules on your blog 2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog some random, some weird.
- 3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs
- 4. Let them know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blogSo, here you go...Seven things about me you never knew .. So, hopefully after hearing all that, you still like me and you'll keep coming back. I decided to tag 7 people whose blogs inspire me, or I am close to personally, (not that being close to them does not mean their blogs do not inspire me) ha ha ha!!!!
- Stop by their blogs, tell them I sent you, learn a little about them, and show them some love!! We all love positive comments right???
- So Here they Are:
- Tasha my wonderful neighbor, who helps me in a million ways, and is also a soon to be down line with Stampin Up. We started our blogs about the same time! http://tashasdesignworld.blogspot.com/
- My Good Friend Emily (who also has helped me in a million ways!) She just started her blog today so I am not sure how far along it is. But all the same she could use some encouragement. She got me into blogging by telling me about this girl named Lauren Meader who's blog she read every day! http://emily-buzzyblogger.blogspot.com/
- Melissa at Pink Cat Studio because I love her stamps and she is fun to talk to! http://www.pinkcatstudio.blogspot.com/
- Kristin from - Mindless Creativity, I found her blog this weekend, and she is also very cute and fun to chat with (on e-mail, and comments on blogs) She has some fun creative stuff to see on her blog! http://kristinscrafts.blogspot.com/
- Tanya at Tanya's Stamp and Things - I recently found her blog as well and she has some cool samples and interesting projects to see on her blog too! :-)
- Melanie at M & M Farm life. (She is my sister-in-law, I had to tag someone in my family!) http://mmfarmlife.blogspot.com/
- Karen Barber she is this wonderful artist, I just love reading her blog. She does not post as often as I would like to read her (cause reading her blog always brightens up my day!!!!)She does the black magic technique, and it is just wonderful! You have to check her out! Go back a ways like starting in November for the black magic tutorial I think! http://karenbarberstamps.blogspot.com/
Now for the 7 things about me you, might now know???
- I really really want 4 kids. I always have since I was a little girl. It is a true burning desire for me. Not yet since tucker is only 14 months old, but I still want 1 more
- I have loved stamping since I was a young child and got my first hello kitty stamp set. It was tiny and came in this little suite case the size of my hand.
- I have always wanted to Sky Dive, but have never had the opportunity yet.
- When I was a little girl I always thought I would be a missionary over seas, but that is not the path my life has lead me in yet.
- I have a Barbie Collection (not the every day Barbie's the high end Barbie's that have never been out of the box. I have about 50 of them like the Gone With the Wind Series, the Marilyn Monroe series, the Masquerade Ball series, and many more....I collected them during college and until I got married, but I have not bought any since we got married. Most likely that is because that is about the time I started scrap booking and crafting and my Barbie money went to that instead!!! he he he!
- When I was in 7the grade I decided I did not like the name Heather so I went by the name Lynnette ( my middle name) The problem was I was so used to being called Heather half the time when my teachers called on me I did not realize they were talking to me! I was an army brat and moved 31 times before 13 so it was easy to change my name at a new school. We moved to Hawaii next and I went back to Heather there! :-)
- I went to boarding school when I was 16 and completed 2 years of High School in 1 so in 3 years of High School I went to 4 different schools. I graduated from a school I spent 1 semester at. However I stayed her and have now lived her for 17 years! Ha Ha
Well there are some interesting facts about me, now head out to the other girls blogs and show them some love to! :-)
Hope you enjoy the tag game!
Monday, September 22, 2008
All images on this blog can be viewed larger by clicking on them.
- Hi All,
- I hope you had a good weekend. I lost my voice yesterday and had a really sore throat, but today I feel much better.
- My Mom is here from Colorado for a few days to visit the kids, then they will leave Friday and Marvin's Mom will come, and we will leave for Kansas City so I can go to Stampin Up Regional's . I am really looking forward to it. I have never been to an SU convention, Leadership, or Regional Event so it should be fun! Oh and yes I am looking forward to the weekend away with my Husband to! Tucker is almost 15 months and we have never left him anywhere so it will be nice to have a weekend away! I did not get a chance to create anything today. I have lots of ideas floating around in my head, but with the busy week, I may not get much Stamping time.
- That is O.K. because I have enough samples in my sample box to share with you for probably a months worth of posts! Ha Ha ha. So I will give you a few of them now.
- Have a very Wonderful Week!
Sunday, September 21, 2008
- This Morning I found out some friends had welcomed their baby girl 3 weeks early this weekend. I needed to get a Baby Card done, and I thought why not follow the sketch from yesterday. It was super easy to do I already knew what the card was going to look like I just had to pick out different colors and stamps. Maybe we should all use our sketches more? We could get more done faster when in a hurry????
Saturday, September 20, 2008
- I am pretty excited because this card accomplished several things for me.
- I wanted to do Lauren Meader's Saturday Sketch. I am going to try to do it every Saturday. I have found out this week, that if I take time to get creative and do at least one Stampation I am more energized to clean, do laundry, play with the kids ect..
- I have been wanting to do a Monochromatic Card lately. This one is mostly Green's, but as Silver is my favorite color I added a little of that in as well.
- I have really wanted to use my Dress up Lilly and Dress up Billy sets more. They have been sitting there un-inked for far to long! (I just love Melissa over at Pink Cat, she is so nice and easy to talk to (e-mail) she also lets you Name the stamp sets what you want so like I gave Willow Dress Up Willow for her birthday because Lilly reminds me so much of my happy little 4 year old Willow) Tucker has Dress up Tucker as well!)
- I especially have wanted to make a Tinker Bell with the Lilly Stamp because I have a Scrapbook page I am working on that makes Lilly Snow White, Tinker Bell, and Cinderella, because I am putting pictures of the girls playing dress up on it.
- It just plain got my creative juices flowing! Plus Green is my 2nd favorite color (ha ha if you can not already tell that by my blog!)
My Recipe for this Card
Hop on over to Lauren's site to see the Original Sketch here:
- One of these days I am going to figure out how to copy the sketch and put it on here. Tasha did it so I am sure if I just ask she will help me on that one.
- O.K. I used SU CS colors Glorious Green, Green Galore, Gable Green, and Shimmery Silver Card Stock.
- I used my SU markers in Black, Blush Blossom, Apricot Appeal, Green Galore, Glorious Green, Gable Green, Garden Green, Yo Yo Yellow, and Pretty in Pink to color in the fairy.
- I used SU punche to punch out 1/2" circles to make the scalloped edge. I was inspired to do- that because Lauren had trouble making the scallop edge on her sketch and it looked like circles on top of each other so I liked the circles look. I just like using circles period. I played around with taking the circles all the way around the card, and even just taking them a little bit further over the corners and onto the top and bottom of the card, but neither looked right so I just stuck with leaving them on the left side only.
- I used an unidentified elegant corner rounder to do the corners of the Gable Green layer
- I used my Marvy Corner Rounder to do the Glorious Green layer.
- I took my SU shimmery silver paper and punched 6 of the New SU Scallop Square punches to make the rectangle behind the fairy.
- I used my colluzel to cut out the green galore circle the fairy is on, and I distressed the edges of that circle with Glorious Green Ink.
- I put SU Silver Glitter on the wings, and I put Dazzling Diamonds glitter in Lilly's Hair.
I hope you enjoy it, it was fun to make!
Check out all the other Saturday Sketch girls projects from the links on Lauren's Site!
Friday, September 19, 2008
Thursday, September 18, 2008
So for this particular card I did the Color Challenge using SU colors Baja Breeze, Sahara Sand, Not Quite Navy, and Kiwi Kiss. I also did the Sketch challenge which looked something like the front of my card except the butterfly was a circle and where the twine is was an X.
Lastly I did the Technique challenge. It was called a Spring (like a real bed spring) Card. To view the U-Tube tutorial on how to do this fun technique go here:
It is a fun little video to watch.So the spring technique makes the card open and spring shut and it also makes the butterflies (just what I chose to put on the end of the springs) look like they are flying.
I have another one I am going to try tonight. This one was the September Demo Wicked Challenge, the other one I want to try is the August Demo Wicked Challenge.
Hope you like the card, let me know what you think!
- "Oh, so I get it the scale only goes all the way up when Grown Ups step on it"
- She said "No really mom I mean when I get on the scale it stays at the bottom, but when you got on it it went all the way to the other side"
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
- I got the original Onsie Card Design from Lauren Meader's Blog (click name for link) she has a tutorial on them and it is copy writed by her. I love, love, love, my little Penguin Outfit I designed!
- Today I am going to post some of our Stamper's Club Stampations we did this last year in club.
- I am ready for Club to start back up.
- Club allows me to get out for a few hours a month where I am not a Mommy, Wife, or Nurse. I get to be Heather! It is a great avenue for me to create, design, and take a little time for me! So with no further adue here are some Club Designs. I will post more designs later. ; )
- It was a busy morning. Today was the first time I was scheduled to help in Piper's class. I am going to try to help in there the 1st and 3rd Wednesday's, but it will be somewhat hard because I have to beg, borrow, and steal babysitting help just so I can go. I have 3 or 4 people I can ask, but I hate to do it because they all have things going on, or it is their only day off each week, ect....
- I do want to be able to be somewhat active at the school so I can kind of figure out what is going on. Piper has a teacher this year who has sent absolutely no correspondence home. She has not told us one thing about her expectations, what they do in class, instructions for any home work, or any other news. I guess she just expects that the kids will tell, us, but let me tell you if you do not have a kid in school yet, they tell you precious little about their day.
- I used to think this was weird when the Neighbor boy said he did not know what he did in school, but I have found that was not weird, but normal! Piper gets home 15 min after school gets out, and already remembers nothing from her day???????
- So anyway I was looking forward to going and getting to meet Piper's teacher, and see how her room runs. Guess what no Mrs. Sorrell, she was in meetings! So she left me a note of what to do and there was a sub there who was nervous because she had never taught 1st grade, and she was a retired Gym teacher, and she had never subbed at Union Valley before (she seemed to do fine though). So when I got there Piper was at recess and I had go downstairs and do about 80 die cuts for the room.
- Now back to the beginning of the day. I know these sweet kiddos will never have any idea of what we do for them!
- I got up got Piper ready and off to school. Then I had to rush to get myself and the other two ready. Then I took Willow to Pre-school took her in and got her settled, rushed back to our house grabbed something for Tucker, then took Tucker next door for Tasha to watch him.
- Then I left for Piper's class. I got there found out there was no teacher today and went down stairs to do the list of die cuts.
- I had to die cut 25 black bats, and 25 orange pumpkins. Now the PTO provides the teachers with all these huge and small rolls of sticky vinyl in many many colors. You have to cut the sheets down several ways to get them to run thru the die cut machine. Then you cut in pieces to place on the die cut and do each die 3 times so it will cut well. I did all that and proceeded on to the Black letters The State Fair Winners. I got all the letters done and thought well I still have 30 min I can observe things in Piper's class. Then I went to stack the letters and realized when you die cut the letters they are backwards and you have to turn the vinyl paper upside down or the letters are facing the wrong direction! Uuuuggghhhhh!
- O.K. this would not have been so bad, but I was in the basement of the school and I was so hot I thought I might pass out. I had been sweating a lot for the last 20 min thinking I can not take this heat much longer. I am not sure why it was so hot, (a am a cold blooded person so it has to be really hot for me to be sweating and feeling faint!) So now I needed to re cut and re do all the letter dies.
- Life is so funny sometimes! Like I said before our little kiddo's have no idea what we do for them! They have no idea all the sacrifices and hula hoops we jump thru to be there for them! I would not change it for the world though! So I re did the letters that took 20 more minutes and I got up stairs 10 min before they had to leave for lunch. Piper was upset because she knew I was going to help today and since she was at recess when I got there and it took so long to do all the die cutting I only was in her room with her for 10 min. I told her I had been there for a long time already, but I do not think she believed me! :-)
- So then it was back to pick up Willow, grab some lunch, and then Pick up Tucker and go home. By the time I got them down for naps I was tired myself. Ever have one of those days when you feel like you need a nap? Today was one of them! :-)
- The rest of the day has been pretty un-eventful so there is my story about my 1st time to help in Pipers class. It was a fun comical day that is for sure!!!!!
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
- So far I have been coloring all my Bella's and Lilly and Billy's with my SU Markers. The work great for me. A lot of people use Prisma Color, or Copic Markers, but at this point I have to stick with my SU markers.
- You have to read the first Post about Bella's before this one! There are a few Bella Posts.
- Here are a few of the other Bella Cards I have made.
This first Bella Card I made 2 of One for Piper's Kindergarten Teacher, and one for Her Kindergarten Teachers Aide. At the Top I took a picture of the Teacher punched it out with a circle punch and used a sticker from SU Simply Scappin Pack Primary Colors that said a cut above the rest, A cut above the rest.... all around the circle. It looked like a life preserver around the picture kind of framing it. Then I stamped and colored a TeachaBella and a SuperWomanaBella . I typed My Teacher, and My Hero on the Computer printed it out then punched them out with the Designer Label, and the Large Star Punches. I used the Classic Stars Jumbo wheel to do the bottom of the card. I distressed the card with Silver, and Buckaroo Blue.
On the top inside of the Card I wrote the Steps out for them then at the bottom put
"You are a Mommy, You are a Super Woman!!"
- I found out about Bella Cards on Laurens web blog. She made this card for her mother and did 13 Bella's in different walks of a Mothers Life. I fell in love with the Bella's. This was around Mother's Day so I had convinced my DH to let me order some Bella's for Mother's Day. I think I ended up with around 20 (it was a good Mother's Day gift!!!!)